It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Hurricane Harvey weather warfare?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 10:44 PM
link   
it`s just a hurricane, hurricanes have been happening since the earth has been here.back in the 1960`s and 1970`s we had a fair number of hurricanes in the mid atlantic region of the east coast. as kids we would go out in the hurricanes and play in the water that was 2 feet deep and turning the roads into rivers.
if you live long enough you`ll see a lot of hurricanes and other weather and you`ll look back on this OP and be embarrassed by it.
The younger generation think that they are the first ones to experience everything, while the older generation just listens to them and rolls our eyes and shake our heads.
edit on 27-8-2017 by Tardacus because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 10:45 PM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

It is interesting to me. While the area IS prone to hurricanes it is something to consider.

The big news since Friday is that oil prices are going up because of the 2.2 million barrels of crude oil that is produced in TX. Fancy that. The fact that Trump (and others) are heavily invested in oil. The pipeline issue.

Cloud seeding HAS been around for quite some time - and being utilized. Though, I do not believe that it would be foreign suspect. Unless, it becomes a means to insidiously create further civil unrest. Easily possible. And from the Eastern philosophy, far more damage would come from that than an all-out attack.

If it is from our own #e facade of a government, we've a load of issues here right now coming to a simmer. They're just salivating for them to boil over. One signature is all they need. One and done, so they say.

(Sidenote/off topic...a LITTLE) I'm betting that the Rockefeller's are fighting hard and heavy against the old oil tycoons. Should have told people LOADS when they divested their money in oil and disclosed they were moving it to clean energy research. Not, of course, that they are doing it out of concern or the kindness of their hearts. They see oil for what it is in this brave new world - and it will slowly stop lining their pockets. New energy is where the money is. That and pot.

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 10:49 PM
link   
a reply to: themightymissm

oil producers will use any excuse to raise gas prices and gouge the consumers, if a gnat farts in Oklahoma the texas oil refineries will claim the gnats fart interfered with gas refining and the oil companies will raise the price of gas.
I live in a seaside vacation resort area and in the summer every Thursday the gas prices go up by 15 cents a gallon and every Monday they go back down by 15 cents a gallon. it doesn`t take a genius to know that they are raising the gas prices on Thursday to gouge the tourists who are coming and going to their annual Friday to friday weeklong vacations,that`s why I only buy gas on Monday,tuesday or Wednesday during the summer.

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 10:50 PM
link   

It takes a lot more than cloud seeding to strengthen a hurricane though, if cloud seeding even works.

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 10:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Tardacus

lol

This is very true.

I think it all quite interesting still. Certainly not overreacting about it, but I like to consider outside of the cube.

I'll have to remember gnat farts the next time I have this convo with someone else.

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 10:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: anotherside

Because HAARP doesn't control the weather. It works well above the level where weather takes place. Weather forms in the troposphere, which extends up to 10 miles or so. HAARP was an ionospheric heater. The ionosphere doesn't start until 50 miles.

If HAARP did control weather you wouldn't know either way since it would be an unacknowledged SAP and so much of what is publicly known and what isn't publicly known could be a huge disparity between the two. Add to that you not being an Meteorology professor makes any further claims you make about HAARP even more doubtful.

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 10:55 PM
link   
If China and Russia have this technology we have it too....so...wouldn't it pretty much be a stand-off, like the nukes?

The theories I've heard revolve mostly around the steering of the storm rather than creating the storms. I don't have enough technical knowledge to judge but do find them interesting in light of some of the stuff that was formerly classified being released. Have to wonder what is still in the classified files about this technology....

Or maybe Mother Nature really is fickle as well as powerful! I'm pretty much in that camp right now because that's what I firmly wish to believe. To think that a few human being had the power to make it rain or stop it from raining is just too much for my little brain to comprehend. I'm betting on our Mother.

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 10:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Agreed.

Devils advocate...there could be more that we don't know. Most people don't know anything - not even the ones that say they do. Most of what we believe are perceptions (formed by our community) of constructs that were long in place not leaving much room for anything but what the foundation of that construct was intended. Good or bad/honest or dishonest.

Our arrogance tells us we know stuff....and not to be a weirdo. I just don't bite down hard on anything anymore. Not for lack of knowledge. I have plenty of that. But I have little proof of my own. It would seem the more I think I know, (science/philosophy/etc.) the absolute lack of KNOWING is certain. lol But just that's yet another opinion/perception.

At any rate, no harm in curiosity as long as it doesn't harm anyone. I'm grateful for your input!

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 10:58 PM
link   

it`s absolutely criminal the way the refiners monopolize the gas supply in America and it`s treasonous the way the government allows them to do it and subsidizes them for doing it.

as George bush said, " if the American people knew what we have done they would chase us through the streets and hang us from the light poles"

he let slip how corrupt the government is.

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 11:11 PM
link   
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

Because all SAPs allow public access, and give tours.

OPEN HOUSE

This year's open house at HAARP will be August 19, 2017, at 11.3 mile Tok Cutoff highway, Gakona, Alaska. The facility will be open from 9 a.m. until 3 p.m. with tours, displays, a portable planetarium, and hamburgers and hot dogs. HAARP souvenirs will be available for sale to help fund the cost of the open house. The event is free and open to the public, and no reservations are required.

This year we have added a bus from Fairbanks! You can ride in comfort from Fairbanks, see HAARP, and return the same day for less than the cost of gas. Deadline to purchase is August 15: gi.alaska.edu/tickets

For more information about the open house, see the official UAF HAARP Facebook page: www.facebook.com...

www.gi.alaska.edu...

And get transferred from the Air Force to a University.

www.adn.com...
edit on 8/27/2017 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 11:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

Because all SAPs allow public access, and give tours.

OPEN HOUSE

This year's open house at HAARP will be August 19, 2017, at 11.3 mile Tok Cutoff highway, Gakona, Alaska. The facility will be open from 9 a.m. until 3 p.m. with tours, displays, a portable planetarium, and hamburgers and hot dogs. HAARP souvenirs will be available for sale to help fund the cost of the open house. The event is free and open to the public, and no reservations are required.

This year we have added a bus from Fairbanks! You can ride in comfort from Fairbanks, see HAARP, and return the same day for less than the cost of gas. Deadline to purchase is August 15: gi.alaska.edu/tickets

For more information about the open house, see the official UAF HAARP Facebook page: www.facebook.com...

www.gi.alaska.edu...

And get transferred from the Air Force to a University.

www.adn.com...

A public tour made especially for the public doesn't mean in any way that every portion of HAARP is being revealed if there is a secret side to it. As I said before, no one would know, that isn't already read into it. My comment still stands.

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Yeah, you're right. The government can do anything and might or might not have a super secret SAP that might or might not control the weather. So sorry for trying to dispute that HAARP can do that. I forgot that it can do pretty much anything.

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 11:22 PM
link   

If it's weather warfare, then that means the US attacked China first, they had a Typhoon about a week ago.

edit on 27-8-2017 by imitator because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 11:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Tardacus

Yes it is.

All of it is treacherous for the many who do not have a pot to p*** in. And they know it.

But I wonder what happens when it plays against them? I don't know if he let it 'slip' ... I sometimes wonder if things are well out there just to test how much people are paying attention.

Good catch.

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 11:51 PM
link   

I think you`re right about that,not so much a slip but an in your face "we`re #ing you and you can`t do anything about it"

I remember very clearly a few months ago the msm was telling us how there are thousands of oil tankers anchored offshore because there is an oil glut and it will take 6 months or more for the refineries to allow all of them to offload,and then a week later the msm was saying there is an oil shortage that`s why prices went up.

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 12:22 AM
link   
I don't think it's a weapon. Not sure how you could produce a hurricane unless there's some invisible long probe that's in space that can poke it and give it a stir and swirl the clouds around. I sometimes wonder if crop circles aren't created this way. Somewhere in a NASA lab some guy is having a laugh on his monitor projecting lasers onto the earth , like a Spirograph (remember those toys?) lol They are just too perfect and look artificially generated.

The Atlantic or gulf tropical storms tend to originate off the coast of Africa. They do crazy things and are predicted to get worse over the next few years.

This one is doing some rare thing, I forget what it's called , where it's actually feeding off its own rainfall. Not moving very fast either so it's spinning motion is gonna have it back over the gulf and refuelling for more intense rainfall.

Anyways it's not looking good for Houston all the way into the end of the week, they say.
edit on 28-8-2017 by violet because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-8-2017 by violet because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 12:27 AM
link   
There was and still is a large powerful High Front directly in the path of Harvey. That is the reason that it is not moving and may well turn around.
Why ? a hurricane is driven by a low pressure system.
No conspiracy here
Natural occurrence

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 01:09 AM
link   
Well, I spent quite a while reading the NOAA site regarding Hurricanes in History, starting in 1900.

Every major hurricane listed, even the ones that went loop-de-loop, kept moving. The few that stalled did so for perhaps a day and a half.

Some dropped incredible amounts of rain in a short period of time.

But none listed sat and spun for the length of time that Harvey is currently doing. Of course, the list I read only went back 117 years, but what I took away from my study of these is that Harvey's behavior is extremely unusual. Perhaps this was a perfect set-up for a hurricane to sit and spin, only slowly moving eastward.

The winds just to the north are crankin' along all the way here into north Georgia and the Carolinas at a fast clip, yet there Harvey sits.

I think it is reasonable to question this one. Had it behaved normally, it would have done its thing and moved on east or northeast by now.

Here is the page I studied. It's interesting if only to remind those of us who are older about these other hurricanes, where they originated, and where they finally dissipated. The list is NOT exhaustive.

www.nhc.noaa.gov...

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 02:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: RazorV66

I might be on board with that story, if the first hurricane to ever hit was back in the 60s.
But since they have been around at least since recorded time, I would say nobody invented them as weapons.

Just because they exist naturally doesn't omit the possibility of creating them artificially, in fact -- most artificial creations are mirrored from natural occurrences.

In other words, that line of reasoning is bunk. Now I'm not saying it was a weapon, but I'm saying the fact that hurricanes existed prior, doesn't exclude them from also being harnessed as a weapon.

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 03:27 AM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join