It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ESPN pulls Asian Man named Robert Lee From UVA broadcast.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 11:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: JDeLattre89
Does that mean he can't announce any more at all? Or how about just Ole Miss and UNLV games?

He was not fired. Apparently he will do a Pitt-Youngstopwn game that week.

As a Pitt fan, I have to ask why do we get the racist.

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 11:02 PM
link   
SJW Progressivism is a mental disease. Unfortunately we are still in the early stages, this disease is going to get much worse before it gets better, if it doesn't kill the patient (USA) first.

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 11:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

originally posted by: JDeLattre89
Does that mean he can't announce any more at all? Or how about just Ole Miss and UNLV games?

He was not fired. Apparently he will do a Pitt-Youngstopwn game that week.

As a Pitt fan, I have to ask why do we get the racist.

Just LOL.... That is what it has come too.. The guy should not be allowed to work again until he changes his name.

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 11:08 PM
link   
C'mon, ATS Lefties...Do you think ESPN's move was a great idea?
Does it make sense to you?

link   

originally posted by: MichiganSwampBuck

originally posted by: iWontGiveUP
a reply to: xuenchen

Disney owns ESPN and Abc News

I wonder why we don't see the Disney movie "Songs of the South" anymore? It was good old entertainment back in 1946. I guess that Brer Rabbit and his Tar Baby is just too hard to admit to now-a-days.

Of course they has gone the way of the likes of Al Jolson "The World's Greatest Entertainer" and Lil Black Sambo (remember Sambo's restaurant? Ours became a Denny's). Bugs Bunny had some questionable moments as did Betty Boop, Felix the Cat and many others. I bet very few here remember any of them Nazis.

No wonder Beaner's Coffee shop became Big "B" Coffee. When is the Zionist Big Boy statues going to get pulled down? What about Colonel Sanders? He's a southern capitalist pig selling soul food! What about Ronald McDonald? I guess that Scots are a bunch of silly clowns anyway. Can't forget Burger King, he's a white monarch, and a really creepy one too.

"Zippy do-dah" folks.

I had to star it, for the references.

link   
Sweeet Jeebus!
They've gone off their wokkers.

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Apparently, even being Asian doesn’t mean people won’t take you for being a white nationalist.

According to the popular college-football blog Outkick the Coverage, ESPN pulled an Asian announcer from calling a University of Virginia football game. The announcer’s name is Robert Lee.

“Did I mention that Robert Lee is Asian?” blogger Clay Travis asked rhetorically in a post that poured scorn over the popular sports network for political correctness, calling it “MSESPN.”

Citing “multiple Outkick fans inside ESPN,” Mr. Travis said Mr. Lee was pulled from the Cavaliers Sept. 2 game in Charlottesville against William and Mary “because they were concerned that having an ASIAN FOOTBALL ANNOUNCER NAMED ROBERT LEE would be offensive to some viewers.”

www.washingtontimes.com...

This is not a hoax.

ESPN is insane.

So an Asian man that happens to have the name Robert Lee can not work a UVA game because ESPN thinks his NAME will trigger people.

The world has gone nuts.

Dont forget that ESPN is owned by Disney. That should say enough.

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 11:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

Sources tell me that ESPN has replaced him with a more PC announcer. . . .

Mohammed Wang.

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 11:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Mohammed Wang.

I hear he's very good.

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Jeezus H..wtf
See ya ESPN, you shoulda just stayed with sports.

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 11:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

Mohammed Wang.

I hear he's very good.

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Mohammed Wang...

Sources tell me to expect a tweet from Trump any minute now, sternly denouncing Robert Lee and what he stands for...

If not, he's a bloody racist for sure.

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Did you know that ESPN was formed by descendants of SLAVE owners? That's horrible!

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 05:09 AM
link   

Quit watching ESPN a while back, nothing of real interest. Would want a score of a game and a half hour latter you might get it. Quicker to go online. They have been getting more and more political and to opinionated as time goes by. I watch sports to get away for awhile and it is starting to get dumber and dumber. NFL will be next for me if they don't get it together.

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 08:02 AM
link   
a reply to: TobyFlenderson

I am with you there. I have abstained from drink for a long time because of what I saw it do to other people in my family, but at this point, I am thinking a drunken haze might make things easier to handle in all of this garbage. Maybe I can find something that totally makes me not care about anything and then die....wait, I can get opioids from the Dr still, right? Perhaps that is the reason behind the unbeatable pharmaceutical addiction craze!

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 08:09 AM
link   

ESPN has lost touch with who their actual audience is.

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 08:52 AM
link   
I'm going to buck the trend here.

This is a good move, this man was obviously a threat to ESPN and likely to offend a large portion of their viewers. I'm guessing there is more to this story than just the mans name, what type of haircut did he have?

I also hope that this doesn't get pushed under the rug, I want the full round of SJW doxxing. Post his personal info, address, license plate, magazine subscriptions and his suit size all over the net.

Let's get this NAZI!!!!!!!

Good job ESPN, root them out, they have infiltrated us and are growing stronger every day.

"No KKK, No fascist USA!!!!!!"

It's time we hunt these people down based on their beliefs, separate them from society and punish them!!!!

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 09:19 AM
link   
ESPN pulls Asian Man named Robert Lee From UVA broadcast.

Does this mean they're gonan ban Bruce Lee, and Jet Li ?

Never go full retard.

Too late Espn already did.

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 09:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Whoa that going too far.

Time for you to hit the showers...

I cant, the doors only open outwards.

Settle down, you two!

edit on 23-8-2017 by tjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 06:25 PM
link   

I have long suspected that someone had to be a bit fanatical to be a sports fan (hence the label), and this proves it! An Asian guy names Robert Lee is now offensive?? Or, gee, might be offensive, so he wasn't allowed to speak?!?!?

Welcome to 1984.

Was loving that other thread, btw, that was closed. Amazing, and more than a bit disturbing, that certain people can still post here, considering what was posted!! Wow.....

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join