It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Just Want To Say I Told You So. RE: LGBT

page: 26
<< 23  24  25   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 06:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dfairlite
a reply to: odzeandennz

Do you understand percentages? (rhetorical question because it's obvious you don't)

That's quite funny coming from someone that says "LGBT has increased from 3.5% to 4.1% an increase of 17%" and "Millenial: 2012: 5.8% 2016: 7.3% (That's an increase of 25% for those keeping score)"...

And let's not even mention the lack of any actual sources or references.
edit on 11/8/2017 by Gemwolf because: Fixed tag

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 07:25 AM
link   
a reply to: peter vlar

Didn't have the common decency to give a reach around haha

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 07:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Gemwolf

Even if one wanted to be overly kind and play along with the semantic game there's the pesky fact that 3.5 to 4.1 is an increase of .6% and that tiny, 6/10 of a percentage point is only 14% higher not 17% and then the increase of 1.5% from 5.8 to 7.3 is only an increase of 21% so the OP who can't do basic math period, has the gall the try and call out someone else for not "understanding" their magical new mathematics is hilariously ironic. And again, that's only if one is inclined to humor the histrionics of the semantic experiment when anyone who has made it beyond 8th grade knows that the first example is only an increase of 6/10 of a percent ad the second example is only 1.5 percent. Then add in adjustments for margin of errror and the increase is nothing but statistical White noise being presented as something extraordinary when it's anything but.

edit on 11-8-2017 by peter vlar because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 07:37 AM
link   

... and thus, the gods punish hubris.

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Bravo. I was hoping the OP would get it, but looking back, I doubt it was going to happen. So thanks for helping him out.
The opening post was one of those attempts to sound "factual" i.e. "I've got the numbers to prove it". It failed miserably.
The OP will obviously stand by their "numbers", which is quite hilarious. Ultimately it only confirms that any attempts to debate with logic or actual facts will be a complete and utter waste of energy.

Still good for a chuckle though.

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 08:27 AM
link   

I generally like to give the benefit of the doubt but after 2 dozen plus pages, somebody needed to spell it out like Miss Sally on Romper Room because it's painful to watch someone use math in such a fashion just to try to push a personal agenda.

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 11:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: peter vlar
a reply to: ScepticScot

I think the important question is, did you leave the guy a tip after your exam? Or did you leave the poor sod hanging?

It was a beautifull moment and that is all you need to know.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 12:38 AM
link   
Hmm...who cares who is having sex with who. adults can do as they want..get out of peoples bedrooms and let them be.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Anyone who thinks people can just 'choose' their sexuality is completely wrong, no ifs no buts, they're just wrong.

Nature chooses our sexuality.

To the author of this thread, I think you might be a bit insecure in your own sexuality. I say that based on your interest in the issue.

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 02:03 AM
link   
a reply to: PolyCottonBlend

Maybe, stars represent mediocracy. Average.

They weren't always here.

new topics

top topics

<< 23  24  25   >>

join