It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Here’s What Happens When Male Marines Go Up Against Mixed-Gender

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 08:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: cenpuppie
a reply to: InTheLight

Look, its obvious your confused at how things work around here. Women aren't equal to men, at ANYTHING, except those roles women have done traditional. I know it sucks but that's the way its been so that's the way it is and that's the way it will be, forever.

Now that the sarcasm is out of the way, it's funny how other military's around the world have no issue in integrating women in, some are looking forward to it.

America? Where arguing about semantics. The same crap people are saying about women, were said about black men when they tried/where serving.

Countries the integrate women into their militaries on a wide scale, Israel being a good example, usually do so because they're in desperate need of bodies. The US doesn't face the same pressing circumstances as Israel, hence large-scale integration women into combat roles would just be a waste of resources. If not outright detrimental to US fighting prowess.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 08:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults
a reply to: redhorse

I think whatever physical standards should be maintained regardless of gender. If she can cut then she can cut it. If she can't then she can't.

Totally agree the outcome will not be comfortable for many in society however, I just know from being involved in sports my entire life

But that's how it goes. I mean allowing someone to have a position when they aren't capable of being there isn't doing them any favors either. It might get you or someone else killed even. So thems the breaks.

But you don't have to run a mile with a battery or traverse a swamp to sit in a chair and fly a drone. But you do have to be mentally capable and learn other skills that the swamp frog maybe isn't good at.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 08:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: InTheLight

originally posted by: RedDragon
Idk, my sister is in shape and had to call men to change her car battery because she was too weak to pick it up. No man alive can't lift a car battery. I wouldn't feel safe having women in my squad because you never know which situation they will get you killed in.

**Tank runs out of fuel**
"Go get me that 250 lb oil drum across the street!"
Woman tugs on oil drum, barely able to drag it... gets shot b/c she's taking forever.
Everyone dies.
The end.

I'd rather just have a normal man in my squad where I don't have to worry about things like that when I have 1000000 other things to worry about in a life or death situation

Then again, why does it have to be all about you?

Why does it have to be all about women and their emotional fixation on "doing anything a man can do"?

link   
a reply to: mOjOm

But you don't have to run a mile with a battery or traverse a swamp to sit in a chair and fly a drone. But you do have to be mentally capable and learn other skills that the swamp frog maybe isn't good at.

I totally agree.

link   

originally posted by: Talorc

Idk, my sister is in shape and had to call men to change her car battery because she was too weak to pick it up. No man alive can't lift a car battery. I wouldn't feel safe having women in my squad because you never know which situation they will get you killed in.

Woman tugs on oil drum, barely able to drag it... gets shot b/c she's taking forever.
Everyone dies.
The end.

I'd rather just have a normal man in my squad where I don't have to worry about things like that when I have 1000000 other things to worry about in a life or death situation

Why does it have to be all about women and their emotional fixation on "doing anything a man can do"?

It's all about feelings of inferiority.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 08:38 PM
link   

🖕

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 08:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone

🖕

You need a life.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 08:40 PM
link   

🖕

You need a life.

What does life mean to you?

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Everyone dies.
The end.

Are you drunk? This is about transgender.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 08:41 PM
link   
a reply to: thesaneone

I am pretty sure that's the first funny thing you have ever post.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Everyone dies.
The end.

Lol

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 08:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
The simple answer is to set the standards for what they need to be on all skills and for all physical feats and take anyone who can pass.

If you find a woman who can do it, then let her in, but you likely won't find very many.

Yup thats the rule for the UK SAS.

So far no women have passed the entry test.

And rightly so if they can not pass.
edit on 8-8-2017 by InsaneIthorian because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Everyone dies.
The end.

Lol

lol

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Everyone dies.
The end.

Lol

lol

Is that the best you can do?

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 08:49 PM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

PJW latest is +++

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 08:49 PM
link   
a reply to: InsaneIthorian

I don't understand why women get so offended by this they are good at a lot of things I suck at

like relationships for one, or caring about others or carrying a baby

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 08:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults
a reply to: InsaneIthorian

I don't understand why women get so offended by this they are good at a lot of things I suck at

like relationships for one, or caring about others or carrying a baby

This not about women, and no women here are offended.
edit on 18CDT08America/Chicago05480831 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 08:55 PM
link   
marksmanship has absolutely nothing to do with gender. if female marines aren`t as good as male marines at marksmanship it might be because they haven`t had much experience with weapons.

have you ever heard of Lyudmila Pavlichenko? if you haven`t you should google her.she is regarded as one of the top military snipers of all time.

I have no doubts that females can be equal or better than males at marksmanship if they have enough practice and experience with weapons.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Everyone dies.
The end.

Are you high? Its about a "mixed-unit" i.e. with 300 men and 100 women.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Everyone dies.
The end.

Are you high? Its about a "mixed-unit" i.e. with 300 men and 100 women.

It's really about building private bathrooms.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join