It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In your opinion where does Canada stand if there is a WW3

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2005 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Well, in my humble opinion I would hope Canada would stand with America. Just like friends have disagreements on topics does not mean the whole friendship is off. I would also think that an invasion on American's soil would be a threat to Cananda who is not been known to have a strong army. In todays politics and world the enemy that attacks American could easily move onto Canada if they find they like the neighborhood.

posted on Feb, 8 2005 @ 02:30 PM
link   
I am surprised to see so many state that canda would remain 'neutral' or reluctantly on an allied side.

Canada is part of the common wealth. Its supreme leader is the Governor-General, an apointee and representative of the Supreme Leader of the United Kingdom, the Crown itself. Obviously thats a technicality, but I expect that the UK will be able to organize all members of The Commonwealth onto the US side, or, to say the least, whatever side its on.

posted on Feb, 8 2005 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by radagast
the more I think about it, the more I think we should just drop a neutron bomb on Canada. I mean, without hockey, what purpose do they serve ?

Is this the same guy that said to drop the neutron bomb on Iran?
Aside from troll stomping Canada has contributed many things to the world. Heres a few I can think of on the top of my head.
Insulin, washing machines, the telephone(debatable), the paint roller, Superman, IMAX, the electric wheelchair, the canadarm, Trivial Pursuit, Yachtzee, basketball, and peace keepers. Probably some other people here can add to the list

posted on Feb, 8 2005 @ 03:23 PM
link   
I confess to trolling.
I posted an inflammatory post to stir the pot followed by a weak attempt at humor

I ask for forgiveness

posted on Feb, 8 2005 @ 03:29 PM
link   
You're all making this seem clear cut. Yeah, sure, if another WW2 cam ealong, I'm sure Canada would be fighting before America realized there was a war on without them. The problem is that the likelyhood of something like that are slim to nil. I think it's much more likely that the rest of the world gets sick of America pushing it around, and starts to fight back. In that case, I'm sure Canada would be pretty happy to sit things out.

Can you blame us?

Your president comes up here to coerce the prime minister. He ignores the kyoto agreement, he contravenes NAFTA repeatedly. This, along with the antagonistic actions of the American media and flat out hostility of some of your people doesn't exactly give us a reason to come running to your aid. I mean, would you want us? Probably not. There are some fine, friendly american people out there, but as time wears on, they're getting in shorter supply.

DE

posted on Feb, 8 2005 @ 03:32 PM
link   
DE, you know as well as I do some will not be happy regardless of what happens.

posted on Feb, 8 2005 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpittinCobra
DE, you know as well as I do some will not be happy regardless of what happens.

That's true. but I'm sticking to my guns- I'd like to see Canada out of NAFTA, and not touch the War on Terror with a ten foot pole. We have enough problems at home, much less drifting up from the south.

DE

posted on Feb, 8 2005 @ 03:38 PM
link   
In the event of a nuke war (since right now thee is no nation that can effectively evad the US), Canada is a strategically placed. Much of NORAD's detection equipment is based there. And, well, if a nation is nuking the US, Canada ain't all that far away. An ICBM hitting Detroit is going to take Windsor with it.

If there is a land invasion, then Canada (being lightly defended in comparison to the US) would be prime landing grounds. Assuming that a fictitiious nation has the means to break through the US Navy, then the early fighting will be on Canadian soil IMO. Either Canada will stick with the US, or we'll just send our troops that way anyway. Canada couldn't really stay neutral in such a scenario, and they're much better off allied with the US.

posted on Feb, 8 2005 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeusEx
We have enough problems at home, much less drifting up from the south.

DE

Is there not a civil war brewing Up there, and has been for sometime?

I Have a good friend that her goal in life is to be PM of Canada.

Friend I would never ask you to put your guns down.

posted on Feb, 8 2005 @ 03:40 PM
link   
How about this...what happens if the problem is internal, it starts like WWI, with a civil war...YOUR civil war. What then? I'm pretty sure canada would stay out of it, or rather try not to be dragged down into one itself.

DE

posted on Feb, 8 2005 @ 03:42 PM
link   
I dont think that any country in there right mind would enter a civil war here.

posted on Feb, 8 2005 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by cryptorsa1001
Hey Duzey, how bout if we loan you the hillbillies in West Virginia. They shoot at anything that moves, that is why I do not go deer hunting there anymore.

I'm sure they would feel right at home in Alberta

posted on Feb, 8 2005 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeusEx
How about this...what happens if the problem is internal, it starts like WWI, with a civil war...YOUR civil war. What then? I'm pretty sure canada would stay out of it, or rather try not to be dragged down into one itself.

DE

Any conceivable Civil War would be over pretty much once it started. Whoever the Army sides with wins (and the Army ain't splitting up state-by-state like back in the 1860's). After that, stuff either quiets down or we settle in for Iraq Lite, with random bozos setting off car bombs. But since the average American isn't ready to blow up women and children, that really shouldn't be a problem. The continental US becomes LA

Talk of a Civil War is so ludicrious that you might as well say that Canada's Cyborg Unicorns would come in and impale GWB. It's about as likely.

posted on Feb, 8 2005 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpittinCobra
Is there not a civil war brewing Up there, and has been for sometime?

I Have a good friend that her goal in life is to be PM of Canada.

Friend I would never ask you to put your guns down.

Just as much as there's one brewing down there. We have our country divided politically, socially and economically. We have the NDP and the martimes on one side, Quebec and the bloc on another, Liberals in ONtario, conservatives out west, and aboriginals up north, all clamoring and turning on one another. It's a lot less black and white up here- NDP is in a marriage of convience with the Liberals, Bloc and Conservatives going solo, with teh Maritimes and the North clamoring for more money. No one really cares about the other side. Sound familiar?

I wish her luck. I would be happy if everyone toned down the rhetoric, and just concentrated on Canada. A huge problem in our politics is our relationship with the US.

DE

posted on Feb, 8 2005 @ 03:48 PM
link   
At least you Canadians don't have Mexico on your border!!!! So it can't be all that bad up there.

posted on Feb, 8 2005 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Esoterica
Talk of a Civil War is so ludicrious that you might as well say that Canada's Cyborg Unicorns would come in and impale GWB. It's about as likely.

Who told you about those!!! Those were supposed to be a secret........

posted on Feb, 8 2005 @ 03:50 PM
link   

At least you Canadians don't have Mexico on your border!!!! So it can't be all that bad up there.

They have something worse, greedy, selfish americans.

posted on Feb, 8 2005 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Oh man, did you ever leave yourself open on that one...... You get Mexicans coming from the south, we get guns and coc aine..... I don't think either of us is doing to well on that one.

posted on Feb, 8 2005 @ 03:53 PM
link   
So SpittinCobra, I see you are a greedy selfish American. How do you like yourself? Do you always call yourself names? I have seen a few of you guys at parties, always making fun of themselves thinking that people were laughing with them and not at them. Well being a clown and stupid is not the way to go through life. Good Luck!!!

posted on Feb, 8 2005 @ 03:55 PM
link   

So SpittinCobra, I see you are a greedy selfish American. How do you like yourself? Do you always call yourself names? I have seen a few of you guys at parties, always making fun of themselves thinking that people were laughing with them and not at them.

It is what it is.

At least I can admit it. Am I ashamed, yes. What can I do it how we have been breed.

[edit on 8-2-2005 by SpittinCobra]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join