It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea now has a "Mini-Nuke"

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 01:46 PM
link   
a reply to: 4N0M4LY

Again I think you overestimate our intercept abilities on ICBM's. Not sure if you have been following those threads, but given some of the 'insiders' that represent here and are well respected our intermediate intercept abilities are fantastic. ICBM's not so much.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 01:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: spark9576
The question now becomes how do we handle them?

1. Diplomacy
2. Military Action
3. Additional Sanctions
4. None-of-the-Above

simple, we're too late and whether we like it or not they will strike first while we keep playing around.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 01:48 PM
link   
a reply to: mzinga

About 50% success rate on icbms if I remember right, but a new model is being tested right now if I remember correct.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 01:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: mzinga

Again I think you overestimate our intercept abilities on ICBM's. Not sure if you have been following those threads, but given some of the 'insiders' that represent here and are well respected our intermediate intercept abilities are fantastic. ICBM's not so much.

I doubt there is a nation that has any effective way of stopping an ICBM, After the (Payload) stage is released, it's the end of the game at that point. Most upgraded ICBMs only take mere minuets to get to stage 3. Intermediates and Short ranges are not so bad like you said.
edit on 8-8-2017 by 4N0M4LY because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 01:53 PM
link   
He would take one of his subs to a secret home..
before he do anything.
And we would destroy everyone left behind, thinking he is dead.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 01:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gargoyle91
a reply to: butcherguy

Yea but would South Korea still be habitable? The cancer rates/birth defects would sky rocket all over the World in a Major attack.

Not to mention NK is too valuable for it's resources.

Check out Hiroshima and Nagasaki today.
They are modern and vibrant cities, full of life. Definitely habitable.

I just wouldn't put it past TPTB to have a limited nuclear exchange, if for no other reason... just for fun.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 01:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheOneElectric
This is the first and only time I'll say this:

Trump gets a pass on this one. The NK situation would have happened under Hillary, Biden, Cruz, Rubio, Sanders, Stein, and Johnson.

Trump just got the honor of sitting at the helm during this #storm. There is no good option here, and it will only get uglier as the weeks move on. But, always remember this, Russia and China funded this problem in an attempt to undermine USA Hegemony.

And if you think a covert ops against N.Korea will go over well, consider this:
If we accidentally fail and not take out the target, expect chaos.

All I have to say is: Good Luck Mr. Pres. I'd stop tweeting about Hilldawg and start meeting with the generals ASAP.

Yeah, Obama warned Trump that NK would be his biggest problem.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 02:01 PM
link   
The US/Allies cannot sit by and watch a country get attacked. No asian country besides China has the ability to stop this even if the US decided to not intervene (which it can't).

America is Obligated to help their allies.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 02:03 PM
link   
a reply to: spark9576

Do they keep it in the same place as the WMD's from Iraq?

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 02:04 PM
link   

"US intel says country has developed nuclear warheads that fit inside missiles, Wash. Post reports"

This sounds like we are being prepared for a preemptive strike before NK will be ready to strike . Just keep an eye on the propaganda I guess .

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 02:05 PM
link   
so they can put a nuk on a missile its not like we can do out about it as we dont have the balls to hit them before they hit us and IF we did hit them they will just kill Millons of Inersent people that as nowt to do with it . what i think we all should do is let them have the nukes and then bring them to the table and talk about it where every one is happy and with some hope it will all turn out ok and then north and south can be as one again with a better understanding with one another and a lasting peace with which they all can injoy

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 02:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: dragonlover12
If NK were to strike the US first, that would be different. But by law you can NOT go to someone else`s house and do harm to them because you are afraid of what they might do in the future.

IANAL but I'm pretty sure mundane concepts like murder don't apply to sovereign nations. And morals are one of those nebulous things that are applied as needed where Governments and political parties are concerned.

So, while it will be a damned if you do or damned if you don't kind of judgement call, I would expect if fat boy was close to launch, he would be toast.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 02:06 PM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

No peacenik here. They were wrong for attacking my homeland. We don't have to waste precious time bantering back and forth. I am a staunch war man who supports military action when deemed necessary. We are not talking about Japan. This is North Korea, again. This problem should have been nipped in the bud almost 70 years ago. but it wasn't. So here we are in 2017 with Gen III Kim regime. Time to teach Kim a very hard lesson about making threats with WMDs. Wouldn't be surprised if we purposely allowed Kim to develop his nuclear program to this point just to make an example out of his regime. Hope Trump's generals are in the war room right this minute.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 02:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gargoyle91

"US intel says country has developed nuclear warheads that fit inside missiles, Wash. Post reports"

This sounds like we are being prepared for a preemptive strike before NK will be ready to strike . Just keep an eye on the propaganda I guess .

82nd Airborne are the quick reaction force division tasked to deploy at any time within 48 hours. I am not sure if there are any other combat divisions that are QRFs but there should be. Since I'm still in the military I would know if there is any notices of deployment prep or emergency actions to deploy. Heck we would hear it from the marine divisions first more than likely.

Im just rambling but I would know if something is up if it becomes true soon.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 02:13 PM
link   
a reply to: spark9576

Ask bj clinton.
He should have stopped north Korea 20 years ago but instead made deals that the north ignored.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 02:15 PM
link   

a reply to: introvert

Totally agree with you!

Pre emptive strikes are neither legal nor moral

A true pre-emptive strike is both legal and moral. In terms of international law, there's even a test - the Caroline test.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: AlephOne

No peacenik here.

Yeah no sources there either.
Know why there are no sources for that?
WE DO NOT DO THAT!!!

North Korea is about as relevant as techno. They are the boogeyman de jour as the "russia" narrative has fallen on its ass.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 02:18 PM
link   

But by law you can NOT go to someone else`s house and do harm to them because you are afraid of what they might do in the future.

Yes, yes you can. The circumstances would have to be extraordinary for a private individual to go to someone else's house and still be within the law, but at the international scale there is a bit more legal leeway.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 02:25 PM
link   
At this current rate of diplomatic decay surrounding NK issue, we will be at war before Christmas this year if nothing changes. This is a wild guess but NK isn't likely to back down and is expected to further inflame the issue.
edit on 8-8-2017 by 4N0M4LY because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 02:25 PM
link   
What we are seeing is getting the US population ready to accept an attack on NK. Note that the term "WMD" will generally be left out of the description of the issue. Looks like "mini nuke" and "ICBM" will be the buzz words.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join