It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chicago Pastor calls for removal of Washington statue

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 12:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Tempter

Wonder when they will rename Washington DC?

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Pastor Wants Presidents’ Names Removed From Washington, Jackson Parks Over Ties To Slavery

Well, America has strong ties to slavery, and what is more American than the Constitution, the Declaration of Independence and the Bill of Rights? And to think they are on display in The National Archives in Washington!

That is institutionalised support of racism right there!

So I call for the removal of the Constitution, the Declaration of Independence and the Bill of Rights, because we should not allow such shameful racism-tied symbols to be on display!

Shame on you, America!

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 12:27 PM
link   
well, thanks to old georgie, it won't be one crowned person to decide. there would have to be a process that has to be taken that will last 45 days where the citizens of the city can give their input...
if the city finds that the majority of that input don't have the same view as the pastor and his buddies, well, then they are gonna have to accept the statues. we live in a democratic society, mobs don't rule!!
and well, if some loons decide to tear it down on their own, throw the book at them!!

my god what are they teaching in civics now days!!!

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 12:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Excallibacca

Is segregation a thing still?

Yeppers.

The hypenated Americanisms.

African American.

Hispanic American.

ETC.

link   
Im all for the removal of Confederate statues

Pre Lincoln presidents though? No, thats too far, and not fair to them.

link   

originally posted by: Tempter
Well, it's happening. The Alt-Left's goal of destroying America continues with the latest attack on our history. Read it and weep, fellow Americans.

Pastor Wants Presidents’ Names Removed From Washington, Jackson Parks Over Ties To Slavery

chicago.cbslocal.com...

Bishop James Dukes, pastor of Liberation Christian Center, said he wants the statue gone, and he wants George Washington’s name removed from the park..

"By George we did it" used to mean something.

I'm so ashamed of you alt-lefties!

Wait, "it's happening" because a crazy pastor sent a letter? And by "you alt-lefties", to whom are you referring?

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 12:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueJacket

Wonder when they will rename Washington DC?

marionberryville???

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Teddy Roosevelt is next.

www.dailywire.com... nt=062316-news&utm_campaign=dwbrand#

These idiots don't know when to quit.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 12:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lucidparadox

What about Lincoln himself?
He was a racist.

link   

originally posted by: pteridine

Teddy Roosevelt is next.

www.dailywire.com... nt=062316-news&utm_campaign=dwbrand#

These idiots don't know when to quit.

well now my kids will want to protest
they loved the night at the museum movies

link   
Hopefully winter will come early and they will all go back to their caves and hide like occupy Wall Street did.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 12:33 PM
link   
a reply to: redtic

I guess that would be me, at least they keep trying to lump me in with them...
they probably wouldn't agree with my answer either if charlottesville is an indication..

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 12:34 PM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody
moroncentral???

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Same people saying it won't happen were the also the ones who said all this would stop at flags too.

Look the academic thought right now is critical race theory which teaches that because a bunch of slave-owning white men wrote the Constitution and created the system under which we all live, it is inherently racist and oppressive to all people of color.

So they will come after the presidents, right on up the food chain to the first, and they will seek to destroy everything about them and the country as racist if they can get away with it.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 12:35 PM
link   

this is one good reason to separate church and state.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 12:37 PM
link   

I hope the brains at the Chicago Park District don't mistakenly remove the HAROLD WASHINGTON statue. He was Chicago's first Black Mayor.

link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
All you white people can expect to pay reparations for slavery soon.
If you disagree, you are a Nazi and can be stabbed.

I fully expect these idiots to bring knives to a gunfight.

link   
Are we trying to erase history and then repeat it only to erect new statues of the people in charge of the repeating of it ?
History repeats itself because the lessons learned from it are forgotten or dismissed because it doesn't align with certain agendas .
Our country is being torn apart from the inside and the rest of the world is supposed to believe that we can help them .? Would you take advice on how to run your home from a homeless person ? Would you take financial advice from someone who is broke and filed for bankruptcy multiple times?
Our government does more for other countries,other people with our tax dollars than they do for us. They spend insane amounts of money on " defence" when we are not defending against anyone , we are always on the offence . our military is a force that has occupied more of the world than any country in history . I don't think defense is the right word, with the power at its disposal the military could take out anyone , but we are supposed to believe that a bunch of clowns in the ME are a direct threat to our home , nope . crazy lil fat guy in NK is a threat , but we have the means to take him out without any major damages , and again that is an offensive move until he actually attacks us or one of our occupied territories.
Nothing will change until people here just relize that we are all just people, we are all Americans,and should stand together as a proud country , not a country of proud violent groups who can't even talk to each other as human beings. It is beyond me why , and I guess now by the looks of things that the government is leading by example,since they can't even sit down and talk as adults .
They are just setting the wrong example for people to follow.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 12:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lucidparadox

No, no.
I can't believe it.

You are supporting rich white Presidents that owned slaves?

You are at extreme risk of being called a Nazi.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 12:40 PM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

BTW, the "alt-right moniker, was bestowed to the alt-right by the alt-right.

Yep,... and the alt left moniker just popped out of trumps head and was immediately picked up by all his parrots

Alt left squawk alt left squawk squawk squawk

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join