It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Very Interesting Crop Circles 2017

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 02:09 PM
link   
I find your title a little contradictory... This year's artists are very half arsed. Lazy circle patterns, they all look to be done by the same person/team. I don't know the true phenomenon (all of it) to be so uninspired as the crop circle 2017 display...

But circles are perhaps apt. Cos you definitely have an "inner circle" vibe going on this year. A group of people that seem to know where they are, and have a ton of videos and pictures of them literally within hours of their creation. People who seem to have snuck in before even the farmers are aware. Like some kind of sociopathic social media drive. They may not be caught, and the circles themselves may be interesting enough in themselves, but what they're up to this year seems more transparent and lazy than ever, to me personally. Samey designs, samey features, and random locations like Dorset and Rollright Stones which don't really fit the overall pattern. As if someone literally typed out a list of heritage sites and they're working their way through them. It's a year of amateurs, in my mind.

I've also considered a much more thorough approach to this. And that is to destroy or at least decimate the design of every crop circle as soon as it's reported. This denies the artists their 15 minutes of fame, and if there really is something deeper to it, it will be forced to take new measures to get its message across. The efforts of any "inner circle" will be diminished and they'll lose the enthusiasm to keep this joke alive. This will also kill the "crop circle" business in its tracks, somewhat unfortunate, but necessary, because it's a probable cause of creation for at least some of these things. If a crop circle tour can guarantee a visit to one then they are surely in on it, in some capacity. The locals all have their s'n-word'ing opinions, "I know something you don't know" types, and I think it's high time that "smug"-ness was written off. Wiltshire council and town parishes use it as a tourism mechanism, and I think it's proud that it's an unstoppable business mechanism, so maybe it's time to stop it and see what happens. If it's the government, well, they're going to take some pretty harsh measures to ensure it continues to exist and feed our GDP, and that will certainly be a visible, revitalized aspect of the CC stuff. We can go even further, and make it a legality that, if you run a crop circle tour, you pay 1000 to local farmers for profiteering out of something that destroys their crops. Point is, current and even past methods to "prove it" haven't worked, so it's time for something new, something drastic. This is how exposé's usually are.

I do enjoy the CC phenomena. I do still believe some are not man made. I don't want to compromise it, but there is something heinous underneath, business-motivated, which is year on year side-lining any true mystery/awe that might really be behind (some) of the creations. And I know for some people they just like the artistry of it and aren't interested in the truth behind it. But regular artists taking people for a ride, I think it's the fact of "how long can this joke go on for?", cos it's been going on (in artistic "I can't reveal that I do this for it to have impact" terms) since the 70's and it's kind of boring now?

Maybe in this life time, I won't really push my own determination of discovering the truth. But I definitely would if there was a next time round, flame-thrower and all, but only cos I want to know the truth and feel stronger/harsher methods are required to do so
We've seriously all been lulled or "herded" into just accepting it (whichever side you're on) and effectively, been pushed to care more about the next season of Stranger Things than the truth behind actual real strange things.

edit on 9-8-2017 by markymint because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 02:40 PM
link   
They can't enter our atmosphere why don't they just park in orbit we can eventually but with our deep space Telemetry radar and whatnot

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Why don't they just park in orbit then? We would see them
edit on C220000000Wednesdaykpm82 by Czulkang because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 04:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Komodo

originally posted by: scraedtosleep

originally posted by: TruthxIsxInxThexMist

originally posted by: Diabolical1972
You do know that they are computer generated programs that they use to make the crop circles right? These are all man made. Did you see the star wars maze one?

static.collegehumor.com.au...

That one is obviously man-made. I'm not doubting some are man-made but some are too intricate to have been made in 6 hours

How could you know that? Have you ever tried? have you ever talked with the groups that
have done them? Have you ever watched one being made? Just because you lack the ability to
do this does not mean it can't be done.

A group of students from MIT attempted this some time back and it wasn't close to being possible in 4-6 hour period using boards & rope with other methods to attempt a single pattern.

Google it.

Who is telling you that these crop circles are being made in under 4 hours?
In fact if no one sees them being made how would anyone know how long it takes?

My be you should "google " some more yourself. I have seen tons of videos
of large crop circles being done by humans. Here is one done by 4 guys in
5 and a half hours and it is huge. www.bing.com...

Now imagine you had 20 guys all working together to make each piece at the same time.
How fast do you think that would be?

The MIT guys were not professional circle builders.
edit on 9-8-2017 by scraedtosleep because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 05:54 PM
link   
a reply to: TruthxIsxInxThexMist

Im pretty sure many of these are NOT from 2017.
The hallway one and the Mayan looking of with the wing feathers are front years ago.

And to all the people giving their opinion about the "authenticity" or which "species" made them....

So ridiculous.

You do realize that you're just filling up a discussion thread with the same exact opinions that have filed up page after page of ATS crop circle threads since day one.

Just ARGUING about their source...
Is so banal, worthless banter...

Nobody ever even begins to scratch the surface as to what their interpretation of the designs are...

Freaking boring.

There's been a massive brain-drain in ATS...

just a cornucopia of useless drivel over minutia and semantics...

Nothing impressive, unpredictable, exceptional in the responses.

...."well why don't YOU start with that"...

...I have...plenty...

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 08:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Meinherzbrennt

If an alien race has the technology to cross light years distances they surely can manage to make their trip more worthwhile than just to come here and press on some crops in the middle of the night.
If they want to send us a message why not just send it over radio waves? They wouldn't even have to make the trip here. That would be way more efficient...

Maybe the message is not for us! Maybe we are just the message board. Better that than smorgasbord.

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 12:58 AM
link   

I think crop circles are cool as hell, but I think they're man made. I also believe that if aliens could travel here, even if they're from within our own solar system, they'd have the technology to deal with our atmosphere.

I do believe aliens have been and probably are here, but I can't buy into alien crop circles, or aliens traveling here but unable to land.

Appreciate the cool pics though! And - if it turns out I'm wrong and some are alien made, I'll be glad to be wrong, and annoyed at the human crop circle maker fad being a ploy to discredit the alien ones!

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 03:07 AM
link   

whatch this video below but It's not a copy of the original video

"UFO Over a crop circle southfield alton barns england"

edit on 10-8-2017 by Azureblue because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 03:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: and14263
a reply to: Azureblue
I don't think these are 'fakers' who do this to laugh at people.

It's a hobby, an art form, something to exhibit. I think looking down on people is not top of the agenda. Could be wrong of course... ...

that would apply to one or two people, perhaps.

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 03:23 AM
link   
I'll preface this by saying I think they're probably man made.

But I'll also suggest that just because man can replicate something doesn't necessarily mean it wasn't originally created by some.. thing else?

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 03:32 AM
link   
a reply to: MrConspiracy

True, but the opposite also applies, if something can be made by humans, why should we look elsewhere for an explanation?

One thing I always think about is: do people blame their neighbours when they can't find their car keys at home? Why look outside our home for an explanation of what happens inside it, specially when it's something that can be done by those already there? Would we blame the neighbour's kids for a drawing appearing on a bedroom wall when we do have kids of our own?

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 03:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: ArMaP

originally posted by: Azureblue
If the fakers were people who did it just to stick it to those they scorned and regarded as idiots, they would soon get sick of doing it and give it away.

I don't think so, because there are always new people eager to believe in it, so they can always laugh at all the new theories and interpretations.

Not sure what you mean here but if your suggesting that some do it just to stick it up people who accept most formations are made by 'ufos' for a sake of an appropriate term, then for how long could they continue to be motivated by 'Lets stick it up these xyz stupid people."

It would seem to me that to make a passable home made crop formation would take considerable time, effort and resources to make a formation of such quality that many would accept as real.

Any less quality than passable and they would only make themselves look silly.

In any event, it would be difficult to remain motivated beyond 3-4 such events. By then they would have had their laugh, proven their point and lost motivation to do any more.

If the claims that all or most formations are fake then a lot of motivation, energy, time and resources would need to be spent to continue making them, in one night, on a sustainable basis.

I think (?) it was Lucy pringle who said she got a quote from a surveying company to survey out one of the more sophisticated formation designs. The surveying company said it would take nearly 2 weeks to survey it out. This would have to involve the use of pegs and presumably, all be done at night without lights.

Think of all walking around the surveying team would do in the crop. How might they conceal their tread marks? - by walking only where the crop was going to be layed over. But how would they know which part of the crop would be layed over until they had done at least some of the surveying?

How would they see the short stakes they had put into the crop on previous nights?

If they used long stakes they would be seen from some distance away. How do they walk from the fence to the formation site without leaving tread marks in the crop?

Where would they park their vehicles without being seen 5 nights a week.

More man hours taken up = more cost in planning and execution.

its getting less plausiable all the time to my mind

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 03:59 AM
link   
a reply to: 711117
I don't understand what your beef is but those images are far too low resolution to 'have an eye for detail'.

Let's agree to disagree. You think aliens, I think humans.......

With regards to the language you choose to use, be aware that if you do use offensive terms you WILL get called out for it.

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 03:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Azureblue

Do Surveyors still actually use stakes? I'm no expert but hasn't technology moved on from that?
edit on 10-8-2017 by oldcarpy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 06:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

which in no way were human made.

Below is a story about a guy that goes out and makes concentric circles and patterns that are visible from space, for no other reason than he enjoys doing so.

But you go on believing that there's "no way" somebody can do this thing that they've been doing for decades now.

Perfect man-made circles

God people must have a lot of time on there hand to do something like that in freezing conditions sort don't believe it in a way even through it's true.

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 07:17 AM
link   
a reply to: ArMaP

That's fair but... what was the original purpose of creating the first (recorded) crop circles?

To mimic? To fool others?

From my research the first ones recorded (as hoaxes) were to mimic the "saucer nest" in Australia.

So, although they have become elaborate - their origin appears to be that of a "UFO/Alien" origin.

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Yes, the original ones by Messrs Bower and Chorley were inspired by the Tully Saucer Nest thing in Australia but there is no proof that that was actually caused by Aliens. It was just a flattened circle of swamp reeds where a farmer claimed to see a flying Saucer.

Likely explanations included a Willy-Willy (fnarr, fnarr) a local name for a dust devil, apparently.

So, there is no proof that they are of a "UFO/Alien" origin so that is a stretch.

Yes they certainly have become more and more elaborate. This is consistent with them being of human origin, as computers, GPS etc start being used. If these modern designs suddenly appeared in the late 60's then they might be less easy to explain but they didn't.

Look, I don't want to come across as a debunker. I am open to a lot of ideas and have had some inexplicable things happen to me, see my earlier post if you are interested. But some things are just like "No, not Aliens" and can become a distraction from really weird stuff.

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 08:32 AM
link   

I believe these Aliens to be helpers of Human kind but can't land here due to the Atmosphere being one they can't adjust too.

The levels of pollution would be a good indication. So you seriously think there are actual advanced beings doing this? The patterns are fairly detailed I'd say, makes you wonder.
edit on 10-8-2017 by ADSE255 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 08:35 AM
link   
a reply to: oldcarpy

That's why I put the "UFO/Alien origin" in " "... I never claimed it was proven. What I am claiming is that, although many (maybe all!) are man made, some of them have been unaccounted for and have unknown origin. Be it, people never coming forward to claim them or otherwise.

For humans to then jump to the conclusion of alien involvement should not surprise anyone. Considering the original(?) crop circle that started this trend also had a similar back story.

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Fair enough. Each to their own.

You may be interested in looking up "The Warminster Triangle" as we are talking about weird goings on in Wiltshire.

I grew up intrigued by this and now find myself, by coincidence (?) actually living in it. Some weird things go on in these parts. I posted a while back about my own very weird UFO encounters. Personally, I don't think it was aliens but very inexplicable and involving some pretty outstanding synchronicty!

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join