It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In your opinion where does Canada stand if there is a WW3

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2005 @ 09:40 AM
link   
It seems Canada wants little to do with America's war on terrorism. Like other countries Canada wants nothing to do with Iraq or the weponisation of space. Less and less it seems that Canada and America are allies in war.

If there comes a time where there is a WW3 or similar situation what will Canada do? Canada could very well be caught in the cross fire if a country decides to bring war to American soil. This being the case, will Canada stand with her largest partner in trade, or fight against the country it disagrees with in actions of war?

posted on Feb, 8 2005 @ 09:50 AM
link   
I really can't see a scenario in which Canada and the US go at militarily. We are too much alike. We have had our differences but not to the extent that we would start to shoot at each other.

posted on Feb, 8 2005 @ 09:54 AM
link   

I really can't see a scenario in which Canada and the US go at militarily. We are too much alike. We have had our differences but not to the extent that we would start to shoot at each other.

Yeah I would have to agree with that. I don't see any way possible that a Canada vs. USA military struggle could ensue. Canada may not agree with the policies of the US, however, she has always been a good ally, and would not risk a war with the US.

posted on Feb, 8 2005 @ 09:57 AM
link   
I think the question is whether Canada would enter the war on the allied side if a new world war broke out.

posted on Feb, 8 2005 @ 10:00 AM
link   
canada will sit on the sidelines, let american, australian and british blood spill, then criticize us, even though they indirectly or directly benefit from the conflict

whats new ?

posted on Feb, 8 2005 @ 10:04 AM
link   

I think the question is whether Canada would enter the war on the allied side if a new world war broke out.

If push came to shove, and Canada had to enter the war, then yes, I do believe fully that they would enter on the side of the American Allies. Frankly I really don't see that they would have much of a choice in the matter. I don't mean that to sound cavalier. I truly don't see any other choice that they would have.

posted on Feb, 8 2005 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77

I think the would stay out untill attacked, much like the US in WW2

posted on Feb, 8 2005 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Canada is still responsible for defending North America from the North. It's in their own best interest to help America most times..unless..

Say America went to war with France and a European alliance. What then? Canadian civil war?

Total side note - Umbrax, your sig..I hate to be the one to tell you, but fire can be fought by fire, and not always by water. To extinguish oil fires, explosions are detonated to rob the fire of its fuel. Try putting out an electrical fire with water..see how far that gets you.

[edit on 8-2-2005 by WyrdeOne]

posted on Feb, 8 2005 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Actually, Canada is participating in wargames along with the US, Britain, and Austrailia, etc. in testing the effects regarding safeguarding space assets in the WOT...

There's even an article on this on ATSNN or in the WOT forum or both...

[edit on 8-2-2005 by Gazrok]

posted on Feb, 8 2005 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Canada has a right to its sovereignty and Canada would defend it.

In the case of a WW3 scenario, I think Canada would stand side by side with US forces, if it was requested.

The only time I think Canada would go against the US is if the US decides to infringe on the Soveriegnty of this nation.

posted on Feb, 8 2005 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by radagast
canada will sit on the sidelines, let american, australian and british blood spill, then criticize us, even though they indirectly or directly benefit from the conflictwhats new ?

That is the most ignorant answer I've seen in a long while. Why don't you check your facts before you spew garbage.

Canada was in both world wars alongside Britain FROM THE GET GO long before the U.S. thought of getting involved.

So we didn't agree with Vietnam and we didn't agree with Iraq. Neither did most of the world.

A good friend stands up to a friend who is wrong. And the U.S. was WRONG to invade a sovereign nation who posed you no threat.

You can try to justify the thing until you are blue in the face...but the truth is the truth. Spin it any way you want, but anyone with eyes in their heads who isn't brainwashed can see it.

And if you want to discuss who's really benefitting from this war...let's go. Am ready any time you are.

Ignorance denied my a*s!

posted on Feb, 8 2005 @ 10:32 AM
link   
If North America were to be attacked by a foreign regime/country, there's something in place called NORAD, a truce to protect our freedoms and way of life by both of our governing nations.

Canada has no known foreign enemies to fear other than this fabricated "war on terrorism"

posted on Feb, 8 2005 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by radagast
canada will sit on the sidelines, let american, australian and british blood spill, then criticize us, even though they indirectly or directly benefit from the conflict

whats new ?

Hmmm, let's see,

Canada's involvement:
WW1: 1914-1918
WW2: 1939-1945

You want to fill in America's fighting years there or should we just let this drop?

posted on Feb, 8 2005 @ 10:47 AM
link   
I'm sure if the United States was attacked by a foreign army on their soil, Canada would uphold the treaty and help defend you. We may not be able to send much more than 3 canoes, a squadron of beaver and if you are really lucky, Princess Patricia's Canadian Light Infantry will come down too. Sorry, I just love saying Princess Patricia's regiment. No wonder we can't get men to sign up

However, if WW3 was started by our allies, through poor foreign policies and unwarranted attacks, it may be a different story. It would depend entirely on the circumstances that led up to the war.

posted on Feb, 8 2005 @ 11:04 AM
link   
radagast:

What's new is apparently you are blissfully ignorant of Canada's continued military support around the world. We are still in Afghanistan trying to keep the peace.

Is it our fault that the only people in the world who actively seem to hate Canadians are some Americans? Works for me.

jako

posted on Feb, 8 2005 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Canada (from Chicago to the east coast) will receive massive radioactive fallout.
The western territories should fare a bit better.

Then again our laser/haarp weaponry might take out a good bit of the Russian/Chinese nukes as they travel over the arctic. Basically hundreds of dirty bombs in the upper territories. This actually would probably be preferable.

Heh... but what do I know.... they've been simulating this for 60 years.
I'd love to see a no holds barred remake of "The Day After"... just watched it yesterday.

posted on Feb, 8 2005 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Jakomo,

I think that maybe the United States is jealous of our freedom

Their just jealous because everyone likes us better.

posted on Feb, 8 2005 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Duzey
However, if WW3 was started by our allies, through poor foreign policies and unwarranted attacks, it may be a different story. It would depend entirely on the circumstances that led up to the war.

I agree. The circumstances that lead up to the start of the next World War will be the deciding factor as to who is involved. Many nations even those in the UN may consider the US the instigator of the war, and may take a neutral standing.

Lets say the US attempts to "bring democracy" to North Korea or Iran sometime in the next four years. There are allies of both these countries that might not take the attack siting down. They form alliances to stand against the US and possibly see the only way to force the US to stop meddling in other countries is to attack the US on US soil. This could include nuclear attacks but hopefully it wont as the value of the coquered country will outweigh the use of nuclear weapons.

Also the resulting end will decide who is considered Allies and who is considered Axis. There is no guarantee that the US will end up being considered the good guys in the next World War if their actions bring upon them the retaliation of other soveriegn nations.

God forbid that I or my children or their children ever see another World War. I tell my daughter at basketball games. God is always with the righteous. You may be out skilled and outmanned on the court but if you play with God on your side you may not win every game but you will come out victorious in the End.

Phae

posted on Feb, 8 2005 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Canada will do what is has to. Canada wanted a UN mandate before getting involved with the US with the Iraq situation.
Remember, under terms of NATO, Canada did not sit it out in 1991 or Afghanistan in 2001. Canada and I assume Mexico may be a bit edgy sitting next door to a that powerful Bush Push.
Dallas

posted on Feb, 8 2005 @ 12:30 PM
link   
After reading quite a few threads like this, it is good to see there is some intelligent discussion and not just the typical "my dad's better than your dad" schoolyard mentality although I see it has reared it's ugly head in this thread to some extent.

It always amuses me to see people bashing another country while singing the praises of their own, usually in a short sentence followed by numerous anoying emoticons. Sadly many responding to this tactic resort to the same behavior

On topic, I think Canada would join in just as she has in so many wars past. Just because they have a peacful attitude doesn't mean they wont defend themselves is provoked or come to the aid of her allies.

If WWIII would occur it would be time to think about the defense of the North American continent as a whole and put aside stupid cultural disputes.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join