It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chicago Pastor calls for removal of Washington statue

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 01:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire
Maybe it has but I have not seen it. But just look at its usage in the last two days. It is off the charts, squawk squawk.
reply to: butcherguy

I did a search of the site.
Thousands of hits, dating back well into last year.
edit on b000000312017-08-16T13:46:26-05:0001America/ChicagoWed, 16 Aug 2017 13:46:26 -0500100000017 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 01:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Tempter

*yawn*

Oh my. Yet another freedom-hating authoritarian leftist wanting to destroy history and censor.

Wake me when the book-burning starts.

+4 more 
posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 01:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74

originally posted by: butcherguy
All you white people can expect to pay reparations for slavery soon.
If you disagree, you are a Nazi and can be stabbed.

Fun times ahead.

Thank you George Soros.

Please read my post carefully.

Stop with the Soros boogey man. It discredits you in discussions and people from your side and people from mine desperately need to be able to talk to each other. I single you out here because you're typically easy to talk to even in disagreement.

This call for removal is wrong in my opinion and won't gain support like for the removal of Confederate monuments. Washington and Jackson were not traitors to America. They were our Founding Fathers, wrong as they were to not think of Africans as whole people.

There is something to be said for reparations as well. The generations of slave owners and their living to this day descendants were able to build massive amounts of wealth off the free labor, while slaves even after being freed were denied all ability to earn wages. This is why so few black families have generational wealth and instead have generational poverty.

That's not to say there isn't white generational poverty or that it's impossible to escape poverty for black people. We need to honor our treaties with the First Nations and we need to figure out a way to pay back the free labor that built this country and made so many wealthy.

Black people have plenty of money, we just choose to spend it all on rims and Jesus pieces... All reparations would do is inflate the cost of Chrysler 300s and platinum jewelry. The black community in the US generates about $1 trillion in purchasing power every year. Unfortunately, we are consumers, not makers. We don't own anything, nor do we understand building wealth. We were on the right track, but lost sight during the civil rights movement when we pushed for integration and political power. Segregation forced us to own our businesses and do for self. Unfortunately, black leadership convinced black folks the white man's ice was colder and we abandoned those principles and our community so we could integrate. We ignored economic power and we still ignore it to this day.

Yes, 40 acres and a mule would have been nice post civil war, but we didn't get it. It won't happen. We have all the tools we need already, we just choose not to use them.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 01:49 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

Whelp... that's helpful. I hope your side of the line in the sand has lovely weather.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 01:50 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

What makes him a Leftist?

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Dunno.

Do you agree with him?

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 01:52 PM
link   

One of my ancestor's was a slave owner,should I have to pay for what
he did and had? Besides,any wealth that he left was probably lost during
the great depression.

link   

Whelp... that's helpful. I hope your side of the line in the sand has lovely weather.

Here is something that you may find helpful:
If you stick to your line in the sand (that founding fathers that were slave owners are exempt from what is happening now), you may find yourself to lumped in with the 'Nazis'.
I am completely serious about that.
edit on b000000312017-08-16T14:08:02-05:0002America/ChicagoWed, 16 Aug 2017 14:08:02 -0500200000017 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

link   

Wake me when the book-burning starts.

Gonna be a long sleep all the antifascists cried bout how the planet was out to git us and trees aren't used for paper anymore.

website burning is the new book burning,

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 01:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Dunno.

Do you agree with him?

No, as already stated.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 01:57 PM
link   

I can't stop idiots from being idiots but I can defend myself without creating straw men, boogey men, false narratives and blanket labeling.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 01:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Dunno.

Do you agree with him?

No, as already stated.

Well good for you.

If he was a follower of the same ideological stance as me, I'd have some harsh words to say to him.

Who knows, maybe he is.

Do you have his number? I'll give him a call.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 01:58 PM
link   
I call for DEFROCKING political activists out of any positions of faith or in the same token Islamist Sharia supporters from CAIR.

link   
a reply to: Edumakated

Should we not honor the Treaties too?

link   

"By George we did it" used to mean something

That saying has no reference to George Washington.

Up until 16th Century England, the saying was " By God We Did It " This was then deemed to be blasphemous.

The saying was then changed to " By George We Did It ". A reference to St George, The Patron Saint Of England.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 02:02 PM
link   
No body is going to listen to this one guy.

One unknown preacher does not make a movement

What are you people worried about?

This issue is over traitorous confederate racists who were responsible for the death of thousands through their f___d up rebellion.

They were the Talban of that age

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Everything I don't like is Left?

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Everything I don't like is Left?

What are some of the benefits to being a leftist?

I like small government, low taxes, no healthcare mandates, free speech, gun rights, equality for everyone.

If that's a leftist, then sign me up, comrade!

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 02:13 PM
link   
The people tearing down these artifacts would love to have the money that they are worth it at an auction.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 02:14 PM
link   

I like small government, low taxes, no healthcare mandates, free speech, gun rights, equality for everyone.

Gasp!

You said the G word!

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join