It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump holding meetings with religious leaders

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 05:44 AM
link   
Well, what a surprise. Trump is having a bunch of meetings with religious leaders, but is he having meetings with atheist leaders, or humanist leaders, or agnostic, or scientific leaders? Somehow I don't think so. These people already have far too much power in America and have had for decades, why are we bringing them into the white house and focusing on outdated, unproven and regressive beliefs and cultures? Not to mention the government isn't supposed to be espousing any religions, so it could be unconstitutional as well if he makes policies based on these meetings.

www.christianpost.com...

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 05:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: CB328
Well, what a surprise. Trump is having a bunch of meetings with religious leaders, but is he having meetings with atheist leaders, or humanist leaders, or agnostic, or scientific leaders? Somehow I don't think so. These people already have far too much power in America and have had for decades, why are we bringing them into the white house and focusing on outdated, unproven and regressive beliefs and cultures? Not to mention the government isn't supposed to be espousing any religions, so it could be unconstitutional as well if he makes policies based on these meetings.

www.christianpost.com...

First you start with what is considered the "good", then if necessary, you educate yourself with what people would say "these people are lunatics".

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 05:53 AM
link   
a reply to: CB328
Are atheists, humanists, agnostics, and scientists organised enough to have genuine national leaders?

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 05:56 AM
link   

This is the main reason I cannot ever be a Republican again. Evangelicals have totally corrupted the teachings of Jesus . They want to force their way of living through the force of law. He turned down political power when Satan offered him the kingdoms of earth. Christians should follow their teacher's example.

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 05:57 AM
link   
180-odd days in office, 40 of them spent at the golf course. So that's what, about 22% of his time as President he's spent playing golf?

Three times as much holiday as Obama.

13 of his 28 weekends at Mar El Lago instead of in the office working.

It's amazing he has any time for meetings with anybody given all the leisure time he's taking.

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 06:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Painterz
180-odd days in office, 40 of them spent at the golf course. So that's what, about 22% of his time as President he's spent playing golf?

Three times as much holiday as Obama.

13 of his 28 weekends at Mar El Lago instead of in the office working.

It's amazing he has any time for meetings with anybody given all the leisure time he's taking.

What do you do on your weekends after a week of work?

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 06:41 AM
link   
I have to spend the whole weekend destressing because I have to actually do real work for an evil corporation who exploits me so the executives can live like kings.

Trump should be trying to fix that instead of playing.

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 07:21 AM
link   

I have to spend the whole weekend destressing because I have to actually do real work for an evil corporation who exploits me so the executives can live like kings.

Have you really given any thought as of why you like to have the loose around your neck? Maybe you are too well educated to plant your own garden to help you survive.

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Amedia, along with fellow prophet Lance Wallnau, had declared Trump’s divine anointing in 2015. Amedia served the Trump campaign as a volunteer “liaison for Christian policy,” making him part of the early “amen corner” of prosperity gospel preachers—like Trump’s “spiritual adviser” Paula White—and Christian dominionists who rallied around Trump at a time when most institutional Religious Right figures were still trying to make Ted Cruz the Republican nominee. Amedia, Wallnau and others talked about Trump as a modern-day version of King Cyrus, an ancient Persian king who was not a believer but was used by God to help the Jewish people. While many conservative hearts sank when Trump’s “grab ‘em by the pussy” tape was revealed, Amedia and Wallnau rejoiced that God was humbling Trump to prepare him for the greatness ahead.

In January, shortly before Trump’s inauguration, POTUS Shield gathered in D.C. to pray for Trump’s family and administration and to “discern, declare and decree the strategies of the Lord for our nation.” Among their concrete goals: get rid of federal judges whose rulings are not to their liking; end legal abortion; stop same-sex couples from getting married; bring “official” prayer and Bible reading into the nation’s public schools; and make America the Christian nation they believe it was meant to be.

www.rightwingwatch.org...

they are counting on a chronic, habitual liar to establish their christian nation... it's a divine anointing according to them! they should read their bible some, and just see what god thinks of liars!! It's my understanding that they ALL have a place in the lake of fire. a ton of lies, told by a bunch of liars, as a foundation of a "christian nation", seems to me it would be right in the middle of that lake of fire!!!

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 09:48 AM
link   

The problem with evangelicals and their influence in the White House is that they're not interested in improving society or the environment. They're all about facilitating the 2nd coming of Christ and Armageddon.

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 10:55 AM
link   

So instead of getting out there, starting your own business and working for yourself, you choose to work for someone else, and blame your own problems on Trump because he takes weekends off.

Do you possess even one marketable skill, or did his golfing pastime somehow rob you of that as well? If you do, you might consider doing something to better your situation, just like millions of other Americans do every day, rather than whining about it and blaming other people for your own failures. This is the second negative thread I've seen from you today. Perhaps if you used that energy for something more positive, you wouldn't be in the situation you're in.

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Good for him! It's about time we brought God back into the White House where he belongs.

Hopefully next will be allowing god back in our schools. Get rid of the sickening evil passing for 'science' and 'improving social interaction' CRAP.

peace

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 01:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: DISRAELI
Are atheists, humanists, agnostics, and scientists organised enough to have genuine national leaders?

The scientists are. I often wonder why our government leaders don't talk with
Stephen Hawking, Elon musk, Roger Penrose or any of these people here superscholar.org...

I'm not saying do what they say. I'm also not saying they shouldn't hear from religious leaders ether.
But we have to admit that the religious do not represent all US citizens.

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Nostradamus foretold of this in Quatrain 43.

"Lo, the Orange One will in in thyne chair with thyne legal pad and thus will hold meetings with many people all the time."

Spooky, isn't it!

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 02:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: DISRAELI

Yes. Look it up. Google is your freind.

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 02:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: silo13

Good for him! It's about time we brought God back into the White House where he belongs.

Hopefully next will be allowing god back in our schools. Get rid of the sickening evil passing for 'science' and 'improving social interaction' CRAP.

peace

Yeah, let's have a theocratic nation. That sounds good. And let's get rid of subjects like science in school. Our kids can pick up the garbage when they grow up.

/sarc

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 05:46 PM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep

Just for the record, many scientists are also religious. In fact, here's an excerpt from an article about a religious study done at Rice University.

“We found that nearly 50 percent of evangelicals believe that science and religion can work together and support one another,” Ecklund said. “That’s in contrast to the fact that only 38 percent of Americans feel that science and religion can work in collaboration.”

The study also found that 18 percent of scientists attended weekly religious services, compared with 20 percent of the general U.S. population; 15 percent consider themselves very religious (versus 19 percent of the general U.S. population); 13.5 percent read religious texts weekly (compared with 17 percent of the U.S. population); and 19 percent pray several times a day (versus 26 percent of the U.S. population).

Misconceptions of science and religion found in new study

If you notice, scientists only lagged 2-7% behind the general public in the areas noted in the 2nd paragraph. I pointed that out because there's no guarantee that the scientists you mentioned reflect the majority views of other scientists when it comes to science, atheism, and religion. Plus, there are also Jewish, Hindu, and Muslim scientists all over the country (Christian scientists too, obviously). Do the people you mentioned represent them, too?

Also, the OP should mention that is was a meeting with Christian leaders, not with religious leaders in general.

ETA: Here's a excerpt from a 2009 Pew Research survey:

According to the poll, just over half of scientists (51%) believe in some form of deity or higher power; specifically, 33% of scientists say they believe in God, while 18% believe in a universal spirit or higher power. By contrast, 95% of Americans believe in some form of deity or higher power, according to a survey of the general public conducted by the Pew Research Center in July 2006. Specifically, more than eight-in-ten Americans (83%) say they believe in God and 12% believe in a universal spirit or higher power. Finally, the poll of scientists finds that four-in-ten scientists (41%) say they do not believe in God or a higher power, while the poll of the public finds that only 4% of Americans share this view.

Scientists and Belief

Even though it showed that the percentage of scientists who believed in God or a higher being was significantly less than the general public's beliefs, it still showed that a slight majority of scientists believed. So it still supports the idea that most scientists here are religious to some degree, which is the opposite of the stereotypes that scientists are atheists or that science is incompatible with religion.

edit on 6-8-2017 by enlightenedservant because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-8-2017 by enlightenedservant because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 05:57 PM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

To be even more specific he met with 100 Evangelical Leaders. So not even other branches of Christianity were there. The Evangelical Cult seems to be grabbing the power of the throne more than anyone lately.

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 01:16 AM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

I don't think you understand yet what is going on in the U.S.

Read the whole article POTUS Shield: Trump’s Dominionist Prayer Warriors and the ‘Prophetic Order of the United States’

These people, these Apostles and Prophets who get their guidance directly from their deity are anti every Christian Denomination including Anglican. They are literally declaring Donald Trump to be the Messiah in the model of Cyrus the Great.

Back in the 1970s there was a guy called the Apostle Gregory in the Los Angeles Basin area. He was the top guy, the cult figure. But he died and his following pretty much tried to be a regular denomination. I was a member of that cult for 3 whole weeks. It took that long to figure out what their burning passion, their kerygma was. "I have the channel to the god, you must listen to me or suffer horribly by the hand of the god." That's it. They cloaked their kerygma behind a Christian mask.

Now, upon the same authority by which 2nd Isaiah declared Cyrus to be the Messiah (chosen to restore Jerusalem) these Apostles and Prophets are declaring Donald Trump to be the Messiah(chosen to restore undivided Jerusalem. And hand the U.S. over to the rulership of Jerusalem).

If that doesn't strike you as not quite anti-Christian then ...

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 01:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: silo13

peace

If that's how you really feel, I think you belong in Saudi Arabia, hon. Or maybe just go back to Sicily & deal with the unsavory figments there?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join