It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Just Want To Say I Told You So. RE: LGBT

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 05:14 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

You are mistaken in your beliefs about terminology, biology, psychology and sociology.

But, you are welcome to your beliefs; I hope you find correction.

Best.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 05:40 PM
link   
They will just say that the statistics were the same all along, and that people were afraid to "come out" under traditional social constructs. Of course we know that's a load of crap, but they will justify it as such nonetheless.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 05:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Terminology - this is based on ones perception so we can agree to disagree. Why do you need to have Cisgender and queergender to 'define' someone?
Biology - Sorry, but there are only two sexes and genders.
Psychology - This is not biology. There are people who think they are Joan of Arc but does not make it true. Just because a person thinks they are a different gender does not make it true.
Sociology - This is where terminology, Biology and Psychology all exist. Like in this forum.

I am not mistaken though. You just have some opinions I do not agree with and vice versa. That is what makes the world a great place. We are all entitled to them. I do not need to find correction but we can have different convictions.

Best to you also.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 05:55 PM
link   
The purpose of terminology is to assure it is NOT based on someone's perception.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Psychiatry includes neuroscience so yeah it's biology. Sorry.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 07:00 PM
link   
a reply to: ScepticScot

That's the first time I've heard of Poe's Law.

That dang old internet man!!

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 09:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Deaf Alien

Biologically you are a male or female.
Psychologically you can choose who you are. Maybe you think you are a cat.
A psychiatrist can help with that.
They are sciences as a whole.
I understand your perception of them however.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 10:05 PM
link   

How can you identify as a cat if you don't have the brain of a cat?

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 10:18 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

I would agree with you except that it is affecting other people. There are numerous examples of behavior associated with gender. For example: women typically sit with their knees together where men typically sit with their knees apart. The reasons why can vary but that is generally accepted as the masculine and feminine versions of the same act. The problem is that the gender-neutral agenda is not just allowing people to be what they consider neutral, it is starting to punish people for not being neutral, or outright feminine. "Man-spreading", as it has come to be known, is now illegal in some cities. And the only reason is that some people find it 'offensively masculine'. Schools are now teaching classes in how to deal with 'unacceptable masculinity'. People are not only being forced to change, their natural behavior is being criminalized.

And all this forced change is coming from the party of tolerance and acceptance.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 10:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs
a reply to: Gryphon66

My 3rd grade science book to answer your question.

well at least you're honest. you do realise that there is far more nuanced and complicated information about the subject than gets put into picture books, right? [same goes for the textbooks you get in high school, and in college.... they contain more than you get in grade school, but there is still so much more to it. and that's why there are people who devote *decades* to studying this stuff. and they publish well thought out, analytic academic tomes about it - which ATS promptly discard because y'all read three pages when you were eight.]

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 10:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Dfairlite

.... and the percentage will keep rising due to society and the heavy push to normalize, ie tv shows, movies ect.

IMO, I have always thought that the majority of gay stems from trend.

With that said, I also think any child born into gay marriage or gay parents is completely unfair to that child.

No wonder the percentage has risen so fast... it's called emulation.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 11:07 PM
link   
and how does someone identifying as gay, lesbian, transgender affect you personally? are you afraid that too many women or men will go gay and you won`t find a spouse?

seriously, I wish my life was so easy that my biggest concern was that someone ,somewhere in the U.S. might turn gay,but I have much more immediate concerns that directly affect me.
I don`t care that someone in maine or California wants to be gay that doesn`t affect me, you know what affects me,? when a big storm comes through and blows so hard it breaks the branches off my peach trees, or when the deer come aroud at night and eat the leaves off my peach trees, and then eat my vegitable garden, or when the local heroine junkies drive by and throw their crap all over my yard and I have to pick it up. Those are the kind of things that directly affect me, I don`t care if people in maine, Nebraska or California want to be gay.
I have a gay women who is a prison guard living right down the road, and some gay guys living up at the house on the corner, but I don`t care because they aren`t #ing up my peach trees or throwing needles all over my lawn.
I would rather have all gay people living around here if it meant that the white trash and junkies would leave.

in fact I just told my wife the other day, I noticed that a lot of gay people are buying houses on the island, I hope the island becomes known as a gay safe place on the gay websites because then the gays will buy all the houses and the white trash and junkies will leave.maybe someday my wife and I will be the only straight people on the island and that will be ok, because then all the white trash and junkies will be gone and maybe some of those gay folks will like hunting deer and my peach trees and vegitable garden will survive fine.
edit on 8-8-2017 by Tardacus because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-8-2017 by Tardacus because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 11:11 PM
link   

I guess you do not know what otherkins are. They have human brains although I do not think they are wired correctly.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Oh I know what otherkins are.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 11:17 PM
link   
a reply to: continuousThunder

My 3rd grade science book to answer your question. There were many others like Biology in 9th grade and a genetics class my senior year of high school as well as in college.

In all of these classes. Please don't just point out 3rd grade. I have read papers and sorry, there is a new 'trend' called self identifying. I discard nothing and read quite a bit on many subjects. If you can provide a paper that was written I will give it a read. I have paraphrased quite a bit of the genetic research that has been done. It differs based on race also.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Alright Alien...

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 11:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Tardacus

The point is that it does not matter if they are but if there is a demand for 'laws' that could affect the majority for the minority I do have an issue. I think gay marriage is great because it boosts the economy. Let them pay for weddings and divorce lawyers just like straight people. If a kid wants to identify as something fine as long as it does not affect my family. I see nothing wrong with that. To each there own.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 11:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Tardacus

The point is that it does not matter if they are but if there is a demand for 'laws' that could affect the majority for the minority I do have an issue. I think gay marriage is great because it boosts the economy. Let them pay for weddings and divorce lawyers just like straight people. If a kid wants to identify as something fine as long as it does not affect my family. I see nothing wrong with that. To each there own.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Transgender people know their biological sexes they are born with but the gender in their brains (human brains) are born differently. One can argue that the "otherkins" or "other races" are because there are layers in their brains from thousands or millions of years ago or with Buddhist concept of reincarnation of being other kin or race from past lives. But that is too far out there. Did you know that we have reptilian brains?

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 11:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Vroomfondel

Sitting with your legs too far open or "man spreading" is what you're going to come back with?? LOL

That's not an LGBT argument IMO.

It's funny you mention what an awful thing "being forced to change natural behavior is" with man spreading, but you seem fine forcing LGBT natural behavior into something else you find acceptable.

Does that not seem like a double standard too???

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join