It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Just Want To Say I Told You So. RE: LGBT

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 03:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: kyleplatinum
a reply to: Nyiah

You cant ask them anything when there gone.

Then you don't worry about it.

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 04:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: kyleplatinum
a reply to: Dfairlite

I wasn't trying to convince, just stating the design.

I am just as loving as everyone else.

--it doesn't seem like that.

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 04:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dfairlite
a reply to: dreamingawake

If people are more accepting now (they are) why did every generation that wasn't millenials see a decrease in identification? Your logic doesn't hold.

I was referring mainly to GenX, which " remained relatively stable over the five-year period at 3.2%".
There's a small fraction of a percentage in decline for Baby Boomer(on the outside of the Millennial children parent demographic). Perhaps they no longer identify as LGBTx, such as bisexual but married-no longer identifying, etc., due to age as well and other factors.

Millennials, defined here as those born between 1980 and 1998, drive virtually all of the increases observed in overall LGBT self-identification. The portion of that generation identifying as LGBT increased from 5.8% in 2012 to 7.3% in 2016. LGBT identification remained relatively stable over the five-year period at 3.2% among Generation X and declined slightly from 2.7% to 2.4% among baby boomers and from 1.8% to 1.4% among traditionalists.
OP Source

edit on 9-8-2017 by dreamingawake because: correction

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 06:20 AM
link   
Sigh...

Culture/status quo isn't capable of rewiring your biology. I was born into a very liberal family—like my parents aren't exactly hippies, but they aren't necessarily far from it either. All my life I was told (same goes for my sister also) that there's nothing wrong with gays, or interracial marriage, or marijuana, or pretty much any other social issue that has been controversial in the past—and guess what... here we are in our early adulthood, (me 30, her 20) and neither of us are trans, we're both straight, and we don't even use marijuana.

Merely being told that there's nothing wrong with certain things doesn't mean that it's going to somehow rewire your brain into becoming those things, or influence you to become those things; it just means that you'll accept people for their individual biological wiring and autonomous choices.
edit on 9-8-2017 by Xaphan because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 07:13 AM
link   

Growing up in MA I knew several women who were lesbians because they were in abusive relationships and hated men. They grew up straight and attracted to men not women, but grew to hate men so decided to become lesbians, in their own words it was purely a choice they made.

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 07:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xaphan

Merely being told that there's nothing wrong with certain things doesn't mean that it's going to somehow rewire your brain into becoming those things, or influence you to become those things; it just means that you'll accept people for their individual biological wiring and autonomous choices.

So why were ALL the men in Rome wired to find men/boys sexually pleasing? Since it's purely wiring of the brain and not culture ....

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 07:43 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

That's kind of a bold claim. "ALL the men"? Let's not get carried away with taking (exaggerated more often than not) written accounts literally here; the modern-day Abrahamic religions have already taken the liberty of relieving us of that duty.

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 07:50 AM
link   

a reply to: Deaf Alien

The number of children per family is in decline. This will only cause that number to plummet further (as there will be fewer people who can have children, much less want them). So how do you make up the population decline? Immigration or a hostile takeover. The economic impacts of deflation (which is actually highly correlated to birth rates) are devastating. And there are many other reasons.

I beg to differ. We live in an overpopulated planet with limited resources. The notion that we should all have 2.5 children is arbitrary and only serves to support an outdated economic model, much in the same way families with twelve children, which were a necessity in an agrarian society, seem ridiculous nowadays. Furthermore, as we approach singularity and the workplace as we know it ceases to exist, our economy will change to accommodate this new model. Consider that people like Zuckerberg and Musk speak about Universal salaries already.

I believe the actual percentage of the population that is LGBTQ remains stable. In this equation, the only constant that changed was social possibilities/acceptance, albeit with exceptions - clearly the OP is personally offended by other consenting adults' sexual behavior.

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 07:55 AM
link   
a reply to: pivilu

There is one problem.

Your "outdated economic model" is still with us. It's called Social Security and Medicare, and until we convince a LOT of people that it's outdated and needs to be changed, there are a whole lot of problems it's causing us - like unfettered illegal and even legal immigration, burgeoning national debt and deficits, etc., because those social programs are based on the idea of a population pyramid ponzi scheme with each generation being larger than the one preceding it.

But every time someone brings that up, we're told we're crazy.

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 07:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kettu
So? Who cares?

Why does who someone loves or wants to love impact you and how you live your life?

Does it make sleeping in on weekends harder?

Does it make scenic drives in the mountains worse?

Does it make your favorite song suddenly terrible?

Does it make your favorite foods disappear?

Who the hell cares who's gay and who's not? And maybe, just maybe with marriage being legal more people are deciding it's OK to admit they're gay?

And why is that suddenly such a bad thing?

Picture your day. Run the entire thing from start to finish in your mind. How does other people being gay stop you from choosing happiness or enjoyment all day long?

Short answer: it doesn't.

Own your feelings, own your perception. Own your reality.

I am into testing whether or not females are fully lesbian...radiating immeasurable confidence and aura seems to blast right through even the most damaged of them.

Interesting how every one of them gives me a look of surrender back to the DARK SIDE.

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 07:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

Well, if we're talking about a persons personal life we should probably encourage whatever will result in the best personal experience for that person. The most happy and beneficial, etc.

Which I'm pretty sure people try to encourage whatever they think is the right choice now. However that doesn't mean they're correct all the time either. Nothing is ever that easy in life. We all make choices that we think are the correct ones that end up being bad choices later so it's not always easy to make the right choice.

But ultimately it's the person choosing that should be making the decision of their own accord. I don't have a problem with others giving their opinions when asked for or helping if asked for help. But nobody is stopping that now so there isn't a problem there.

It's still better for people to make their own choices in life, be them good or bad because they're the ones who will have to grow from it and deal with that choice. We all make bad choices and we all make good ones too. That's how it works. Why would this be any different???

The LGBT community is not about choice..but about being like them.

Like everything else...it is a religion with control groups and is governed...tells everyone how it is and that is supposed to be CHOICE?

Just another group of SLAVES.

LUCIFER would disaprove..think about that one for a second in thy limited minds.

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 08:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien

a reply to: Kettu

You obviously didn't read the OP. But why should I care? Because I love our society and our foundation. This is a direct threat to both of those things.

We have enjoyed over 200 years with no threat. What is this direct threat you speak of? Is it MAGA you keep repeating?

The threat is the genetic decline being inserted into the minds and genetics of our children.

Beware of the incredible punishments that will be awarded for such insolence.

Judgement day and such.

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 08:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kettu

a reply to: Kettu

You obviously didn't read the OP. But why should I care? Because I love our society and our foundation. This is a direct threat to both of those things.

You seem to think being gay is a choice. You make little half-hearted disclaimers, but reading between the lines it's pretty clear that given your numbers, you're saying that younger people are "choosing" to be gay.

Wow, I didn't realize I choose to be straight.

If suddenly it seems like there are more gay people, have you considered that people that hid being gay feel safe enough to admit it now? Especially among younger people?

Your claim that choice does not exist in this one category shows your lack of vision.

And the ease in which you are brainwashed.

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Yes not only is it fashionable to be gay, it's also contagious.

RUN, RUN FOR YOUR LIFE NOW BEFORE IT CLAIMS YOU TOO!

One day you're enjoying a beer and the game, the next you too could be listening to Lady Gaga and wearing tight t-shirts, oh the horror!

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 08:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xaphan

That's kind of a bold claim. "ALL the men"? Let's not get carried away with taking (exaggerated more often than not) written accounts literally here; the modern-day Abrahamic religions have already taken the liberty of relieving us of that duty.

So what percent of the men do you claim it was? If it's simply wiring, then the same amount of people liking 13 year old boys then should like them now, right?
edit on 9-8-2017 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Your premise is flawed:

If people were simply more open to identifying now that it's become normalized, we would see gains across generations. After all, there should be the same percentage of people born gay at any given time so the only reason for an increase at all is less fear of reprisal.

The above statement isn't necessarily true so the rest of your argument is invalid.

Take some logic courses and you'll understand.

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Some of you "forget" that as late as 2003 there were still sodomy laws in the US.

Some of you "forget" that under these laws, primarily gay men were incarcerated, lost their jobs, etc.

Some of you "forget" that prior to 1973, being homosexual was considered a mental disorder.

Some of you "forget" that homosexual Americans were therefore subjected to electroshock, lobotomy, being institutionalized etc.

So when you wonder why LGBT are so sensitive about maintaining our equal rights ...

Remember.

edit on 9-8-2017 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 09:19 AM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

I chose man-spreading because it was a simple and easy example of how what is considered masculine behavior or posture is now being criminalized. It is exemplar of the entire agenda of gender neutrality or preference. That, in and of itself, is not an lgbt issue. But it is an example of how masculinity is being forced out of society in general which is in effect forcing what could be referred to as trans-gendered behavior - when a masculine male is forced to act, behave, or posture in a manner that would traditionally be associated with a feminine female.

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Maybe it's not anything such as gay LGBTQ acceptance, maybe it's that thing that turned frogs gay according to Alex J...

But Really those newly self I'd. Gays,are just that, newly self i.d nothing more nothing less.

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 09:26 AM
link   

You are talking about men who didn't identify as homosexuals. They had wives and were attracted to women. Similar to men in prison who were not homosexuals, but had sex with men while incarcerated, it was more of a show of virility and power, not an example of romantic love.

For example, Roman culture thought that a man who enjoyed being penetrated was sick and disgusting, but to be the penetrator was normal.

new topics

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join