It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Catastrophic rainfall predicted for TX, LA, gulf coast region.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Wow, this thing could hang around the Texas coast for almost a week - that is insane!

www.nhc.noaa.gov...

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 09:04 AM
link   
As of 9am, 110mph, 948mb(i suppose they had to adjust the 946mb dropsone).

Full update at 10am cdt. The hurricane hunters will be flying in there almost nonstop til landfall.

I heard that Corpus Cristi just now issued a mandatory evacuation....a little late considering they are already seeing gusts at tropical storm force. Can anyone in the area verify this?

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Hard to forget lingering storms. Allison flooded a good bit of the Houston area. Near 40 inches of rain in five days.

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Corpus Christi International shows wind at 25, gusts to 31.

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 09:15 AM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

Near the beach, and near the water winds are higher. The airport is a bit inland.

NAS Corpus Cristi is showing gusts to 37 mph.

forecast.weather.gov...
edit on 25-8-2017 by jrod because: E

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 09:22 AM
link   
For those in harm's way...

HURRICANE HARVEY: HERE'S HOW TO USE THE INTERNET WHEN YOU DON'T HAVE ACCESS TO THE INTERNET 

Source

Thinking of our friends in Texas.

ETA Residents sending messages to Harvey. Gotta smile.

edit on 25-8-2017 by DancedWithWolves because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 10:02 AM
link   
a reply to: jrod

All seven Texas counties on the coast from Corpus Christi to the western end of Galveston Island have ordered mandatory evacuations of tens of thousands of residents from all low-lying areas. In four of those counties, officials ordered their entire county evacuated and warned those who stayed behind that no one could be guaranteed rescue. Voluntary evacuations have been urged for Corpus Christi itself and for the Bolivar Peninsula, a sand spit near Galveston where many homes were washed away by the storm surge of Hurricane Ike in 2008.

abc news

TXDOT evacuation information

TXDOT traffic cams

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 10:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: DancedWithWolves
For those in harm's way...

HURRICANE HARVEY: HERE'S HOW TO USE THE INTERNET WHEN YOU DON'T HAVE ACCESS TO THE INTERNET 

Source

Thinking of our friends in Texas.

ETA Residents sending messages to Harvey. Gotta smile.

I don't think cardboard is going to cut it!!

Color me a little surprised at the drop in MB from when I went to sleep last night till this AM....

ALMOST 35MB drop in less than 24 hours is pretty strong!!

I still don't think it will get above a 3 like I said yesterday but it may be a strong three instead of a weak three.....

I would move to high ground that's for sure and to all my TX friends be careful and you are in my thoughts!!!!

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 12:46 PM
link   
www.spaghettimodels.com... spaghettimodels.com...

ALL the hurricane info on one site.
be informed
be safe
a reply to: GuidedKill

edit on 25-8-2017 by donlashway because: added harvey link

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 12:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: donlashway
www.spaghettimodels.com... spaghettimodels.com...

ALL the hurricane info on one site.
be informed
be safe
a reply to: GuidedKill

I use that website myself. I'm a little further down the coast from TX but maybe some other members here will appreciate it as well!!

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 12:55 PM
link   
a reply to: donlashway
Good site.

The National Hurricane Center and your local NOAA weather office are the primary source for up to date information:

www.nhc.noaa.gov...
www.weather.gov...

Storm2k has a very active forum right now with great info from professional meteorologists.

www.storm2k.org...

Corpus Cristi is now experiencing tropical storm conditions with gusts of 50+mph being reported at the Naval Air Station.
edit on 25-8-2017 by jrod because: Add

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Texas will STAND STRONG! Come at us Harvey!! Beat our mighty shields with your relentless waves, the Lone Star State shall remain resilient!!!

Thus the clash between the mighty state of Texas and the great beast of mother nature, Hurricane Harvey (CAT3).

Stay Safe all.

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Great links, folks.

I've been watching the squalls come in @ weather underground, I'm not to far from the center of this radar loop.

The wind has picked up and we've had a few good gusts to go along with the few squalls we've already had pass through.

I'm actually at work for now and had to run a few errands. Grocery store parking lots are full and gas stations have lines or bags over pumps. Will be heading home soon and hunkering down for the duration most likely.

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 02:05 PM
link   
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

It's now a Cat 3 storm so be safe!!! (943 mb and 120mph winds)

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Everyone who is stuck riding this out, stay safe!

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 02:25 PM
link   
TWC shows a car submerged in water at Port Aransas. Are there people trapped in there or were they rescued?

Update: Police are pulling up to the car but there is no one in it. Hopefully, they escaped unharmed. The headlights are still on. This is right over the JFK bridge.
edit on 25-8-2017 by texasgirl because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 02:32 PM
link   
It's been raining here for a couple of hours. Not too heavy but steady.

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 02:45 PM
link   
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

I hope you're home now, Jaded. There is a tornado warning for Texas City. Isn't that your area?

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 02:58 PM
link   
a reply to: texasgirl

Not far from me, the Tornado warning came through mostly on Galveston and closer coastal areas; Texas City included. I didn't get one to my phone so I guess I'm far enough inland for it not to be a concern.

I'm gonna be heading home after this current squall line passes.

The TranStar cameras can see the water to the side of the Causeway, and it's not over the train trestle, but it is getting a bit higher.

I've seen facebook posts of people on the west end of the island showing the water coming up the access roads, and of course the obligatory surfers out on Seawall.

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 02:59 PM
link   
here is a live view of the Gulf of Mexico from Galveston's 61st Street Fishing Pier (sea looks choppy);

61 pier cam link

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join