It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ESPN pulls Asian Man named Robert Lee From UVA broadcast.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 06:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
ESPN pulls Asian Man named Robert Lee From UVA broadcast.

Does this mean they're gonan ban Bruce Lee, and Jet Li ?

Never go full retard.

Too late Espn already did.

Does this mean they're gonan ban Bruce Lee,

Maybe. Bruce Lee has the same first name as Bruce Jenner, who we are not allowed to speak about anymore because he/she prefers to be called Caitlyn, so Bruce Lee has a double whammy against him because by using the name 'Bruce', he is obviously defying Caitlyn's desire to be called by her new feminine name, so Bruce Lee is obviously anti transgender and on top of that he is a supporter of the Confederacy or he would not have the name Lee to begin with.

So, what did I just say? #1 - I have no earthly idea...or, #2 - Bruce Lee is anti transgender AND racist AND all his movies should be burned!

See...I can act all lefty-loonie, too!!

edit on 23-8-2017 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 06:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords
Seriously, fellow ATSers, I'm not being facetious when I say there is some kind of mass psychosis going on with the left.

Perhaps some version of this:

Mass psychogenic illness (MPI), also called mass sociogenic illness or just sociogenic illness,[1] is "the rapid spread of illness signs and symptoms affecting members of a cohesive group, originating from a nervous system disturbance involving excitation, loss, or alteration of function, whereby physical complaints that are exhibited unconsciously have no corresponding organic" cause.[2] MPI is distinct from other collective delusions, also included under the blanket terms of mass hysteria, in that MPI causes symptoms of disease, though there is no organic cause.

There is a clear preponderance of female victims.[1] The DSM-IV-TR does not have specific diagnosis for this condition but the text describing conversion disorder states that "In 'epidemic hysteria', shared symptoms develop in a circumscribed group of people following 'exposure' to a common precipitant."

This decision regarding Robert Lee is very worrisome in that it is truly mass craziness. I am actually serious when I say it may be time for the CDC to look into this.

Perhaps not a bad idea, but I suspect this is more of a spiritual nature than of a physical one. Sign of the times, I believe. It's going to get a lot worse, if I am correct.

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 06:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: liveandlearn
a reply to: Grambler

This is probably the most bizarre decision I have seen since all this started. Some people may actually change their name to prevent offending someone.

That's the equivalent of dying one's hair to avoid rape, right?

The whole world has gone mad!!

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Well, I hope Robert Lee sues ESPN for being racists... An Asian man can't have the name Robert Lee?...WTF... The leftwingers in ESPN are as hopeless as the leftwingers in BLM, and AntiFa...

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Get this.. ESPN was AUCTIONING off Black players! How insensitive is that!?!?

However, ESPN2's approach to auctioning players as part of its Fantasy Sports Marathon on Monday night drew criticism from some on social media, who said it resembled a slave auction.

The footage of an auctioneer "selling" New York Giants receiver Odell Beckham Jr. led to some on Twitter to voice their outrage. 
Source - www.usatoday.com...

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 08:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

This is not a hoax.

ESPN is insane.

So an Asian man that happens to have the name Robert Lee can not work a UVA game because ESPN thinks his NAME will trigger people.

The world has gone nuts.

Well, imagine if a black man with the name "Adolf Hitler" became a news anchor on a major network like CNN.

Wouldn't that upset the Neo-Nazi's and White Supremacists who idolize Hitler?

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 08:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: ElectricUniverse

Well, I hope Robert Lee sues ESPN for being racists... An Asian man can't have the name Robert Lee?...WTF... The leftwingers in ESPN are as hopeless as the leftwingers in BLM, and AntiFa...

I would think there should be a lawsuit involved.

That is discriminating against someone on the basis of that person's name now.

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 03:20 AM
link   
"ESPN pulls Asian Man named Robert Lee From UVA broadcast," hmmm.

Well I can tell you one thing, I don't think they are gonna enjoy tonight's 10 o'clock news with Geoff Davis and Aydolf Hittler

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 03:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
C'mon, ATS Lefties...Do you think ESPN's move was a great idea?
Does it make sense to you?

Do you want us to hold your hand and tell you that this is a bad idea?

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 07:07 AM
link   
Lol @ liberal paranoia. "Oh no, his name might offend a bunch of idiots."

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 07:29 AM
link   
Wow, there's a LOT of racists in Houston voting for Sheila Jackson Lee...

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Just look at the undefeated articles on ESPN. No comments and is the most divisive race bait articles ever.

ESPN is far left and has been for quite a long time. CNN of sports

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Well you know, this actually makes perfect sense to me.

With people being offended and hurt over street names or names on buildings or inanimate objects -- it makes perfect sense that someone's name will remind them of Something Bad (tm).

Since we are now starting to censor everything that may offend people, it's logical that names are in the list. First it will be anyone high profile in media...then it will go down the chain.

Goodbye Real World...Hello World of Demolition Man...

Moral Statute Machine: John Spartan, you are fined five credits for repeated violations of the verbal morality statute.

Support Booth: You are an incredibly sensitive man, who inspires joy-joy feelings in all those around you.

Lenina Huxley: Ah, smoking is not good for you, and it's been deemed that anything not good for you is bad; hence, illegal. Alcohol, caffeine, contact sports, meat...
Lenina Huxley: Bad language, chocolate, gasoline, uneducational toys and anything spicy. Abortion is also illegal, but then again so is pregnancy if you don't have a licence.

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Look at all of you getting out the pitchforks and saying Lee should sue ESPN without even knowing the full story.

News Flash, it was Robert Lee's decision to switch games.

Among our Charlotte production staff there was a question as to whether—in these divisive times—Robert’s assignment might create a distraction, or even worse, expose him to social hectoring and trolling. Since Robert was their primary concern, they consulted with him directly. He expressed some personal trepidation about the assignment and, when offered the chance to do the Youngstown State/Pitt game instead, opted for that game—in part because he lives in Albany and would be able to get home to his family on Saturday evening.

Talk about snowflakes...

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 10:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: kruphix
Look at all of you getting out the pitchforks and saying Lee should sue ESPN without even knowing the full story.

News Flash, it was Robert Lee's decision to switch games.

Among our Charlotte production staff there was a question as to whether—in these divisive times—Robert’s assignment might create a distraction, or even worse, expose him to social hectoring and trolling. Since Robert was their primary concern, they consulted with him directly. He expressed some personal trepidation about the assignment and, when offered the chance to do the Youngstown State/Pitt game instead, opted for that game—in part because he lives in Albany and would be able to get home to his family on Saturday evening.

Talk about snowflakes...

Typically, when your employer "recommends or requests" you do something it is taken as a command or veiled threat. At least, when the word "wish" or "hope"' you do X is used. That is now how it works since Comey's testimony, right?

Why is this any different?

Oh yeah, it doesn't contradict the left's narrative.

Got it....

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Yes...because Americans are so stupid that they might believe that Gen. Robert E. Lee still lives and works as a sports announcer for ESPN. Damn...ESPN shouldn't be hiring former Confederate Generals!!

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 11:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

originally posted by: JDeLattre89
Does that mean he can't announce any more at all? Or how about just Ole Miss and UNLV games?

He was not fired. Apparently he will do a Pitt-Youngstopwn game that week.

As a Pitt fan, I have to ask why do we get the racist.

Long suffering Pitt fan here as well!!

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 12:10 PM
link   

In an increasingly polarized America, the sports giant ESPN has pulled off a highly improbable feat: simultaneously angering both conservatives and progressives—albeit for different reasons.

quartz.com - In an effort to avoid liberal outrage, ESPN has managed to piss off everybody.

That was my favorite headline on the matter!

They go on to explain that the decision to switch games was offered to Mr. Lee to prevent "memes and jokes and who knows what else" (same source). There is a letter from ESPN's prez. saying the information was leaked to embarrass ESPN. I don't know, I don't care. I think it points out how insensitive PC is at it's roots. I have always said, "PC is neither political or correct". That was back when a radio evangelist was claiming, "I am a black man. From America. I have nothing to do with Africa at all... so stop calling me, 'African-American'!!"

That was back in the late 90s or early 2000s. Oh what strides we've made!

--One American-American-Mixed DNA-American's view

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 12:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: loam
a reply to: liveandlearn

Has anyone looked to see how many Robert Lees there are in the US?

Guess none of them can work now.
We have a High School here, up the street, called "Robert E. Lee H.S." 🤔🤔🤔

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 12:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Arnie123

originally posted by: loam
a reply to: liveandlearn

Has anyone looked to see how many Robert Lees there are in the US?

Guess none of them can work now.
We have a High School here, up the street, called "Robert E. Lee H.S." 🤔🤔🤔

Perhaps to calm any potential protesters, they should rededicate that school to the Robert Lee that works at ESPN. Just remove the "E" from the building.

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join