It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Durham NC protest/Rally live stream

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 07:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence
a reply to: Grambler

From what I saw, many of the chants were insults and threats to cops, and calls to destroy property like a prison.

Are words actions?

No.

But that wasn't the argument the other night.

It was no good person would have been around white nationalist, regardless of violence.

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 07:34 PM
link   
No words aren't actions....but trust this, one of those folks are gonna latch hold to some of them words being thrown around and TURN THEM into actions......guaranteed.a reply to: Liquesence

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 07:45 PM
link   

How many are in the group? I stopped watching because the guy was stupid and uninteresting and it didn't look like anything else was going down.

If it was the handful from before, I don't think it would be reasonable to paint hundreds of other people with they're BS. I'm also going to guess that they're just posturing for the Internet.

Are you going to argue that a group of say... 95% peaceful protesters and 5% hooligans is the same as one that is 95% hooligans and 5% peaceful protesters?

I can understand the need to push aside distinctions, as in you or I saying that everyone should denounce political violence but don't you think that context matters? In the context of a horde of armed neo-Nazis invading a town and one of their numbers killing a person and wounding many others, some critically — if you're the President — it's an effing gimmie. It's a no brainer. Particularly for a president who never addressing the public with nuanced comments on *anything* much less "waits for the facts" as blurted out.

All he had to do was come out like he would about a terrorist attack from Islamic terrorists. I mean, let an Islamic terrorists run over people in SPAIN and he's got an opinion in an hour and he's spreading disinfo about dipping bullet in pig's blood which is what? You tell me why he shared that myth? He did it because of course, it's *pig's blood* and every slackjawed clown on Facebook has made some joke about Muslims an pork. Do you think American Muslims are all, "Yes! The President is so great! You know we Muslims have that pork 'thing,' amirite? Lulz!"

Just unnecessary dog whistling that's potentially, and needlessly offensive to millions of innocent American Muslims.

But Nazis? He couldn't just come out strong against a group of *hundreds* of armed neo-Nazis? He had to choose *that* moment to virtue signal about the "alt-left" — not to mention straight up lie about the events of Friday night?

Why? And why are you still trying to defend it?

And another thing. Since we're going to go down this road again. For MONTHS some of the very same groups have been battling in the streets with Antifa on the West Coast. (actually they've been doing it in one form or another for far far longer)

All we've heard from the right, including the President, is about the Antifa and often, they use Antifa to discredit millions of other perfectly peaceful, everyday Americans who protest. How many threads about "bike-lock guy" alone are there on ATS? How many threads about the people on other side? And when they are referenced at all, the neo-Nazis and their friends are portrayed as innocent "Trump supporters" or "heroes protecting Trump supporters" or some other horses#.

Only now, when it's a horde of (dare I say Trump supporting?) neo-Nazis and one of them kills somebody, does nuance become important? No. That's bogus.

I want you to see something. This is from Berkeley in April. What's the title? "Berkeley Anti Fa gets CHARGED by TRUMP SUPPORTERS!! *NEW*"

Notice that one group is plainly (and enthusiastically) described as "TRUMP SUPPORTERS!!" These groups also often also called "based patriots" or "based Trump supporters" or any combination of that. First notice the setup. "After hours of being harassed by Antifa, the Trump supporters blah blah."

Now watch what happens at 00:25. See that girl get punched in the face? Instant hit with the /pol/ and /The_Donald/ crowd. They actually set about identifying and doxxing her. Then they flood YouTube, Twitter, Facebook, forums, etc with a bunch of cheerleading because that Antifa chick got hit in the face! U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!

Meanwhile, how many people on the right will ever stop to wonder who this man who just sucker punched this woman in the face was?

Turns out, that is Nathan Damigo, the founder of Identity Evropa.

Here he is in Charlottesville:

After Charlottesville, his family disavowed him.

Now notice the 2nd person to his right in the first picture. That's Kyle "Based Stickman" Chapman of the Proud Boys. He's at every one of these events. Because he's a thug and political violence is his entertainment. There are Trump supporters on ATS who have memes made of him as their avatar. He's extremely popular with a certain group of Trump supporters.

The "Battle of Berkeley" were clashes that happened over days where folks like neo-Nazi barbie Brittany Pettibone (who has 92k followers) — an actual Alt-Righter — were invited to speak. Why? To set the stage for these epic street battles.

None of that ever gets mentioned. It's always, "look at the violent leftists!"

Now all of sudden it's a time for nuance? Where's all that been while Trump supporters have not only been smearing the entire Left with anarchists who don't even vote and blabber about Soros but many of them, quite a few of them in these very forums, have been venerating and lionizing the "other side" that is made up of equally violent thugs, a decent percentage of whom are neo-Nazis?

Antifa = OMG THE VIOLENT LEFT IS DESTROYING THE COUNTRY.
neo-Nazis = BOOM! Base patriot Trump supporters SMASH Antifa TRASH!

For months. Months of this. Now the emboldened "base Patriot Trump supporters" take the show on the road to Charlottesville, are met with (as far as I've seen), a very small number of Antifa, one of them MURDERS somebody and injures many more and NOW it's time for "both sides?"

FTS.

The cold hard reality is that when it comes to political violence? Most on the Left, particular those of us who do things like vote, don't support Antifa, much less openly. In fact, we spend a lot of time being beaten over the head with them. On the other side, the equally "bad hombres" (or arguably worse, because f it, if it comes down to it, I'll throw my lot in with anarchists over Nazis any day) are treated as heroes.

Now all of sudden it's both sides are bad. Ugh. Time to order Chinese food and roll one up. Lmao.
edit on 2017-8-18 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 07:49 PM
link   

No.

Then why are you complaining?

But that's the argument tonight.

It was no good person would have been around white nationalist

Any good person shouldn't support white nationalism or neo-nazism, maybe. Their right to speech and assembly, sure. But not to march with them.

edit on 18-8-2017 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 07:56 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

He's a great actor.

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Hmm, did anarchist chick in black participate in the mob that assaulted unabated the Trump supporters?? Then she got her just desserts when they finally defended themselves against the relentless harassing and physical contact as well as chemical attacks.

It do not matter if it was a fake Nazi, a real one, a black panther or even an Iran supporter. If those individuals are demonstrating without committing acts of violence, there is not justification to use violence on them. But everyone and anyone is justified in using force to defend themselves from physical harm regardless of who they associate with.

Nobody likes pedo's right? No way, not a single soul even in hell probably. But if you attack one unprovoked, and he defends himself, he is not in the wrong regardless of his beliefs. ugh, I think I threw up a little writing that .... but its still true.

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 08:20 PM
link   

When I get to a computer I will post a better response.

Some brief points.

That girl was fighting, and got punched. She was not innocent.

Conservtives had been beaten without fighting back over and over before this.

Law enforcement did next to nothing.

So extremist from the right were encouraged.

Where was all of the denounncing of all of the violence by antics type groups by the people in power.

Sure ats discussed it, but what power do we have.

Yes context matters. Just about everyone in the group today was chanting violence against police.

Are you really saying it was 5% of them today?

Now look, I conceded to you that Friday night, that whole Damn torch wielding crowd was disgusting.

I think it was a mistake for trump to say there were too people tere, I just think he also condemned neo Nazis in the same speech.

You take that mean he is dog whistling, I take it mean he is a buffoon (more detail on this in other thrad)

Let's go back to scalise getting shot.

Are you going to tell me your posts on ats were saying only the left is at fault?

Please show me that.

I can post you evidence of me strongly saying he did not represent the overwhelming majority of people on the left.

But now after months of left wing plitcal attacks, and then being vioent Saturday, you say I am not allowed to call out the left too?

That seems unreasonable to me.

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 08:22 PM
link   

No.

Any good person shouldn't support white nationalism or neo-nazism, maybe. Their right to speech and assembly, sure. But not to march with them.

Agreed with you last statement.

And you then must belief that no good person would support the people today and the air vile chants.

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 08:27 PM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

She went in hunting for 'nazi scalps', she had weighted gloves and/or brass knuckles, and she was throwing glass bottles.

I'm struggling for some sympathy but all I can come up with is 'that's what equality looks like, lady!'

pjmedia.com...

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 08:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Teikiatsu

She went in hunting for 'nazi scalps', she had weighted gloves and/or brass knuckles, and she was throwing glass bottles.

I'm struggling for some sympathy but all I can come up with is 'that's what equality looks like, lady!'

pjmedia.com...

Yes, and she was throwing punched when she was hit.

And now she is to be held up as a sympathetic figure?

Why? Because the guy that hit her is a scum bag?

That is the whole problem.

People assume if you are fighting a white natioalist, you are innocent and can do no wrong.

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 08:41 PM
link   

that no good person would support the people today and the air vile chants.

To which people are you specifically referring?

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 08:59 PM
link   

that no good person would support the people today and the air vile chants.

To which people are you specifically referring?

Those in the stream in the op.

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Well, assuming the white supremacists were actually planning to show up, I'd call this a smashing success. A diverse group of people got together for a common cause to fight against hate, had a great time, celebrated, danced, no one got hurt or arrested (I think there was actually one arrest for failure to disperse) and dispersed peacefully.

Quote from police chief Davis:

“The Durham Police Department respects our residents’ right to peacefully assemble and exercise their First Amendment right and we appreciate those who adhered to those values today,” said police chief C.J. Davis.

“I want to thank our DPD officers, the Durham County Sheriff’s deputies, the N.C. Highway Patrol, and multiple other public safety partners who ensured participants and observers remained safe during today’s events.”

www.wral.com...

All in all - a success. Proud of my home town.

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 09:18 PM
link   
a reply to: redtic

Yes what graet people.

Cahnting f the cops and burn down prisons.

But yep, all hate is good if they aren't the kik.

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 09:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

No. They lead to actions. Screaming 'F the Police' and talking about how people in prison should be released. Yelling to the police that they are 'hand in hand with the Klan'? It takes one person to go to far and do something that cannot be taken back.

BTW - Words are actions according to he police. They could charge them all with battery for yelling what they were.

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 09:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler
a reply to: redtic

Yes what graet people.

Cahnting f the cops and burn down prisons.

But yep, all hate is good if they aren't the kik.

Whatever dude. Yes, the black people in Durham and across the country have issues with the police. News alert!

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 09:44 PM
link   

a reply to: introvert

Serious question.

From what I saw, many of the chants were insults and threats to cops, and calls to destroy property like a prison.

Do you think that good people would be around this group?

I see the bait you are trying to set. Nice try.

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 09:46 PM
link   

No.

Agreed with you last statement.

And you then must belief that no good person would support the people today and the air vile chants.

Being around them and supporting them are two different things.

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 09:49 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert
Of course good people are around people like that. Just like this man who is clearly a hero to the values of .. umm... hmmm...

Even this guy was smart enough to get away from that kind of people

edit on 8-18-2017 by worldstarcountry because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 09:50 PM
link   

And this is the problem we face.

Context is lost on many of you.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join