It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Hurricane Harvey weather warfare?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 03:27 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 03:30 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 04:22 AM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

Tornadoes can double back and strike the same area again.
www.spc.noaa.gov...

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 04:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults
Recently upon coming across the news that Harvey is going to double back over parts of Texas including Houston I came to the realization that this may be potentially weather warfare.

Harvey may spin offshore

If this was weather warfare who would it be coming from?

China create rainwater every year

It does that by “cloud-seeding,” the colloquial term for rocket-launching chemicals into clouds, accelerating the creation of ice crystals that eventually become rain (China uses military aircraft too). This meteorological enema isn’t just handy for combating the country’s increasingly severe droughts and, supposedly, preventing hail. Local governments use “weather modification” to clear away lingering billows of air pollution.

Russia spends millions on cloud seeding

Russia spends millions on 'cloud seeding' technology to ensure it doesn't rain on May Day public holiday

Operation Popeye

Operation Popeye (Project Controlled Weather Popeye / Motorpool / Intermediary-Compatriot) was a highly classified weather modification program in Southeast Asia during 1967–1972. The cloud seeding operation during the Vietnam War ran from March 20, 1967 until July 5, 1972 in an attempt to extend the monsoon season, specifically over areas of the Ho Chi Minh Trail. The operation was used to induce rain and extend the East Asian Monsoon season in support of U.S. government efforts related to the War in Southeast Asia.

Considering this technology has been around for a long time how possible is it that you think a country has weaponized this against the US??

What does everyone think is this an attack or an organic situation?

Its natural behaviour for hurricanes (which we call Cyclones in the Southern Hemisphere). They bounce about all over the place. The big difference is that in Australia they usually go the wrong way--- because much of our Top End relies on the rainfall that comes with cyclones. Cloud seeding remains a rather disappointing technology.

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 05:19 AM
link   
interesting how whenever there is some big weather event in the US we always get at least one thread about how its some kind of attack, weather manipulation etc etc.

But the rest of the worlds weather isn't......

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 05:57 AM
link   

Is anyone at war with Texas right now?

Nope funny as it seems even Mexico hasn't declared war on Texas.

Yet.

No I doubt anyone can create a hurricane. Cloud seeding isn't even a guarantee it will rain.

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 06:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Years back I watched hurricanes Dennis as he slowly passed south east Virginia hang out off shore for a while then do a 360 and come at us again after we'd already decided we were safe. On landfall he spun out a few microburst tornadoes one that only took a roof off a garage and another that hit the side of a townhouse complex and tore off a balcony.
So yeah these storms can behave in bizarre manners. Ones I thought would peter out grow and ones I thought would be very bad have suddenly lost a lot of strength just before making landfall.
Floyd back in I think 99 was a cat 4 and building as it approached. The rain started two days before the storm finally made landfall as a cat 2. We had nineteen inches of rain and it took us three days to pump out the basement. Luckily we didn't loose power. Floyd turned out to be more rain than wind.
A few years later Isobel took out the power from half of north Carolina all the way through Maryland. Not a light for three states. That night I saw the milky way from my street and I live in a city.
This region is more prone to flooding. Norfolk is notorious for flooding midtown.
As we say here in the coastal region ... if you want to live on the water you have to expect to sometimes live in the water. It's part of life most folks have flood insurance around here.
edit on 8282017 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 06:22 AM
link   
A hurricane prone area is dealing with a hurricane in hurricane season.

There are multiple reports of storms doubling back over history.

So the planet is doing what it has done since the dawn of time and some posters think it's warfare.

I dont even...

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 06:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Hawaii is lovely. I'd go back too .
I was there when I was a teenager in the seventies.
Very romantic.

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 06:25 AM
link   
a reply to: anotherside

Why would anyone? That project never had anything to do with weather and has been shut down for years now.

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 06:32 AM
link   
a reply to: FissionSurplus

The steering are two troughs keeping it down south and stalled.
Now we create nice weather ? Because that's really what's at play here.

www.goes.noaa.gov...

This water vapor imagery shows the two troughs holding it in place a big one to the west and a smaller one to the north east. The storm will eventually move northward between the two then to the east.
edit on 8282017 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 06:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Tardacus

The nineties were a very active in the mid Atlantic. It's slowed down in recent t years. I think every fifty or so we have a few years of really bad storms. It's been very quiet for a long time. Isobel was the last to really make an impression.
There have been a few Nor'easters that flooded the region or brought high amounts of snow to our subtropical clime. They behave a lot like hurricanes only they come in winter.

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 10:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults
Recently upon coming across the news that Harvey is going to double back over parts of Texas including Houston I came to the realization that this may be potentially weather warfare.

It is not unheard of for hurricanes to "double back". There have been examples over the decades of this occurring.

Take a look at the hurricane archives dating back more than 150 years; there are several examples.

www.wunderground.com...

For instance, look at the North Atlantic storms for 1934 and see the tracks for Tropical Storm 1 and Hurricane 11 (this was prior to them having names)

edit on 28/8/2017 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 11:09 AM
link   

I watched a yt vid by secureteam10 (yeh yeh I know) a few hours ago, where he shows a satellite vid of what looks like something fired up into the hurricane. Just after this thing is fired the entire area 'grows' more and more thick clouds.

Have a look. Jump forward to about 5.40 in the vid where he shows this.

What do you think?
edit on 28-8-2017 by doobydoll because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Yes. On all accounts. There is a board of about 7-10 men, sitting in their ivory tower and they decide once a week (maybe more) at what price and what BS reason it's going to be set at that price. Course they give us a break because if they didn't people would loose their collective minds (they kind of already have - but it is still controllable. Literally. I see this roller coaster on a daily basis)

When sh** gets tough, I just think about Plato's Cave. Dude discovered tele and its powers long before it was conceived of (maybe...that time stuff and parallel universes can be so fickle) lol

originally posted by: Tardacus
a reply to: themightymissm

I think you`re right about that,not so much a slip but an in your face "we`re #ing you and you can`t do anything about it"

I remember very clearly a few months ago the msm was telling us how there are thousands of oil tankers anchored offshore because there is an oil glut and it will take 6 months or more for the refineries to allow all of them to offload,and then a week later the msm was saying there is an oil shortage that`s why prices went up.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Cloud seeding cause the storm to "double back"?

Allison in 2001 wandered around the state for a week or more.

The weather patterns are much larger then many think and cause these movements.

edit:

It only moved back over a small part of it whole track area, so far. (the Matagorda, Victoria area.
edit on 8/29/2017 by roadgravel because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 07:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: doobydoll

I watched a yt vid by secureteam10 (yeh yeh I know) a few hours ago, where he shows a satellite vid of what looks like something fired up into the hurricane. Just after this thing is fired the entire area 'grows' more and more thick clouds.

Have a look. Jump forward to about 5.40 in the vid where he shows this.

What do you think?

I think that ST10 are known hoaxers and I'm not sure why you put any credence into them

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 09:00 AM
link   

What prompted that realization?

Considering this technology has been around for a long time how possible is it that you think a country has weaponized this against the US??

seeing as there is a ban on weather modification for use in war and cloud seeding doesn't create hurricanes.

Do you have any links to anything that even resembles modifying weather to create a hurricane?

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 10:46 AM
link   
I'm a little skeptical of theories about weaponize weather for war since it can't be controlled in a rational manner and if they have that advanced technology they should be smart enough to want to avoid war. However they pass up one opportunity after another to avoid war and lead us into them based on lies over and over again. and if Climate Change is real and man-made then it is an indication that we can influence the environment.

If so then they would presumably have to research it and it is unlikely they can develop this technology without help so fast or that they would even try.

This is why I came up with my own similar theory, although I can neither confirm or deny "cloud seeding," if it's possible it could be part of the research. I suspect that it might be developed with technology from aliens that made contact after Roswell, as Philip Corso claims. I went into this more in another string, Is Steve Bannon using Propaganda for Climate Change Research Project?

I suspect that the insane political behavior of the Trump administration might be related if there is some truth to it.

This looks like a massive and insane charade!

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 11:27 AM
link   
You may be right.

But for the cause, I think you have to look towards a much higher power.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join