It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump holding meetings with religious leaders

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 01:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah

originally posted by: silo13
a reply to: CB328

Good for him! It's about time we brought God back into the White House where he belongs.

Hopefully next will be allowing god back in our schools. Get rid of the sickening evil passing for 'science' and 'improving social interaction' CRAP.

peace

If that's how you really feel, I think you belong in Saudi Arabia, hon. Or maybe just go back to Sicily & deal with the unsavory figments there?

Ny...

Have you ever been to Sicily?

My next door neighbour...

The mafia is there yes but not like it was back in the 60s, 70s, 80s and 90s...

AND definately not NOW as Eastern block mafia have taken over everything : Romania and Hungary.

I go to the south of France about 50 times per year... everything is "fixed" in advance by the local mafia who are no longer Italian.

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 03:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lagomorphe

originally posted by: Nyiah

a reply to: CB328

Good for him! It's about time we brought God back into the White House where he belongs.

Hopefully next will be allowing god back in our schools. Get rid of the sickening evil passing for 'science' and 'improving social interaction' CRAP.

peace

If that's how you really feel, I think you belong in Saudi Arabia, hon. Or maybe just go back to Sicily & deal with the unsavory figments there?

Ny...

Have you ever been to Sicily?

My next door neighbour...

The mafia is there yes but not like it was back in the 60s, 70s, 80s and 90s...

AND definately not NOW as Eastern block mafia have taken over everything : Romania and Hungary.

I go to the south of France about 50 times per year... everything is "fixed" in advance by the local mafia who are no longer Italian.

Lags, my point was she can suck it up & deal with the secular government & schooling here (exactly the way it f#ing should be) instead of pushing one religious school of thought on all.
OR, she can go somewhere with a theocratic government where she as a woman has zero choice in things anyway (a taste of the Make-America-Christian-Again Dominionism, except, it being SA, from the Koran) or go back to deal with the mob. Again, thus having no choice in that matter. Neither pan out well for the masses, so why would one of them work here? If that's the way someone wants ish to work, countries already exist under those terms. The door's riiiight there.
edit on 8/7/2017 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 04:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

Pretty much says it all for me.

God Bless America.

peace

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 04:49 PM
link   
a reply to: silo13

Do you mean the fact that Money is your God and that is what you actually worship???

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 04:51 PM
link   

a reply to: Nyiah

Pretty much says it all for me.

God Bless America.

peace

The Red Scare and the fact that Republicans were terrified of the Russians say it all for you?

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 04:54 PM
link   

No, it says "In 1957, people were stupid and afraid of the USSR, so they sure showed them commies by putting "god" on money!"

Our money never said this before then, and before 1954, it wasn't said in the Pledge, either. The commies skeerded us, waaah.

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 05:06 PM
link   
He should be meeting with religious leaders. Religious people make up the VAST majority of the U.S. population. It's like 80 plus percent.

I know some of you think religious people should be ignored, probably more than a few of you think worse should be done, but it's not going to happen anytime soon.

Deal with it . . . ya heathens

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 05:11 PM
link   
a reply to: imwilliam

religious people make up 80% of the population???
really???
you really believe this country would be in the state it is in if 80% of the population were bible believing christians??
do you live in a cave or what???

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 05:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: imwilliam
He should be meeting with religious leaders. Religious people make up the VAST majority of the U.S. population. It's like 80 plus percent.

I know some of you think religious people should be ignored, probably more than a few of you think worse should be done, but it's not going to happen anytime soon.

Deal with it . . . ya heathens

There's a lot of religious people in the US, I would argue that being an Atheist is a religion in and of itself. However, the Christian, Evangelical, Right wing subgroup is not 80%, it's 10% at best. The people Trump met with are the types of people who do things like put bumper stickers on their car that say "Jesus would be alive today if he had a gun".

It's an extremist wing of a single religion, the American Taliban.

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 05:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar

really???
you really believe this country would be in the state it is in if 80% of the population were bible believing christians??

Well, that's problem #1. Most Christians do not live by church teachings or the bible, and then when they fail to live up to it they excuse it by saying it's an ideal and they're flawed. Rather than hold themselves to a higher standard they look in the other direction.

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 05:29 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

Well, according to every source I found, yeah it's about 80 percent.

Here is one:

ABC NEWS/BELIEFENET POLL

Bunches of others, all that I found say about the same thing. About 13 percent have no religion, rest do.

You find any that say different? Post them. I personally don't know every person that resides in the U.S, so I rely on polls, studies and the like.

Now that's not very nice, or even germane to the topic.

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Here is another one:

10 Facts About Religion in America

It puts "unaffiliated" at 23%, so that would be 77% religiously affiliated? I'm not sure that "affiliated" means religious and "unaffiliated" means non-religious.

But there's another one, just shy of 80%.

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 05:38 PM
link   

I don't care what Religious people want to do as long as they keep their religious BS out of our Secular Government. You know, like our fore fathers did who were also religious, but also smart enough to separate them.

Go be religious and play make believe on your own time. This has nothing to do with not liking Christianity either. We don't need any Religious BS infecting the Government, be it Christian, Muslim, Voodoo or anything else.

Christians seem to think it's all good because it's their Religion, or at least a branch or it in any case. They just can't imagine what the big deal is. Well wait until they lose their grip on power and it's taken over by Islam or Mormonism or some other new age religion and watch them all throw a fit over it.

I believe there is a story in the bible about Satan tempting Christ by promising him power over everything he could see. But Christ said no to such temptations. You Christians should try reading your bible stories once in a while. Occasionally there is some wisdom in there you might find useful.

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 05:41 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

Tell me you're being sarcastic.

Just in case you're not being sarcastic?

No, I do not worship money. I worship the Almighty creator of the universe. The creator of me. The one who loves me and called me to His heart. His son who gave his own life for mine and anyone who asks. The Holy Spirit who is my comforter in all things.

I guess you're just not called. How sad.

peace

edit on 0542Monday201713 by silo13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 05:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

That's because there is no standard or any type of measurement which qualifies anyone as any religion. You just call yourself a member and you are.

Anyone at any time can say they're Christian and they are. People do it all the time. There isn't any determining factor which is actually relied upon though. Some people almost never go to Church or read the bible or know anything about scripture but can still say they're Christian.

But are they?? Well, sure, since you don't actually need to act like a good Christian or anything to be one anyway.

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 05:51 PM
link   

I was being kind of sarcastic possibly. But really I was asking a question.

I mean you're the one who put up a picture of money with God written on it after all.

You honestly think God would be supportive about that???

The all powerful entity who commanded "No Graven Images" and "No worshiping False Idols". You really think he'd be like, "Ya, put me all over your money which has consumed people's primary purpose and goal in life."??

I doubt it.

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 05:52 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

I don't care what Religious people want to do as long as they keep their religious BS out of our Secular Government

Go be religious and play make believe on your own time.

Yeah, the problem, for you and your ilk at least, is that the VAST majority of the population is religious, these people's religion is going to inform/influence their decisions/positions on political matters.

Full stop, Period.

That's reality and there's nothing you can do about it.

Well, that's not true, you could try and persuade, that might be effective, but insulting the majority of people in the county isn't likely to move things in the direction you'd like to see them go.

So get a handle on your anger issues, lay out a calm rational case, you're not doing your side any good as it is.

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 05:54 PM
link   

That's reality and there's nothing you can do about it. 

Actually we can. It's called the First Amendment.

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 06:02 PM
link   
I can claim I'm a queen also, saying so doesn't make me one though..

I'm sorry, but if anything close to 80% of the population were even trying to live a christian life, we wouldn't be having close to half of the babies being born out of wedlock, half of the marriages wouldn't be ending in divorce, and, well... half of the voters in this country wouldn't have voted for a lying, pussy grabber for president some of whom believing that he was "God's anointed one".

na, if this country had that high of a percentage of christians in it, I'm sorry but we wouldn't have been presented with liars and cheats as options for high offices to begin with!!

christians shouldn't be ignored any more than anyone else, but they shouldn't be treated as special or given a stronger voice either really. and when you consider that it's just a small segment of the "christians" in this country that are meeting with trump, and I know this group, I was a member of it for years.... unless you belong to their little group, they probably can come up with a hundred or so technicalities as to why you aren't a christian.. you weren't baptised right, you don't end your prayers right, you don't believe in the holy spirit, and on and on...
so if it's them claiming that the nation is 80% christian, I dare say they are misrepresenting their own beliefs!!

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 06:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Deaf Alien

Actually we can. It's called the First Amendment.

The first amendment doesn't prevent religious people taking into account their religious beliefs when establishing a political position or making a political decision.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join