It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ESPN pulls Asian Man named Robert Lee From UVA broadcast.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 08:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
Really. This is just Lunacy.
Please...someone from the Left...just admit this is getting ridiculous.

They appear to have too much invested to pull out now.
They are all in.
It is a shame what they are trying to do us.

US.

You, me and everybody loses when stupidity like this is allowed to run out of control.
Stupidity is running willy-nilly through the streets with no pants on.

link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: Lysergic

So when did everybody start smoking crack?

Oh, wait, you meant metaphorically.

Love your humor, even though you are a crackhead...

link   
a reply to: Grambler

It gets worse.

UVA has a wide receiver named Cole Blackman....and he's white!

He needs to go now.

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Yeah but the chaser isnt valium more like nitrous oxide

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 08:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords
Seriously, fellow ATSers, I'm not being facetious when I say there is some kind of mass psychosis going on with the left.

Perhaps some version of this:

Mass psychogenic illness (MPI), also called mass sociogenic illness or just sociogenic illness,[1] is "the rapid spread of illness signs and symptoms affecting members of a cohesive group, originating from a nervous system disturbance involving excitation, loss, or alteration of function, whereby physical complaints that are exhibited unconsciously have no corresponding organic" cause.[2] MPI is distinct from other collective delusions, also included under the blanket terms of mass hysteria, in that MPI causes symptoms of disease, though there is no organic cause.

There is a clear preponderance of female victims.[1] The DSM-IV-TR does not have specific diagnosis for this condition but the text describing conversion disorder states that "In 'epidemic hysteria', shared symptoms develop in a circumscribed group of people following 'exposure' to a common precipitant."

This decision regarding Robert Lee is very worrisome in that it is truly mass craziness. I am actually serious when I say it may be time for the CDC to look into this.

But lets be honest, I havent seen people on the left on here saying this was a good idea.

But the fact that the people with cultural power like ESPN do this is troubling.

I think this is more about trying to intentionally control a narrative and virtue signalling than some form of psychosis.

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 08:51 PM
link   

It gets worse.

He needs to go now.

I just feel sorry for UVA's water boy, Adolf Eichmann.

edit on 22-8-2017 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Poor Lucky Whitehead.
It all makes sense now.

-Lucky Whitehead is a NFL WR who was falsely accused of larceny in the state of Virginia. He was released by the Dallas Cowboys after the accusation. It was a case of mistaken identity.-
edit on 2017-08-22T20:57:56-05:002201722America/Chicago8 by c2oden because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 08:53 PM
link   

This is probably the most bizarre decision I have seen since all this started. Some people may actually change their name to prevent offending someone.

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Fear drove this decision. Fear of being labeled Nazi sympathizers, and loss of ad revenue as a result.

Guaranteed. Follow the $$$$$$. To me, that is the ONLY warped logic that makes it even remotely possible that someone running a broadcast network would make this type of decision and publicly make a statement like that.

ESPN is openly calling ESPN fans complete triggered morons.

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 08:54 PM
link   

No. Sometimes bat # crazy is just bat # crazy.

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 08:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

Seriously, fellow ATSers, I'm not being facetious when I say there is some kind of mass psychosis going on with the left.

Perhaps some version of this:

Mass psychogenic illness (MPI), also called mass sociogenic illness or just sociogenic illness,[1] is "the rapid spread of illness signs and symptoms affecting members of a cohesive group, originating from a nervous system disturbance involving excitation, loss, or alteration of function, whereby physical complaints that are exhibited unconsciously have no corresponding organic" cause.[2] MPI is distinct from other collective delusions, also included under the blanket terms of mass hysteria, in that MPI causes symptoms of disease, though there is no organic cause.

There is a clear preponderance of female victims.[1] The DSM-IV-TR does not have specific diagnosis for this condition but the text describing conversion disorder states that "In 'epidemic hysteria', shared symptoms develop in a circumscribed group of people following 'exposure' to a common precipitant."

This decision regarding Robert Lee is very worrisome in that it is truly mass craziness. I am actually serious when I say it may be time for the CDC to look into this.

But lets be honest, I havent seen people on the left on here saying this was a good idea.

But the fact that the people with cultural power like ESPN do this is troubling.

I think this is more about trying to intentionally control a narrative and virtue signalling than some form of psychosis.

The usual suspects have not arrived in this thread yet.
When they do, I can guarantee you that one or more will think this is a good idea.
They will say that people should not have to be subjected to someone named "Robert Lee" telling them about football, that it is offensive.
Can you imagine how this hapless football commentator Robert Lee must feel? All because of his name?
He might start getting death threats because of it.

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 08:56 PM
link   

I have to disagree. The pundits on MSM get almost hysterical. I have seen the women cry, Schumer cry, pundits get maniacal. I have heard them twist President Trump's words into a convoluted pretzel, and the left literally has to do contortions to make his words say what they insist he said.

It's almost sad to watch. Then it becomes scary.

I truly think the CDC needs to intervene. This group decision to remove Robert Lee because of his NAME (think how crazy that is!) is proof that "there is truly something in the water".

ETA: Mass psychogenic illness -- for real.

edit on 22-8-2017 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

link   

It gets worse.

He needs to go now.

This will be the most contentious game since UVA played Maryland a few years ago and UVA quarterback Bill "Maddog" Antifa led the Cavaliers to victory over the Terps rushing attack of David "The Duke" Spencer.

link   
a reply to: liveandlearn

Has anyone looked to see how many Robert Lees there are in the US?

Guess none of them can work now.

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Why? He had a very good solution to their thirst issues.

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 08:58 PM
link   
I guess it's a good thing the name "Tecumseh" isn't in common use these days huh?

edit on 8/22/2017 by Krakatoa because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: Grambler
This will be the most contentious game since UVA played Maryland a few years ago and UVA quarterback Bill "Maddog" Antifa led the Cavaliers to victory over the Terps rushing attack of David "The Duke" Spencer.

I remember that game!

It ended in sudden death.......of common sense.

link   

I have to disagree. The pundits on MSM get almost hysterical. I have seen the women cry, Schumer cry, pundits get maniacal. I have heard them twist President Trump's words into a convoluted pretzel, and the left literally has to do contortions to make his words say what they insist he said.

It's almost sad to watch. Then it becomes scary.

I truly think the CDC needs to intervene. This group decision to remove Robert Lee because of his NAME (think how crazy that is!) is proof that "there is truly something in the water".

eh you could be right. There is definitely a rage against Trump and a disdain for his supporters the borders on fanatical from ESPN and many in the MSM.

Regardless of motive, this is insane.

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 08:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: loam
a reply to: liveandlearn

Has anyone looked to see how many Robert Lees there are in the US?

Guess none of them can work now.

That'll be one helluva class-action lawsuit.

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Why? He had a very good solution to their thirst issues.

Whoa that is going too far.

Time for you to hit the showers...
edit on 22-8-2017 by Grambler because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join