It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mattis goes against Trump.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 08:53 PM
link   
www.usatoday.com...

In the third break with Trump in the past 3 weeks, and this one being pretty vocal. Mattis has ordered the Pentagon to not implement the transgender ban.

Essentially, he ordered a study on it, with the intention that this issue will get fast tracked to the Supreme Court and squashed rather than implemented.

Whatever your thoughts are on this, it leads to a larger issue. Trump appointed a lot of generals and right now those generals are doing everything in their power to go against Trump. Mattis is now finding loopholes in orders coming directly from the President. Kelly is booting people from the White House and filtering what information Trump gets. McMaster dictated an Afghanistan policy to Trump, that Trump followed... as a complete 180 from his previous view.

While I have to admit that it's nice having adults in the room and being sane about running things I have to wonder: Are we seeing an outright military coup in action here?

+11 more 
posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 08:55 PM
link   
I doubt it's a coup...

They just know they have a senile POTUS...

It has to be done.

+1 more 
posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 08:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

So they want a study to justify the policy, and people freak out and think there's some kind of military coup happening.

The strategy is perfect.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 08:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan
www.usatoday.com...

In the third break with Trump in the past 3 weeks, and this one being pretty vocal. Mattis has ordered the Pentagon to not implement the transgender ban.

Essentially, he ordered a study on it, with the intention that this issue will get fast tracked to the Supreme Court and squashed rather than implemented.

Whatever your thoughts are on this, it leads to a larger issue. Trump appointed a lot of generals and right now those generals are doing everything in their power to go against Trump. Mattis is now finding loopholes in orders coming directly from the President. Kelly is booting people from the White House and filtering what information Trump gets. McMaster dictated an Afghanistan policy to Trump, that Trump followed... as a complete 180 from his previous view.

While I have to admit that it's nice having adults in the room and being sane about running things I have to wonder: Are we seeing an outright military coup in action here?

No. A military coup would be if a General led a renegade branch of the military to march on D.C., storm the White House, hang Trump from a light pole, and then gather 'round the perimeter as the general took control of the country.

We still have laws in this country. If what the generals are doing is legal, it can hardly be called a coup.

As far as everyone betraying Trump... Trump is the only common thread in all these dysfunctional relationships.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 08:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hazardous1408
I doubt it's a coup...

They just know they have a senile POTUS...

It has to be done.

That would be a coup. I'm not saying the military has the intention (right now) of permanently holding power. Only that they've essentially stepped in, said the emperor has no clothes, and have every intention of calling the shots until they 25 him, he's impeached, or he leaves office.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 08:58 PM
link   
a reply to: [post=22617700]

Sick of these idiots not serving the President. Ifthey are not on board with his agenda they need to leave
edit on 29-8-2017 by norhoc because: Idea change

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 08:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dudemo5
No. A military coup would be if a General led a renegade branch of the military to march on D.C., storm the White House, hang Trump from a light pole, and then gather 'round the perimeter as the general took control of the country.

We still have laws in this country. If what the generals are doing is legal, it can hardly be called a coup.

As far as everyone betraying Trump... Trump is the only common thread in all these dysfunctional relationships.

Not all coup's are violent. Some simply see a weak leader, step in, and take charge until the mess can be sorted out.

+4 more 
posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 08:59 PM
link   

No. No coup.

We're just witnessing men doing what they think is right despite the ignorance of the man in charge.

Mattis does not care if he is removed next.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 09:01 PM
link   
What you're seeing here is the CIA controlled power structure in America going full swing.

The will of the people is so 1700's......

The CIA runs America, it has since it's inception and will continue to until American's switch off their TV.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 09:04 PM
link   
We can't have anything disrupting the social engineering agenda, even when it pertains to the military, whose objective is to kill.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Hmmmm....I read and re-read your article and found absolutely nothing indicating Mattis is going against President Trump. Please show me where you got that. Here are statements directly from your article:

The president issued that notification Friday night. It directed Mattis to study the issue and determine how to implement Trump's direction.

Trump, in the order, said the Obama administration "failed to identify a sufficient basis to conclude that terminating the Departments' longstanding policy and practice would not hinder military effectiveness and lethality, disrupt unit cohesion, or tax military resources." Further study is needed to ensure the policy would not have those effects, he wrote.

The order temporarily protects transgender people already serving in the military, directing that “no action may be taken against such individuals” until the secretary of Defense comes up with an implementation plan.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 09:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

No. No coup.

We're just witnessing men doing what they think is right despite the ignorance of the man in charge.

Mattis does not care if he is removed next.

I'm not saying that what they're doing is wrong. But even the generals are moving against Trump now. And they're the ones with the power. They're calling the shots.

I would call that a coup. And I can't believe that Trump has been such a disaster that he has me defending a military take over of our government.

Also, I think Mattis very much does care. Reports are that he's furious with Trump, due to what a disaster he has been for our military so far. Given the fact that he's one of the few people in government who can make a difference right now, I think he wants to stay right where he is for the greater good.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Mattis goes against Trump.

Wrong. SecDef can't make a decision like this without approval from the president.

It's an equitable approach in my opinion. Let them stay in, conduct in depth study of readiness and discipline, make decision after actual data comes in.

If Trans troops status as transsexual proves to be a problem, then start chaptering them out. If not, let them serve and shut up about it.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 09:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords
Hmmmm....I read and re-read your article and found absolutely nothing indicating Mattis is going against President Trump. Please show me where you got that. Here are statements directly from your article:

Trump has said publicly. No transgenders in the military in any capacity. Discharge all the current ones, don't recruit any more.

Mattis's response was to open a study that attempts to see if they harm military effectiveness in order to prove that transgendered soldiers aren't weakening our military.

Furthermore Mattis told the military the other day to not worry about the transgender ban. The people at the top would take care of things. They just need to focus on their jobs and wait for the country to return to sanity.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 09:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
Wrong. SecDef can't make a decision like this without approval from the president.

It's an equitable approach in my opinion. Let them stay in, conduct in depth study of readiness and discipline, make decision after actual data comes in.

If Trans troops status as transsexual proves to be a problem, then start chaptering them out. If not, let them serve and shut up about it.

The very act of studying it (which in itself is nothing more than a political move to buy time while this gets fast tracked to the Supreme Court... which is looking very likely) is going against Trumps wishes.

Trump sold this to his base as kicking all transgendered out of the military, and not letting any new ones in.

Mattis basically is using a loophole in that to delay the order. It's not direct disobedience, but it's delaying implementation.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Nobody asks for someone's gender when they enlist. Transgender is not transsexual. I can wake up tomorrow morning and say I'm female or some other gender other than male and I become a transgender. It is purely a psychological thing.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Respectfully, I think a lot of what you just said is all in your mind.

The generals are moving against Trump now? I don't see that at all. How do you know they're calling the shots? Are you at the cabinet meetings?

What reports say Mattis is furious with Trump? This is ATS, man! Post an article, a tweet, a speech transcript....something showing this fury.

I would imagine if Mattis seems to be a bit grumpy, it's because two of our Naval destroyers have been damaged by collisions this month. Whatever the reason, it's not a good reflection on the DOD, I would think.

edit on 29-8-2017 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: norhoc

Sick of these idiots not serving the President. Ifthey are not on board with his agenda they need to leave

Trump shows no loyalty to anyone but others should bow down to his BS and serve him?

His staff isn't afraid of him anymore.
edit on 29-8-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

link   

I really don't understand why Anthony Scaramucci had to leave. He was a fighter FOR the President.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 09:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

I really don't understand why Anthony Scaramucci had to leave. He was a fighter FOR the President.

Because he was taking the spotlight away from Trump. Trump loves the cameras and the attention and he's not sharing with anyone.
edit on 29-8-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

<<   2  3  4 >>

join