It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Catastrophic rainfall predicted for TX, LA, gulf coast region.

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 06:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cauliflower
a reply to: TXTriker

Its a big storm..
The northernmost of the three bays is Matagordo and the nuclear power plant sticks down in the bay.
Highest winds might miss it by 25 miles but Matagordo looks like it will get the worst storm surge.
I'm not sure what effect the barrier islands will have on storm surge further south but the tide at Matagorda bay will likely pile up and flood at the northern end

The plant is designed to withstand 157 mph winds and it takes a while shut a nuclear power plant down.
I would be more worried about the high tension power lines near the plant.

Why is hell would they not have shut this down from the get go... the debris field alone generated from storms could clog the cooling intakes!!! It's just power people, it's going to go anyway.

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Here is a link to a picture of downtown Houston during Allison - tropical storm with a similar setup and track as Harvey. Over 30" of rain. Hope the link works.

www.facebook.com...

Pierce Avenue is known as the Pierce Elevated. Downtown streets are below it. The Medical Center flooded all the basements. The downtown tunnels flooded.

edit on 8/25/2017 by TXTriker because: extra info

edit on 8/25/2017 by TXTriker because: sp

edit on 8/25/2017 by TXTriker because: sp

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Port A is gonna get slammed... was just there last summer for my buddies bachelor party and they know lots of folks down there, including a crazy (and amazingly awesome) charter fishing captain who are riding this out. I am very worried about them...

Looks like for now my colleagues family dodged a bullet (not sure about flooding to come)

edit on th20178-0500fCDT072017Fri, 25 Aug 2017 19:03:17 -0500 by SonOfThor because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 07:05 PM
link   
I am drying off from a refreshing shower.
She is starting to whip it up.

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Here is a live stream from the weather channel who are in various coastal locations

You tube link
edit on 25-8-2017 by liveandlearn because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 07:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: SonOfThor

Port A is gonna get slammed... was just there last summer for my buddies bachelor party and they know lots of folks down there, including a crazy (and amazingly awesome) charter fishing captain who are riding this out. I am very worried about them...

Looks like for now my colleagues family dodged a bullet (not sure about flooding to come)

Would that charter captain be Capn Ron by chance. He used to be in Freeport but not sure now.

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Recent sky pics, squalls are coming in south of me at present.

And a medium sized limb down, I think it was loose anyway.

Galveton webcams

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 08:05 PM
link   
I gave it 3 rounds of buckshot.
Sumbitch is still coming straight at me.

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 08:12 PM
link   
12 PEOPLE RESCUED BY AIR FROM SHIP IN GULF OF MEXICO

Coast Guard Sector Corpus Christi watchstanders received a call around 3:40 a.m. Friday about a 160-foot vessel taking on water.

Source

ETA
HURRICANE HARVEY STRANDS 4 SHIPS WITH 20,000 PASSENGERS IN THE GULF

GALVESTON, Texas - Four Galveston-bound cruise ships with a combined 20,000 passengers on board are forced to remain in the Gulf of Mexico as they await Harvey's passage.

Source[ed itby]edit on 25-8-2017 by DancedWithWolves because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Ooops
edit on 25-8-2017 by DancedWithWolves because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Just said possible gusts to 150-155 in Rockwell and ??? Lavaca or Aransas

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 09:09 PM
link   
a reply to: liveandlearn

Hate even sharing this one.

- Rockport, Texas, officials are advising residents who refuse to evacuate to write their names and Social Security number on a forearm, Mayor Pro Tem Patrick Rios told CNN. Rios said it will "help out first responders should they find a body."

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Port Lavaca probably

edit:

Rockport

edit on 8/25/2017 by roadgravel because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 09:34 PM
link   
We here ridin' the storm out.

It is start to rock and roll pretty good.

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 09:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: DancedWithWolves

- Rockport, Texas, officials are advising residents who refuse to evacuate to write their names and Social Security number on a forearm, Mayor Pro Tem Patrick Rios told CNN. Rios said it will "help out first responders should they find a body."

I heard them say that on FOX.

That's grim, but if you were told to go and you didn't and there is no help able to come for you ...

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 10:09 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Stay safe people.

We just had a T10 typhoon, wild. Super Typhoon.

First T10 in 5 years. Check out how Macau fared. Whole island lost power, 3 dead. Tropical Cyclone Hato.

Oh joy, we are gearing up for a severe tropical storm tomorrow. Standby T1 signal has been hoisted.

This one is Tropical Storm Pakhar. Macau will get hit again.

Link to a bunch of YT vids if interested.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 10:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: DancedWithWolves

I heard them say that on FOX.

That's grim, but if you were told to go and you didn't and there is no help able to come for you ...

This storm will be unlike any Hurricane the U.S. has seen in modern times. People who stayed in the area will feel like they're in that Noah's Ark movie. The water will just keep rising and rising. Like being in a pot where the heat is gradually being turned up, until....

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 10:31 PM
link   
a reply to: DancedWithWolves

I saw that. Chilling. Maybe it will give some a clue for next time. Just want to be able to identify those they 'recovered'.

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Reports of building collapses in Rockport. People trapped. I hope most evacuated from that whole area. An ATS member posted earlier that they evacuated. Stay safe everyone.

new topics

top topics

active topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join