It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

In your opinion where does Canada stand if there is a WW3

page: 6
0
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2005 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Au contraire...I think its kind of funny...and totally in keeping with the plays on words.

Better this than stupid discussions about dropping neutron bombs on countries.




posted on Feb, 9 2005 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Ok its a bit off thread, but during the war in iraq, Scottish troops flew their flag, and started to tell locals that they were not from England..but from scotland.

What im trying to say is this; Just because a country has been freindly or a close ally in the past, don't for one second think that old rivalries will not rise up and bite you in the arse.

Trust no other country, not totaly, not ever.



posted on Feb, 9 2005 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Maybe it's that crazy Canuck humour, but it made me laugh. I may even have to re-install Photoshop, so 'Harry Beaver' can be my avatar, when I get aroung to putting one up.

I'd join you guys for a beer, but je parle francais tres mal. So 'mal' in fact, I don't know if I conjugated that one properly. But I do know the all-important phrase 'Ou est le toilette?', so I'm not a total loss.


I did have a list of great things about Quebec around here somewhere, but I can't find it. Off the top of my head though: Maple syrup (yummy), Bonhomme, sexy accents, Andre Philipe Gagnon and home of the snowmobile.



posted on Feb, 9 2005 @ 05:02 PM
link   
S'fine, Duzey. Quebecers are friendly. We'll even speak Henglish for you.

Didn't realize you were in teh area, though.

DE



posted on Feb, 9 2005 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Duzey
I'd join you guys for a beer, but je parle francais tres mal. So 'mal' in fact, I don't know if I conjugated that one properly. But I do know the all-important phrase 'Ou est le toilette?', so I'm not a total loss.



No worries...we'll manage....and downtown Toronto squeezing in a little Portuguese, Italian, Spanish and Greek!

Opa!



posted on Feb, 9 2005 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by radagast
canada will sit on the sidelines, let american, australian and british blood spill, then criticize us, even though they indirectly or directly benefit from the conflict


As an Australian, I would rush to the side of my Canadian cousins before I would rush to the side of Americans. You don't need our help do you? Which makes me wonder what the US has done for Australia militarily in the last half a century. We always seem to be following you into your wars, and I'm kind of sick of it. Ask a Brit the same thing and you would find them eager to help their Canadian cousins, same goes for New Zealanders. So you have your point of view in the wrong direction there mate. Professional volunteer Australian and British troops are fighting with Americans in Iraq because that is what they are paid to do. If a World War broke out again and, according to the hypothesis of this thread, Canada was being invaded with a view to attacking the USA, do you really think any of the Queens colonies would sit back and watch one of her sisters get attacked by an invading force? No, we would be there in a split second. Do you think drafted commonwealth soldiers would choose you in America over their family in the Commonwealth? No, and this action would ultimately be in defense of America too by default. It goes both ways, and you can be damn sure that Americans who love their neighbour would be itching to join the action, and would be welcomed with open arms.

Commonwealth countries don't tend to hesitate when family are in trouble. They see a dire threat and they attack it ASAP. And your "Canada would sit on the sidelines" comment is offensive. Read some history books about Canadian forces in both World Wars of the past before you spout BS like that. If you let the Iraq war shape your opinion on how other countries fight, then you have a very naive and narrow-minded view of how the world works. Get over it.

[edit on 9-2-2005 by cargo]



posted on Feb, 9 2005 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeusEx
Didn't realize you were in teh area, though.


No I'm not, but you'd be amazed at the excuses I could make at work, if beer was involved.....

Haven't been out east in a while, the 401 scares the crap out of me!!!!



posted on Feb, 9 2005 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by AlwaysLearning
No worries...we'll manage....and downtown Toronto squeezing in a little Portuguese, Italian, Spanish and Greek!

Opa!


Wow, how very multicultural of Toronto.

You know what's funny though. All these people making a stink out of French on labels and forms. I like knowing how to say 'riboflavin' in French. It makes me feel very cosmopolitan.

I don't hear people complaining because they can't find the way out of Richmond, BC where most of the street signs are in Chinese. Where are those darn language coppers when you need them?



posted on Feb, 9 2005 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Realisticaly, I think Canada would be on the side of the US.

I mean, who are they going to side with - Russia?


And besides, if they did side against us, the US would have a 51st state pretty quickly


However, I doubt they would get involved in anything unless the US was attacked and it was a "do or die" situation, because frankly, Canada does not have that strong of a military and the US can handle most things on her own or with the help of some of our stronger allies.

I for one have faith in our northern cousins, despite my dislike for some of their policies, that if it came down to it, they would side with us.



posted on Feb, 9 2005 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by American Mad Man
I for one have faith in our northern cousins, despite my dislike for some of their policies, that if it came down to it, they would side with us.


Despite our dislike for your policies, we would uphold our end of NORAD.

Now please get your ships and subs out of our territorial waters.



posted on Feb, 9 2005 @ 06:11 PM
link   
I understand AMM post. The thing that people don't get is that the Canadian people are not the Canadian gov't. If you polled the people you would get 9 out of 10 people saying that the funding that the military gets is a disgrace. Don't discount the people, when called upon, we stand up. WW1, we sent 1/3 of our population, that includes children, seniors and women. It would happen again. During Desert Storm I tried to enlist but they wouldn't take me. They weren't looking for a 30 something grunt. Wasn't in bad shape either, oh well.



posted on Feb, 9 2005 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by cargo
Commonwealth countries don't tend to hesitate when family are in trouble. They see a dire threat and they attack it ASAP. And your "Canada would sit on the sidelines" comment is offensive. Read some history books about Canadian forces in both World Wars of the past before you spout BS like that. If you let the Iraq war shape your opinion on how other countries fight, then you have a very naive and narrow-minded view of how the world works. Get over it.


That's a nice thing to say, mate. Thanks, eh...and back at'cha!



posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by DeusEx
Now, I can understand disagreeing over Kyoto- I know its flawed, but it can be fixed. But you ragging on Quebec, that's different.


My bad. It was humor in poor taste. Not even well warranted, since I don't actually know -anyone- from Quebec (well, except you, now, and you seem pretty cool.)


Originally posted by DeusEx
You don't seem to know where Niagra falls is, even. It's in Ontario, nowhere near Quebec.


My geographic knowledge sucks, sorry. I could play it off as "Oh, I just didn't want the fallout to hit Niagra Falls", but the truth of the matter is that I have no idea where Niagra Falls, Ontario, or Quebec are in relation to each other... I shoulda used a map.


Originally posted by cryptorsa1001
thelibra, relax can't you tell when you read a joke?


Most of the time, yes, but unfortunately, tone doesn't always translate well to text... Case in point, my comment about Quebec totally seems evil if I read it in a different tone than playful sarcasm.


To The Rest...(like our Oz friend, Cargo)

I wish Bush hadn't destroyed our relationship with our allies. It would be great if Canada, Australia, Britain, Scotland, and the rest of the U.K. didn't look at us with distrust and dislike. It'd be swell if we could remember our relationships in terms of decades, rather than a couple of political terms. I hate the fact that if I were to travel to any of your countries, I would be pelted with rotten fruit, or rotten words, just because my President is an embarrassment to humanity in general.

I mean, in a way, I can understand why it's that way. You see the policies of a crappy administration, led by a half-wit, it'd be real easy to get a bad impression of America in general. But try to remember that half of us not only hate Bush, but that we -still- hate him. EVEN people from TEXAS, like Me. I just hope that we make it through the next four years without him screwing up our relations so bad they can never be fully repaired.



posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Yeah im certain if a canadian and america soldiers were getting shot at most british soldiers would help the candaian lol, the thing is our government lieks the USA our soldiers dont i have a brother in iraq who supported the americans on the attack on falujah and he rang meand i asked him about do the troops like americans and he said theres not on #ing gu yhere who wnats to help the dam yanks, tha is a doirect quote lol. now if the troops supporting you into falujah dont like the americans then what about the other 30 000



posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Duzey

An interesting bit of trivia about that pilsner (please tell me you don't drink Old Style), if you look very carefully, there are 11 white rabbits on the label.


holy illuminati! old style, indeed. eleven white rabbits. freaky.

canada may well become the new switzerland in an all out world war situation.

i laugh when i see the 'roll over' comments. very unaware of the canadian mindset. canadians really are the truth north strong and free.
america was beat by the north vietnamese with stick and stones, america is getting pummeled by poor undernourished, undersupplied CITIZENS in iraq. try and invade canada, and your own country will split in two like softwood lumber. you won't stand a chance. who thinks that the 49% of people who didn't vote for bush are just looking for an excuse to storm the whitehouse? (burn it down, WE DID ONCE, HAHA!)
i've talked to a more than a few soldiers, and they ALL say that during war games, americans are trigger happy(like those hillbillies), reckless and overconfident and a downright danger to themselves. (read the american army manual, ...'when the pin is pulled, mr.grenade is not our friend')
the canadians killed by americans in afghanistan is a good real world example of this. or any other 'friendly fire' story.


[edit on 10-2-2005 by billybob]



posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Half of West Virginia is called BillyBob, the half is called billysue. Are you sure they are calling you billybob. Maybe it is billybob on the knob?


Yeah you burned the Whitehouse but shortly after that a storm ripped through your troops and you retreated. Shortly after that you got your butts kicked in Baltimore by a rag tag army. You supposedly had the best army in the world at that time. Its so sad to see you guys now. Not even half of what you used to be. Well at least you have memories.



posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by cryptorsa1001
Half of West Virginia is called BillyBob, the half is called billysue. Are you sure they are calling you billybob. Maybe it is billybob on the knob?




is this an insult? HAHA! what did i say to deserve such praise?
billysue is my mom/wife, so please stop being silly, or i'll break out in a sillysob.



posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Sorry, I find myself snapping at people that have stupid drooling out of their mouth. You were the first today. Have a good day now BillyBob.



posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by billybob

holy illuminati! old style, indeed. eleven white rabbits. freaky.

canada may well become the new switzerland in an all out world war situation.

i laugh when i see the 'roll over' comments. very unaware of the canadian mindset. canadians really are the truth north strong and free.
america was beat by the north vietnamese with stick and stones, america is getting pummeled by poor undernourished, undersupplied CITIZENS in iraq. try and invade canada, and your own country will split in two like softwood lumber. you won't stand a chance. who thinks that the 49% of people who didn't vote for bush are just looking for an excuse to storm the whitehouse? (burn it down, WE DID ONCE, HAHA!)
i've talked to a more than a few soldiers, and they ALL say that during war games, americans are trigger happy(like those hillbillies), reckless and overconfident and a downright danger to themselves. (read the american army manual, ...'when the pin is pulled, mr.grenade is not our friend')
the canadians killed by americans in afghanistan is a good real world example of this. or any other 'friendly fire' story.


[edit on 10-2-2005 by billybob]



Found this al quite hilarious.
and



Thanks billybob...


.



posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by cryptorsa1001
Sorry, I find myself snapping at people that have stupid drooling out of their mouth. You were the first today. Have a good day now BillyBob.


i'm stupid because,
a. i observe that your country is highly polarised, perhaps even on the brink of civil war?
b. i reported tesimony from people?
c. i wrote down a bunch of stuff that is true?
d. i hurt your feelings of american pride?

snap away, it's as effective as poking holes in water.



new topics

top topics



 
0
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

log in

join