It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

High Dose Vitamin C found to halt blood cancer

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Early stage trials show that Vitamin C can help combat blood cancer.

Early-stage trials have shown that high doses of vitamin C can help to fight blood cancer. While the cancer-fighting ability of this vitamin has long been known, the study shed some new light on its effects on leukemia.
www.naturalnews.com... -it.html

As a supplement to conventional therapy Vitamin C helps people, particularly for patients that are weak.

The study was published in the journal Cell, and the researchers suggest that vitamin C could be used to treat these types of cancer in conjunction with conventional treatments like chemotherapy in the future. They believe it could be particularly useful for patients who are not strong enough to undergo aggressive chemotherapy due to advanced age.

Vit-C also has been shown to reduce inflammation and reduce tumor markers for breast and prostate cancers.

For example, it has been shown to reduce inflammation as well as tumor markers in patients with breast cancer and prostate cancer. In one study, 76 percent of cancer patients noted reduced inflammation levels after Vitamin C treatments, with the average patient’s CRP levels dropping by 80 percent. Those who had been given more IV vitamin C treatments noted better results.

So why do we not hear about this cheap safe alternative treatment? Money. At $5,000 a pop for chemo, no company is willing to talk about a product you can order online from veterinary supply companies for $30.

So why do we hear about cancer patients getting chemotherapy, radiation, surgery and more drugs instead of vitamin C? The money-making machine of Big Pharma wants everyone to believe that the options that rake in the most money for them are their only choices. Vitamin C is cheap and cannot be patented, which means there is no financial motivation for cancer clinics to promote it over the highly profitable route of chemotherapy.

edit on 29-8-2017 by seasonal because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 03:32 PM
link   
I've been following this for a while, very interesting. I take a high level of C and haven't had a cold in the 3 years of taking it

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 03:40 PM
link   
a reply to: WUNK22

I always wonder how much of a C pill gets through the digestive system. The reading I have done says very little oral V-c gets to the cells.
I have read about lipo-C. Both that it delivers a high amount of vit c and some that say it is no different than regular oral pills of V-c.

I looked into doing an IV myself, the system is not set up for us to take care of ourselves. Doing it myself would be about a $100. I don't know if I have the guts to do it though.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 04:35 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

I've been magadosing vitamin C daily ever since I read this ATS thread five years ago. The one time I have been sick since then was when returning from a vacation and I hadn't had any for about a week. I've got a few friends started and they are all having the same results. The stuff really is amazing.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Early-stage trials have shown that high doses of vitamin C can help to fight blood cancer. While the cancer-fighting ability of this vitamin has long been known, the study shed some new light on its effects on leukemia.

Mostly in just T 0 or 1 - N 0 - M 0 stage. Or if in the case of Leukemia a Rai stage 0
Peace.
edit on 8/29/17 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Howard Hughes attributed his swift recovery from the 1946 crash to freshly squeezed orange juice... it had to be squeezed in the same room with him. [edit/ grammar]
edit on 8/29/2017 by SayonaraJupiter because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Linus Pauling thought he found the cause/cure for heart disease... vitamin c and lysine clears arterial plaques and vit c keeps the plaques from forming in the first place, as the lack of vit c is the instigator.

He thought the plaques form to keep the artery from breaking, rather than cholesterol congealing.

I thought it was quackery ... until a series of friends cured themselves with it. My whole family died young from heart disease... I am sedentary, smoke like a chimney and eat like an idiot, yet I'm well past my family's usual expiration date... likely because I've taken vit c my whole life.

If a placebo effect, then a pretty good one! Not all alt medicine is whacky... only most (kidding... sorta).

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 06:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Baddogma

I still am suspicious of how much vit C is reaching my bloodstream and actually going into the cells taking oral vit C pills. From what I am given to understand the only real way to significantly raise blood serum vit C levels is an IV of Vit C.

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 04:45 AM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

Nah... if v-c didn't get into you via plain ol' pills there would be scads of scurvy deaths (or more than there are... some posit that heart disease is a sub clinical scurvy).

Liposomal c does enter the cells more effectively, but enough gets in via oral doses to be effective, too... it has to... or scurvy!

top topics

join