It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Just Want To Say I Told You So. RE: LGBT

page: 23
<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 09:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Why assume they "forgot" that stuff? Many people were advocating for those things and others would gladly welcome their return. Remember all of the "fire & brimstone" comments when the Supreme Court outlawed the bans on gay marriage? Obergefell v. Hodges was only 2 years ago.

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 09:34 AM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

How do you know that being gay for some of these people isn't simply another expression of them being horny in a culture that teaches that butt sex is just another kind of sex? How many discussions have we had about whether or not sec ed in schools should teach safe anal as well as all other expressions of sexuality instead of just the basic birds and bees facts?

If your sex ed program is teaching you all the different possible ways to get your rocks off, then anal sex is just another kind of sex and if you can have it, then why not with anyone available to have sex with if you're horny?

Sex is not romantic love; it's sex. And our present culture is very much geared toward teaching that if it feels good, do it.

Being gay is simply predicated on a sexual preference for one gender over another, not on romantic love per se.

Or are you going to claim that you truly loved every partner you ever had sex with?

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 09:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

You are talking about men who didn't identify as homosexuals.
Who cares what they identified as. The claim is attraction is hard wired. So attraction should be the same then as it is now. Or are you saying attraction and who you are attracted to physically is not hard wired?

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 09:41 AM
link   

I don't claim any particular percentage; I'm a grown-ass adult who knows that ancient history should be taken with a grain of salt. History has been written, rewritten, and re-rewritten, oftentimes in a biased manner in which the sole intention was to disparage a particular culture.

Take the Jews, for example, with their incalculable amount of lies that were utilized to further their role as the victim and ultimately gain global status: they claimed for millennia that the Egyptians forced them into slavery to build the pyramids; that was proven to be a lie. Not all history is accurate history.

And to anybody who says I was being 'racist' in regards to the Jew comment: criticizing a religion isn't racism.

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 09:44 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

There's a lot of projection going on in that post of yours lol. Are you sure that everyone holds your views on sex, romance, and love?

Or are you going to claim that you truly loved every partner you ever had sex with?

Who are you to even ask someone that? Maybe you should put that in a private message. I often say that many of the critics of LGBT's are actually just nosy pervs who want an excuse to gaze into the sex lives of others. You're kinda proving my point.
edit on 9-8-2017 by enlightenedservant because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 09:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Xaphan

So anything that doesn't fit your narrative needs to be tossed. Got it.

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Being gay is the same as being heterosexual. Sure, gay people can have sex without love, but so can straight people. For you to imply that gay people aren't capable of romantic love with their partners is hateful and disgusting. You should be ashamed of yourself.

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 09:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Kettu

If suddenly it seems like there are more gay people, have you considered that people that hid being gay feel safe enough to admit it now? Especially among younger people?

logic like this has no place on ATS

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 09:51 AM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

My point is that too many people talk about sex as if it is love and vice versa. It's not. Sex is an act. Love is an emotion. Sometimes, the two can coincide, but not always and not even very often.

If love was synonymous with sex, life would be very icky indeed. I love my son very much, but I would never, ever want to hump him, same with my parents.

At the same time, culture endorses a casual hookup mentality -- sex without strings. What do you think the "strings" are? Duh! Emotional attachments like love.

So when we have this discussion, we need to make it clear what we're talking about.

My understanding of the gay marriage debate was always that gays said that since they could not be attracted to members of the opposite sex, they would never love someone not of their gender, so they needed to be allowed to marry inside their gender. They never claimed to love everyone they ever hooked up with.

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 09:53 AM
link   

I'm saying that being a homosexual is more than just sex acts, just like being a heterosexual is more than just sex acts.

Sex acts alone do not determine your orientation. There is much more to it than that.

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Psychological projection is a theory in psychology in which humans defend themselves against their own unconscious impulses or qualities (both positive and negative) by denying their existence in themselves while attributing them to others.[1] For example, a person who is habitually rude may constantly accuse other people of being rude. It incorporates blame shifting.

Psychological projection

Like I said, are you sure that everyone holds your views on sex, romance, and love?

Also, there are many different forms of emotional bonds and most of them are not sexual at all. It's the English language that uses the same word "love" to identify many of them, like the bond between mother & child compared to the bond between newlyweds. Ironically, the base word for "charity" originally refers to the "love/bond" that God has for His creations and the "bond/love" that they have for Him in return. That was then adjusted to be the "love/bond" between Christ and his followers. Surely you don't think that was referring to sex, too?

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 10:01 AM
link   

How do you know that being gay for some of these people isn't simply another expression of them being horny in a culture that teaches that butt sex is just another kind of sex?

Change gay with straight and the answers should be the same.

If your sex ed program is teaching you all the different possible ways to get your rocks off, then anal sex is just another kind of sex and if you can have it, then why not with anyone available to have sex with if you're horny?

have you yet to go through puberty?

When a person get aroused there is usually a cause, be it a thought, seeing an image, watching moving images.

All causes come with stimuli that gets one aroused.

If one is attracted to the opposite sex then the opposite sex is what will usually arouse them.

How many discussions have we had about whether or not sec ed in schools should teach safe anal as well as all other expressions of sexuality instead of just the basic birds and bees facts?

Maybe you need to brush up the birds and bees facts.

You get horny because something you experienced has aroused you.

If your gay, it may have been the thought of a hot guy, or seeing a picture in magazine of guy you find attractive, etc.

Sex is not romantic love; it's sex. And our present culture is very much geared toward teaching that if it feels good, do it.

Teaching?

NO

Promoting?

YES.

Being gay is simply predicated on a sexual preference for one gender over another, not on romantic love per se.

Yes,

and like a straight person,

chances are if you are attracted to a person to have sex with them and your personalities are compatible then love can come from the sexual encounter.

Some people might only have sex with another person after they feel comfortable enough with the other person and love is there between the two.

Sometimes people can just have sex with no attachments what so ever.

No worries, once puberty hits and you have a few experiences you will get a grip on how diverse human sexuality is.

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 10:02 AM
link   

I'm saying that being a homosexual is more than just sex acts, just like being a heterosexual is more than just sex acts.

Sex acts alone do not determine your orientation. There is much more to it than that.

So you are saying physical attraction is NOT hard wired?

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 10:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

Nah, but nice straw man fallacy anyways, champ.

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 10:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xaphan

Nah, but nice straw man fallacy anyways, champ.
Sorry, false. I pointed to absolute proof that your position was wrong. Since you had no defense you just said you don't believe it

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 10:06 AM
link   

So you are saying physical attraction is NOT hard wired?

I think they are saying it is but that sex acts alone do not determine ones sexuality.

The way I see it, a person could be forced to have sex with the same sex but they may not be gay, the act itself doesn't determine the persons sexual preference, but this is of coarse in insane scenarios like the one I just suggested.

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 10:10 AM
link   

I'm saying that just because you can "get it up" in a particular situation, doesn't mean you are hard wired for only that particular situation.

What is hard wired is the physical attraction combined with the capability of the emotional attraction added in.

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Not sure where exactly that absolute proof was, but keep on swinging for your home run there, son; the special ed teacher will move the tee-ball stand closer if you keep missing.

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 10:19 AM
link   

I'm saying that just because you can "get it up" in a particular situation, doesn't mean you are hard wired for only that particular situation.

What is hard wired is the physical attraction combined with the capability of the emotional attraction added in.

So you can find men sexually pleasing and want to do them but you are incapable of loving them. So who you enjoy sex with you choose, but who you can love you don't choose. That really makes sense to you?

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Yes, it actually does make sense to me.

I know a woman who claims to be bi-sexual. She is sexually attracted to women as well as men, but she has never had a monogamous romantic relationship with a woman. All her serious romantic "let's move in with other and have a committed loving relationship" has always been with men. I argue that she isn't gay and isn't really bi. I think she is a heterosexual who happens to enjoy physical stuff with women for fun.I

No, I don't think she made a conscious choice to romantically love the men and not the women. She's just hardwired that way.

top topics

<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join