It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Hurricane Harvey weather warfare?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Recently upon coming across the news that Harvey is going to double back over parts of Texas including Houston I came to the realization that this may be potentially weather warfare.

Harvey may spin offshore

If this was weather warfare who would it be coming from?

China create rainwater every year

It does that by “cloud-seeding,” the colloquial term for rocket-launching chemicals into clouds, accelerating the creation of ice crystals that eventually become rain (China uses military aircraft too). This meteorological enema isn’t just handy for combating the country’s increasingly severe droughts and, supposedly, preventing hail. Local governments use “weather modification” to clear away lingering billows of air pollution.

Russia spends millions on cloud seeding

Russia spends millions on 'cloud seeding' technology to ensure it doesn't rain on May Day public holiday

Operation Popeye

Operation Popeye (Project Controlled Weather Popeye / Motorpool / Intermediary-Compatriot) was a highly classified weather modification program in Southeast Asia during 1967–1972. The cloud seeding operation during the Vietnam War ran from March 20, 1967 until July 5, 1972 in an attempt to extend the monsoon season, specifically over areas of the Ho Chi Minh Trail. The operation was used to induce rain and extend the East Asian Monsoon season in support of U.S. government efforts related to the War in Southeast Asia.

Considering this technology has been around for a long time how possible is it that you think a country has weaponized this against the US??

What does everyone think is this an attack or an organic situation?

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 10:01 PM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

I dont think it was artificial. The area is well known to produce hurricanes like this.

I dont think either of the countries you listed would risk manipulating weather to create a super storm against the US. Too risky and it could easily back fire in more ways than one.

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 10:03 PM
link   

I might be on board with that story, if the first hurricane to ever hit was back in the 60s.
But since they have been around at least since recorded time, I would say nobody invented them as weapons.

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 10:03 PM
link   
a reply to: CreationBro

Hmmm. You could be right. I did think this is something we have to start considering in the times we are living in.

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 10:04 PM
link   
a reply to: RazorV66

Well... as they say... never let a good catastrophe go to waste I think the saying of choice of the NWO.

Think there was any activity in the sky around the time...?? flying around make it worse?? is that possible?
edit on 27-8-2017 by toysforadults because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 10:09 PM
link   

What if the real weather warfare isn't creating storms, but directing them once already formed?

A good way to tell would be to look at the routes of all recorded hurricanes and see if they changed after a certain point. Then cross reference that with the development of any technology that might be used to do it.

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 10:12 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

Yeah guiding it or enabling it was more my point.

Good idea though wonder where that data can be viewed it all?

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Could seeding is questionable at best as to how effective it is. There is no way too know if those clouds were going to rain or not. And there are many variables that go into how strong a hurricane is. I've seen them do all kinds of strange things all on their own over the years.

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 10:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

I have too, I remember living in Palm Beach when I think it was Jean just sat over top of my apartment for hours and hours and hours.

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 10:16 PM
link   
I was wondering when we would get the 1st hurricane weather weapon thread out of this.

While I suppose it may be possible at some point, I find it very unlikely anyone has the technology to create or control hurricanes.

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 10:17 PM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn

Well, it's not really about weather modification existing it's more about to the extend that it exist would be where we are at this point.

Do we know for sure?

I would assume that since we originally employed this technology in Vietnam we have had a lot of time to develop it.

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Back in the 60s or 70s Hawaii got hit by one that passed it by, hit Johnston Atoll, and turned around and came back to Hawaii.

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 10:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

So weird.

What other weather patterns do this?

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Hurricanes are the most visible that do it. It's easy to see them do it, because they're tracked so closely. I've heard of a few fronts doing weird things, but we don't see them, except by rain or wind that comes with them.

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 10:23 PM
link   
None of you mentioned h.a.a.r.p.

edit on 27-8-2017 by anotherside because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 10:24 PM
link   
a reply to: anotherside

Haven't seen a HAARP thread in years not sure the two are connected

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Hurricanes have been around, by one name or the other, over warm waters since before the land was populated by humans. That is not the concern.

I find the fact that it is stalled and dumping all in one general area to be rather suspicious. I am now going over every hurricane since 1900 on the NOAA site to see how many have stalled for almost a week, as Harvey is now doing. THAT is the suspicious part about this storm......there are no 'steering winds' to take this along like it should.

I will let you know what I find.

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 10:28 PM
link   
a reply to: FissionSurplus

Let me know what you find

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 10:29 PM
link   
a reply to: anotherside

Because HAARP doesn't control the weather. It works well above the level where weather takes place. Weather forms in the troposphere, which extends up to 10 miles or so. HAARP was an ionospheric heater. The ionosphere doesn't start until 50 miles.

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 10:39 PM
link   
If this hurricane were artificial (and by the way, no-one has ever demonstrated that it is possible to create one) the meteorologists would be able to trace its history back to a location somewhere out at sea and spot it developing in an unnatural way. It's not like hurricanes sneak up on you with no warning.

The natural processes creating hurricanes are well-understood, and those would be very hard to simulate. If it were at all possible. Which at present it is not.

Also, it would be a bit of a rubbish weapon, because you could only use it in the tropics, during certain weather, at certain times of the year, and once you had created it you would have to sit back and watch as it did its own thing: the best you could hope for would be that it survived at hurricane force long enough to hit some coastal development, in some nation, more or less at random.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join