It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump holding meetings with religious leaders

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 07:34 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

'Give unto Caesar' comes to mind but to the point - I don't think He cares, as long as we're not 'idolizing' money, which as Christians we're not supposed to do.

It's my belief people focus on 'money' in the respect of idolatry far to often - because it's easy to do so.

There are many other 'idols' we're confronted with though which are even more harmful than money.

Like? You may ask?

Spending too much time on ATS. Or, video and/or online games. Movies or ‘rock stars’.

Food. Cars. Clothes. Focusing too much on work, or play for that matter...

Allowing social media to dictate how we feel about ourselves, ANYTHING that takes our mind off things that are good and kind and pure and beneficial for our souls.

Money, in my opinion is much farther down on the list than many things as - well - we're not all blessed with tons of money, but we all are surrounded by so many other 'idols' in the 'hiding'.

peace

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 07:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Deaf Alien

No, lol, 'gay people', would not be in jail.

But they wouldn't be allowed to infiltrate the schools, etc.

Not the media.

It's an abomination, when you're an 'acting' homosexual, but there are many homosexuals who remain so without 'practicing'.

I knew a handful myself...

peace

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 07:39 PM
link   
a reply to: silo13

Better still might be, "For the love of money is the root of all evil."

Or,

"It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God."

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 07:40 PM
link   

The Moral Majority actually pushed for gay men being put in jail. They had a lot of political influence during the Reagan era. You can laugh all you want but it's reality.

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 07:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Deaf Alien

What do you mean? How am I trying to obfuscate? Do the evangelical Christians of the Fundamentalist variety speak for the majority of Christians? Do the millionaire pastors of megachurches speak for the majority of Christians? Do Pence and Ted Cruz who believe in the Dominion Theology speak for the majority of Christians?

You do know that you can start your own thread, don't you? You don't have to hijack someone else's and drag it where you want to go.

Here is the op:

Well, what a surprise. Trump is having a bunch of meetings with religious leaders, but is he having meetings with atheist leaders, or humanist leaders, or agnostic, or scientific leaders? Somehow I don't think so. These people already have far too much power in America and have had for decades, why are we bringing them into the white house and focusing on outdated, unproven and regressive beliefs and cultures? Not to mention the government isn't supposed to be espousing any religions, so it could be unconstitutional as well if he makes policies based on these meetings.

Notice, nothing about the short comings of the religious leaders, other than that they are religious. The op doesn't say "bad" religious leaders have "too much power" just religious people. He isn't limiting his criticism to Mega Church Pastors, Dominionists, Tel evangelists or any other "bad" sort of religious person. He is criticizing all religious people, he's criticizing the notion that religious people were at the White House; that religious people might be given the presidents ear, that he would consider their concerns and such.

That's the topic presented in the op as far as I can tell.

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 07:45 PM
link   
a reply to: imwilliam

He is asking why he is not meeting with other leaders. It's a good question. Can you answer that one? If he is meeting with people of various backgrounds and religions then I wouldn't have any problem with it.

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Spending too much time on ATS.

Amen to that

Now, and those of you who work for a living will understand, I need to go to bed and get some sleep so I'm bright eyed and bushy tailed for work tomorrow.

Night all

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 07:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: CB328
Well, what a surprise. Trump is having a bunch of meetings with religious leaders, but is he having meetings with atheist leaders, or humanist leaders, or agnostic, or scientific leaders? Somehow I don't think so. These people already have far too much power in America and have had for decades, why are we bringing them into the white house and focusing on outdated, unproven and regressive beliefs and cultures? Not to mention the government isn't supposed to be espousing any religions, so it could be unconstitutional as well if he makes policies based on these meetings.

www.christianpost.com...

Political really not holding prayer meetings or snake handling. He does the snake handling when he messes with the press. He has a tolerance for rattle snake venom. lol

But no anything thats constitutionally protected isnt going to pose a fatal constitutional issue. Beside where did you get the idea that this amounts to espousing a religion?

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 07:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan
The a reply to: imwilliam

Religious does not mean Christian. Furthermore, no true Christian would be supportive of trying to create a Christian state or of throwing God on all the money, much less the statues such as the ten commandments being put up at courthouses. Jesus was against each and every one of those.

Jesus was not 'against' the ten commandments... He came to replace the law as there is no way by living in the law you can ever truly become righteous. But, we are still to adhere to the ten commandments.

peace

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 07:50 PM
link   

But the people meeting with Trump are Televangelists, Mega Church Pastors, Dominionists, Prosperity Gospel Preachers, etc.

So maybe the OP figured that those reading about who it actually was that is meeting the president would illustrate that point.

I mean I could be wrong of course. Only the OP knows for sure what he meant. But that's what I personally understood it to be since I don't know too many people who are concerned about the president meeting with "Good" people, christian or not.

The fact that he's meeting with these specific religious leaders stands out for anyone familiar with these people and what they're up to.

But I suppose we'll have to ask the OP to be sure.

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 09:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar

how have they ever been excluded from the process? christians have one vote, just like every one else, they can write to their representatives, just like everyone else, what the heck, a person can't even be elected into high office, unless they at least pretend to be christian it seems!!
so now, trump is meeting many groups of christians it sounds like, many, many meetings.... so that the christian leaders can voice their concerns!! what the heck concerns do the christians have??? I seem to pass about ten churches just on my way to the city, which is only a 15 minute ride... their right to gather in worship doesn't seem to be an issue!! their right to knock on my door and urge me to attend their church seems to take precedence over my right to be able to not have to painfully walk to the door and open it for them! name me one concern that they have that doesn't involve meddling in how other people live their lives or in some way denying others the rights that the rest of us take for granted!!!

1st amendment.

Freedom of religion.

You gots no religion?

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 09:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm
a reply to: dawnstar

Frank Amedia. Trumps Christian policy advisor. The same guy who likes to tell his story about how he, with Gods help of course, stopped a Tsunami from hitting land where his daughter was while she was on the phone with him.

Because it's always good to have a Wizard that thinks they can control the weather as an advisor to the President.

Lol, you really want to go there?

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 09:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: burgerbuddy

Frank Amedia. Trumps Christian policy advisor. The same guy who likes to tell his story about how he, with Gods help of course, stopped a Tsunami from hitting land where his daughter was while she was on the phone with him.

Because it's always good to have a Wizard that thinks they can control the weather as an advisor to the President.

Aren't you forgetting something?

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 09:22 PM
link   

It's good that Christians are a majority in the US. If they weren't I believe many of you would be gladly throwing us to the lions

why, has the economy gotten so bad that the zoos can't come up with the funds to feed their animals???
peta's answer would be to let all those animals loose to roam the streets and hunt their own food.

so, what are their concerns?? exterminate islam from the world?? women's right to birth control and abortion? "putting God back into our schools"?? just what concerns do they have the aren't shared by the non-christians in the country??

if I were to take a guess, it would be that too many of that "majority christian population" has decided to take advantage of their free will and not follow every dictate of the church leaderships. so, of course they want the gov't to put some roadblocks in their way to keep them from them taking advantage of their free will.
if they can't keep their flock in line via the pulpit, they will try to legislate that christian morality through legal means...

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 09:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien

Aren't you forgetting something?

I saw that dude on the left get his ass kicked last nite.

lol.

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 09:25 PM
link   
He's trying to figure out who's god can cut him the best deal for his sins?

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 09:31 PM
link   
a reply to: burgerbuddy
my religion is no one's business!! wish other's would feel the same way about theirs!!

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 09:40 PM
link   

No. I'm just here to listen to myself talk.

Of course I want to go there. By all means, let's go already. Do I have to draw everyone a map or what???

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 09:51 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

what I find myself wondering is weather these religious leaders
first... actually believe all the stuff that comes out of their mouths? I find this doubtful really..
so I then ask... are they just lying to their flock, or are they also lying to the president...
which would be rather scary really since they seem to be holding him up as having been given some special task by god...
does trump really believe that god is "downloading information" into his brain?? and that's just one of the things that are being said about god and his relationship with trump... I find that rather doubtful also really, unless trump really is delusional..
my guess is the flock is being jerked around by both trump and the religious leaders.

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 10:08 PM
link   

You know I've often wondered that myself. I mean some of the stuff these people say and claim is so extremely delusional you think to yourself how can anyone not only believe this crap, but how the hell can they even say it. I mean it's so damn ridiculous any normal person wouldn't even attempt saying it.

But then I realized something. Many of these people aren't rational to begin with. Nor is the environment in which they live requiring them to be in order for them to succeed. So it not only doesn't harm them to make this stuff up but actually rewards them for it.

Now, that's not to say they all believe their own BS. Some I'm sure just simply have no shame at all about what they're doing. Or perhaps might just be compulsive liars or something too. But some of them, probably more than you'd think actually believe their own crazy BS. It seems strange to you and me for example because the rational part of us at the very least understands reality from a rational perspective so there are limits to what we will accept just on someone's word alone. But these people aren't rational, nor are they pressured to be rational. In fact they are conditioned to told to not trust that kind of thinking from early on.

I imagine it would be like a cult leader. You're in a position where all around you people DO believe the crazy stuff you say and the crazier the better most times. You're treated as special and unique and revered for it. After a while you probably start thinking, "Hell, I am special. Maybe I really am magic. Maybe God really does listen and create miracles upon my request." I mean who knows. But some I honestly do think believe what they are saying. Which is scary as hell too. Someone who knows they're lying knows there is a limit somewhere that they can't go beyond or they'll be found out. Someone who believes their own BS will be able to quite far and do it with confidence which also attracts others to believe in them as well.

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join