It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chicago Pastor calls for removal of Washington statue

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+15 more 
posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Well, it's happening. The Alt-Left's goal of destroying America continues with the latest attack on our history. Read it and weep, fellow Americans.

Pastor Wants Presidents’ Names Removed From Washington, Jackson Parks Over Ties To Slavery

chicago.cbslocal.com...

Bishop James Dukes, pastor of Liberation Christian Center, said he wants the statue gone, and he wants George Washington’s name removed from the park..

"By George we did it" used to mean something.

I'm so ashamed of you alt-lefties!
edit on 16-8-2017 by Tempter because: Sp

edit on 16-8-2017 by Tempter because: Adding link

+11 more 
posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 12:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Tempter

It's a race to the bottom at terminal velocity. Enjoy the ride.

+12 more 
posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 12:10 PM
link   
All you white people can expect to pay reparations for slavery soon.
If you disagree, you are a Nazi and can be stabbed.

Fun times ahead.

Thank you George Soros.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 12:11 PM
link   

the game is afoot

think the press will apologize for harassing trump yesterday when he asked about this very thing?
i do not

link   

Let me go into confession and tell that pastor to grow a pair.

People need to get over themselves already...

link   
Link?

link   

Not a bad idea, considering, in his day, George was thought less as a military genius and more an idiot who survived by a combination of luck and the kindness of the fates.

link   

originally posted by: Tempter
Well, it's happening. The Alt-Left's goal of destroying America continues with the latest attack on our history. Read it and weep, fellow Americans.

Pastor Wants Presidents’ Names Removed From Washington, Jackson Parks Over Ties To Slavery

Bishop James Dukes, pastor of Liberation Christian Center, said he wants the statue gone, and he wants George Washington’s name removed from the park..

"By George we did it" used to mean something.

I'm so ashamed of you alt-lefties!

And I guarantee you this bojangling con artist pastor (and make no mistake about it, that is what most of these black church pimps are) still votes Democrat. See my thread below... this is why I can't take any of these folks seriously with their selective outrage.

+1 more 
posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 12:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

Didn't I just say in your thread taking down Washington was next?
Go figure.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Chicago Pastor calls for removal of Washington statue

So much for the good book and good preachers, and turning the other cheek.

Pastor FAIL.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 12:16 PM
link   
some pastor in Chicago huh... stop the press...

the diatribe will keep coming... just exhale and let it be.

so now the few neo nazi left don't represent an entire race, but an obscure douchebag pastor trying to capitalize on a crisis for fame and news worthy-ness now represents the "alt-left"
hahaha

BTW, the "alt-right moniker, was bestowed to the alt-right by the alt-right....

+2 more 
posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Just a reminder. Madness like this breeds dangerous ideologies. Stay strong my american brothers and sisters. I just shake my head in disbelief.
edit on 16-8-2017 by Perfectenemy because: gremlins don't deserve statues

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 12:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: DrunkenMimeMaster

Not a bad idea, considering, in his day, George was thought less as a military genius and more an idiot who survived by a combination of luck and the kindness of the fates.

I am sure you think it and you are cute at the moment. I can assure you, you won't be thinking that way when you see the fruits of your misguided views come to fruition.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 12:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

Go figure.

I've been saying this for a while. The logical conclusion of all of this is to erase the Founding.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 12:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: Bluntone22

Go figure.

I've been saying this for a while. The logical conclusion of all of this is to erase the Founding.

So goes flags so goes statues so goes that pesky piece of paper from stopping tyrannical morons.

That is their end game.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Welp, that's gonna be war.

From your link:

A Chicago pastor has asked the Emanuel administration to remove the names of two presidents who owned slaves from parks on the South Side, saying the city should not honor slave owners in black communities.

How in the world is it okay to label something a "black community"? Is segregation a thing still?
edit on 16-8-2017 by Excallibacca because: edited to add content

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 12:22 PM
link   
So where was this guy a week or two ago before all this statue talk was taking place? Sounds to me like he's just jumping on the current bandwagon to get his 15 minutes in.

link   
Anyone who feeds into this, or allows this to happen, is a complete idiot.

What happens after this?

The white house should be painted, cause it's racist?

How about get rid of Xmas?

Or how about the flag itself? I mean America is racist, right?

Some people in power now have an army of idiots to use, you don't think they aren't going to turn them to the next thing?

Society will fall.

What comes after that?

link   

“I am feeling ambivalent that I would have to walk my child, attend a parade or enjoy a game of softball in a park that commemorates the memory of a slave owner,” he wrote. “Therefore, I call on the immediate removal of President George Washington and President Andrew Jackson names from the parks located on the southeast side of Chicago. They should not have the distinct honor of being held as heroes when they actively participated in the slave trade.”

This guy clearly states that it's a bug up his own ass; and his line of thinking is absurdist and would lead to the elimination of nearly every monument in America. While he has a small point about black communities deciding what belongs in black communities. I think drawing the line at monuments of those who fought to defend the institution, especially those that were erected as direct responses to the civil rights movement is more than fair.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 12:23 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

How so? First off, it is true. Washington wasn't that great a general. Further, how is this going to eventually cause me to suffer? genuinely curious.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join