It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Marijuana devastated Colorado, don’t legalize it nationally

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 01:21 PM
link   
the full national decriminalization of Cannabis would be the single most status quo destroying force in the american experience and this is exactly what we need and exactly why they will not give it to us.

you notice, even though several states have legalized the behind the scenes efforts are to gain the upper hand EVENTUALLY through regulation and other mechanisms that will ultimately give large corporation the control they are accustomed to.

people who supported legalization for humanitarian, health or other reasons cannot afford to relent or relax in their fight in the slightest. Lets remember who we are up against here and what we stand to lose or gain.

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 01:22 PM
link   
a reply to: feldercarb
At the bottom of the page it states

Jeff Hunt is the Vice President of Public Policy at Colorado Christian University.

And we expect an unbiased analysis......please.......DUH!

link   
Who thinks we can prove bs propiganda in 30 seconds or less

www.washingtonpost.com...

Teen use unchanged
Arrest down
Dui is ... unchanged

thehill.com...

Drug overdoses also down

For some reasion the op artical hase 0 links to data to back it up ... hmm

link   
a reply to: tribal

Regulation is a good thing... I don't want to smoke any pot that has had dangerous pesticides sprayed on it.

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Also, he claims that studies show that marijuana use is causing minority students to fail courses in universities in Colorado.

That sounds just a little odd.
Non minorities are doing just fine, and not failing their coursework.
Maybe the minorities should get some lessons on how to study properly while stoned.

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 01:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

So? Clearly legalization isn't preventing these people from smoking and driving. So clearly the correlation there is false. People who are going to smoke and drive are going to do it regardless of the legality. It's not like people don't drink and drive even though it is super illegal.

And I'm all for the same restrictions (Well I wouldn't make them AS tight as alcohol since pot isn't even as close to as dangerous as alcohol but definitely can't be a free-for-all).
edit on 7-8-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 01:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Or fentanyl...like they're finding in weed in southern Ohio and Indiana.

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 01:26 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Alcohol is legal to be controlled. If it were illegal teenagers would be going blind from uncle johnny's mooshine, and they would be buying it where people sell other drugs not controlled with no way of knowing what's in them. .

Science over superstition and anecdotal evidence makes a safer place.
edit on 7-8-2017 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 01:28 PM
link   
I am all for legalization, but am against penalties for those that choose not to legalize. Let the states decide for themselves one way or the other.

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 01:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wardaddy454

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

I was literally JUST in Colorado like 2 or 3 weeks ago. It isn't some lawless dystopia. In FACT, it's actually quite pleasant and all the people are super nice. Denver is a super safe city.

ETA:

Jeff Hunt is the Vice President of Public Policy at Colorado Christian University. Follow him on Twitter: @jeffhunt.

Ugh... One of those busy body Christians who tell you your business and can't stand people smoking that "Devil's Weed".

Did you go all over Denver, or did you literally JUST stick to the tourist areas...

I went all over. I have a bunch of friends who moved out there so I stayed with them and bounced around their houses while out there. Did a HELL of a lot of walking around the city too (very clean city).

Every big city (except Chicago probably) has a pleasant and unpleasnt side. Got anything besides your anecdotal visit? otherwise I can offer my experience there while on a job six months ago.

Fine...
Denver Crime Rate

One's chance of becoming a victim of either violent or property crime here is one in 24. Within Colorado, more than 89% of the communities have a lower crime rate than Denver. However, compared to other communities of similar population size, Denver has a crime rate that is noticeably lower than the average.

Now I'm sure you'll post this link to counter that, but keep in mind that the way percentages work is that the lower the number, the bigger the percentage change when that number changes. All things considered, the city is still pretty safe.
edit on 7-8-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 01:29 PM
link   
This opinion piece could easily be from the 1950's, as it reeks of "Refer Madness" !!!

Please, fundamental Christianity is just as bad as any other extreme opinion. Use of the word "devastated" in this opinion piece is hyperbole at best, and an outright lie at worst.

Choose and research your sources carefully. Don't just Google your opinion to find someone that agrees with you that contains no empirical data whatsoever and post it here. It's simply childish IMO.

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Or not know how strong it is.

I don't like to chug a pint of vodka after work if I meet someone for a beer. I like knowing it's a beer and I can most likely operate my body fine after one. Vs, I wonder if it's a beer or 190 proof.

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 01:35 PM
link   

More accurately stated, "some Bible thumper named Jeff Hunt is devastated by legalized marijuana."

Far as I can tell, Colorado is doing just fine.

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Of course. The most sensible place to draw the line is not with deciding which form of inebriant should be legal and which shouldn't. Why should the government tell me what I can do with my own body or consciousness?

No, the line should logically be drawn where that particular inebriant starts to become an active danger to other people. And not a hypothetical danger to hypothetical people. Because if you're going to start outlawing stuff because it might potentially be harmful, then we're really going to have to get rid of alcohol... and double cheeseburgers. Those babies are jacking up my insurance rates like crazy. Or even... Internet usage! Studies have proven that sitting around playing on the Internet too much is extremely bad for people, both physically and mentally.

We tried prohibition in the United States, and it didn't work. It just helped create organized crime. We, as a society, have agreed that getting drunk or high is something we want to do.
edit on 7-8-2017 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 01:46 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueJacket
herb.co...

Not yet atleast ... and probly not ever ... people no longer wish to buy low quality moldy bud that has been sprayed with other drugs to sell

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 01:48 PM
link   
If you legalize the devils lettuce, this could be you.

Just don't do it.

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 01:49 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 01:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks
If you legalize the devils lettuce, this could be you.

Just don't do it.

I dunno... I feel like that black dude would fare better under police custody as a white guy.

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Yeah but a tincture could send you over. It's not always smoked. And when folks start making concentrates they need to be regulated closely. The refining process can elevate the levels of anything from the intoxicant to the fertilizers.

Eta Colorado has done a good job at adapting to those concerns.
edit on 7-8-2017 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 01:54 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join