It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Just Want To Say I Told You So. RE: LGBT

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 02:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Just like saying Diesel Dykes. That was not my point. I am talking about young kids and also teens who 'identify'. If you go through the transition from one to another I have absolutely no issue. It is a normal thing. A sex change. Big deal. The issue is identity and making a choice of what sex you are.

There are two sexes and they are based on genetics. That's it. We all start as women at conception. Being a male is a 'mutation' really. Hormones introduced make you a 'male'. As a male we all have female traits like nipples and your penis. They are female parts so in all actuality all men are women. There is also birth order. Almost 30-40% of transexuals or homosexuals are higher in the birth order and having older brothers also affects it. It is biology not a choice.

Just because a boy likes to put on a dress it does not mean he wants to be a women or should Identify just like if a women who does not like dresses she does not want to be a boy.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 02:43 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

So, by and large you're talking about gender and not sex.

The split between sexes that so many believe in is just not as absolute as many think.

Age of the birth mother also seems to be a factor.

The process of gender reassignment is a long, detailed, difficult process. It's really not like you walk in today and they start cutting-and-or-pasting. Psychological evaluation and review is a long-term part of the process.

It's not just "a whim."

(PS, Transvestism is not transgenderism.)

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 02:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs

Just because a boy likes to put on a dress it does not mean he wants to be a women or should Identify just like if a women who does not like dresses she does not want to be a boy.

This is true! Gender dysphoria is more complicated than that. A good therapist who has experience with gender dysphoria knows this.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 03:02 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 03:03 PM
link   
a reply to: LungFuMoShi

I did that on page 16.

The problem is that the agenda in the conspiracy theory isn't necessarily the agenda actually being pushed. The former is probably what people are not willing to accept.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 03:11 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Gender and sex are the same thing. It is recently that they are suddenly different. One is biological and one is cultural now. Why? So a person can say they are Non-binary and it is ok?

I have worked with people who transitioned, two to be exact, and it was not a big deal. Once guy as in his 30's and the other had the op when they were 21. It was a long road for them and it is these people who I feel are exploited by this new generation who wants to make up an identity to pacify their own thought, needs or digression. Once you transition you can legally be another gender. There are only 2. It is also not about appearances either. One looked like they had always been a woman and the other looked liked a fat male cross-dresser. They could care less because inside they were complete but I can remember a few fights with people making fun off them out drinking. It is horrible what they go through without what I consider gender posers who may just be gay or confused. Psychological not biological.

As far as Transgender/transvestite, this is where it all starts to break down. It goes back to the bio vs cultural.

and, what about intersexuals? Those who may be 'assigned' at birth? Again, genetic and not choice.

edit on 08pm31pmf0000002017-08-08T15:55:49-05:000349 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 03:57 PM
link   

No, gender and sex are not the same thing. Not medically, psychologically or scientifically.

I can't help your beliefs about what you think is some liberal conspiracy if you're not willing to face accepted facts and terminology.

You have an opinion about "this new generation" ... that is not unlike every older generation looking at the new ones.

No, transvestism has little if anything to do with gender, gender identity, sex, or sexual preference. It is a paraphilia ... a "kink" as it were. It's the term that describes getting sexual pleasure from cross-dressing.

Transgender is related to gender identity, not, per se, sexual interests.

Yes, the existence of intersexed individuals puts the lie to the idea that there are only two sexes.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 04:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm
a reply to: ScepticScot

I would hope so. It's hard to tell when it's in text form so it's easy to miss it sometimes. I miss it quite a lot because around here people say stuff that you'd normally understand as not being literal and yet they actually are being literal.

So if I didn't pick up what you were laying down that's why.

It's just hard to tell sometimes around here figuring out the difference between what someone says and what they mean.

Poe's law certainly applies on this site.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 04:08 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 04:12 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 04:12 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 04:18 PM
link   

This is not about a liberal conspiracy to be honest. You may think so. Some in here may think so. But medically, scientifically and biologically there are 2 sexes and two genders for Homo sapiens.

I do not have an opinion. I am pointing out some facts that a 'new generation' is creating new gender identities. It is fallacy.

As far as intersexual, they are still male or female based on genetics. Biology. Science. People can be born without or multiple appendages other than sexual organs.

Good conversation though...

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 04:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: testingtesting
Seeing it is thought 10% of people are gay all you are showing is more people are coming out due to the acceptance of society not all gay folk come out hence still less then 10%.
Oh did you decide you was straight?

Where did you get that number? The most flexible surveys I've seen say no more than ~3%, and CDC determined it was 1.6%

www.npr.org...

www.slate.com...

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 04:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

No, gender and sex are not the same thing. Not medically, psychologically or scientifically.

Yes, they are.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 04:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs

This is not about a liberal conspiracy to be honest. You may think so. Some in here may think so. But medically, scientifically and biologically there are 2 sexes and two genders for Homo sapiens.

I do not have an opinion. I am pointing out some facts that a 'new generation' is creating new gender identities. It is fallacy.

As far as intersexual, they are still male or female based on genetics. Biology. Science. People can be born without or multiple appendages other than sexual organs.

Good conversation though...

Of course it's not about a liberal conspiracy; I'm glad to know you don't think so. There are those, however, who do.

Sorry, on the rest of the subject here .. we disagree. Further the only FACTS here are that a) it is a scientific fact that while sex is easily distinguished into male and female, the actual physiological realities are indeed on a spectrum.

As far as gender goes ... what information source will you accept? The AMA, APA, textbooks, academic papers, etc.?

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 04:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Teikiatsu

originally posted by: Gryphon66

Yes, they are.

No, they patently are not. What you believe is your issue alone; it's not factual.

See also the American Medical Association, the American Psychiatric Association, etc.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 04:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien
POST REMOVED BY STAFF

HAHA!! That's awesome....

Ya know, I never really think about LGBT community.... Certainly not enough to post a long diatribe on a forum....

Then again, I'm not apart of the LGBT community, and I'm also mature enough to not be intimidated by the sexuality of others.
edit on Tue Aug 8 2017 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 04:58 PM
link   
double post
edit on 8-8-2017 by GD21D because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 05:11 PM
link   

My 3rd grade science book to answer your question. There were many others like Biology in 9th grade and a genetics class my senior year of high school as well as in college.

I am talking about Homo Sapiens. There are 2 sexes and there are two genders. That's it. Some reptiles are asexual and can reproduce on their own. Some fish can also.

However, Physiological deals with of behavior and/or reactions of animals or living creatures. That would include being a transvestite. However, it does not apply to transgender. Are there outside influences? Yes. Is it all black and white? No. However, when it comes down to it, there is only male and female in humans. You can feel a different way but that does not make it true.

If it makes someone feel better to identify, I could care less. I truly could. It is when something that is a 'feeling' or a 'personal choice' that dictates law that affects others is where the issue comes into play for me. I also feel it is a detriment to those who truly are trapped in the wrong body.

new topics

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join