It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hurricane Harvey Livestream

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 03:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: OzManHero
a reply to: badw0lf

This guy is crazy. he should stop filming before he gets killed live on his stream

At one point it looked damn scary, the car wash he was in got blasted by the debris of an office next door, and then his feed cut.

Spent most of the day here (12 hours ahead here, so day time) checking his feed.. it came back up a few times. But absolutely, he has a death wish. man..

I joked at one point that his wife called him. Choose between a death hurricane, or the wife.. he chooses the hurricane !!

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 12:11 PM
link   
a reply to: silo13

I know you also believe in the POWER of Prayer, seems there is a protective force over the Texas panhandle with this storm. Must be very difficult for you with family down there, be sure and update when you can,

edit on pm831pmSat, 26 Aug 2017 12:12:29 -0500 by antar because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 12:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: tigertatzen

originally posted by: antar
a reply to: silo13

Do we have any members you know of in the storms?

I'm in San Antonio and the pressure change is making all the plastic bottles in the recycle bin pop. The wind is crazy...huge cloud banks rolling in. They've limited the amount of water each person can buy at the stores...only four gallons per person. If we lose power here, no one will have enough water to drink. I don't know why they are doing that, but I hope it doesn't get bad.

WOW just wow, as an ATSer I sure hope you had plenty of water back up already and the 4 alotted gallons were an extra prep. Blessing your way, stay the vigilant one dear friend, you are in our Prayers and protective good wishes.

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 12:24 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 12:42 PM
link   
This is a very informative blog over at WeatherUnderground, with embedded links and ongoing updates.
www.wunderground.com...

There is virtually no precedent for such a slow-moving system maintaining at least tropical storm strength along the Texas coast for five days. Whether or not Harvey maintains tropical storm strength will depend in large part on how close its center drifts to the coast. Regardless of its status, Harvey’s slow movement and huge amounts of moisture will lead to enormous rainfall and will likely produce vast areas of flooding.

edit on Sat Aug 26 2017 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 12:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Cauliflower

Corpus Christi also has a boil water advisory....not sure for how long.

Aransas Pass, nearby Port Aransas, and Rockport were hit pretty good as it appears that is where the storm made landfall.

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 12:49 PM
link   
a reply to: antar

In a survival situation, 4 gallons of water can last you a fairly long time if you don't abuse it. We're not talking about what's ideal in this case, we're talking about is it enough to keep you alive?

Here's a decent source on the topic. In dire times, how much you should ideally drink every day to stay healthy isn't practical.

Edit: obviously this is meant to apply to one person. If you've got a family it's obviously considerably less.
edit on 26 8 17 by face23785 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 01:22 PM
link   
a reply to: badw0lf

There was one point when Jeff P. screamed when the car wash was losing its roof, I thought for a moment he was hurt and that might be the end of him. There was fear in his voice.

All of the chasers that were in the eye thatI have seen described it as the worst they have been in. Fortunately none were killed chasing.

12 years is a long time between landfalls of a major storm, thguaand the intensification til the end had to catch many chasers off guard and in more dangerous situation than they were comfortable with.

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 01:26 PM
link   
a reply to: face23785

From past experience with no power for 6 days from Francisin 2004, it was hot and humid after the storm passed and no way to cool the house down. Even at night it was extremely uncomfortable and tough to sleep. My point is I sweat a lot and this needs to taken into consideration with how much water one needs.

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 01:33 PM
link   
a reply to: jrod

For sure there are a lot of factors that work into it. I definitely wouldn't want to have only 4 gallons available if I could have more, the more margin for safety you have the better. But if the question is, if you ration 4 gallons will you be alive after a week or 10 days, for most healthy adults I'd say the answer is yes. It won't be a pleasant experience, and you will probably require medical treatment, but you survived a major natural disaster. Count yourself lucky.
edit on 26 8 17 by face23785 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Im live streaming it oit my window right now. Thankfully Im doing so from central texas. Just heavy rain and some gusty wind so far. It will start to flood soon, as central texas floods easy. I wish the best for those in the crosshairs.

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 03:30 PM
link   
a reply to: DontTreadOnMe

Hurricane Harvey slammed directly into the coastal Texas city Rockport overnight, knocking down trees and signs, bending utility poles in half like toothpicks, and blowing out the windows of police cars. In addition, a hotel wall fell in, the high school suffered major damage, and business and homes suffered "catastrophic damage," Rockport Mayor Charles Wax said.

FEMA spokesperson said they are just beginning to get in to search for survivors, and that it may take years to rebuild the area. They expect more flooding if the system goes back over the gulf.

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 12:31 AM
link   
a reply to: jrod

I felt that too, the fear he expressed when that all came down. I'd have had to change my trousers.

I also do think too, that this is one where they bit off more than they expected. When he was saying "We're in trouble" I was looking at all that destruction and thinking "No way you're getting out of that! No one is coming, and it's getting worse."

And then when he was helping the dude with the semi, he seemed as if nothing had happened. lol..

I'm just waiting for the Jeff memes to come out now. if they have not already. I'm pretty sure many people who don't follow storm chasers, had no idea who he was before that stream. I didn't. But even this morning when I checked a stream, people were still #jeffing...

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Woops!
I just saw this video is not for broadcast without permission.

I'll see if I can go get it.

peace
edit on 5943Sunday201713 by silo13 because: edit out vid

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 01:01 AM
link   
a reply to: face23785

Yes, we were among the few families who did well during the couple weeks in the deep freeze where I live. Nothing really changed other than we went to bed earlier, worked harder and had to crank the radio for our listening enjoyment and information. Water is always a huge deal as soon as the power goes out, even those who dont "like" water are first to "want" water. It takes alot more than 4 gallons per person and pet

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join