It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sean Spicer Resigns

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2017 @ 12:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Byrd
A bit more is coming in. Apparently he resigned over the appointment of Scaramucci:

Not too surprising, maybe Sean Spicer sees some writing on the wall. See below...

I wonder what Spicer objected so strongly about.

So do I. I wonder if Spicer is actually employing some critical thinking in this case. Remember that little "nothing burger" about Russian involvement? Well, it seems as though one of Scaramucci's replacements and highly regarded colleagues, Ray Nolte, held a key position at Deutsche Bank. Big surprise.....put the 2+2 together? And to me that = scared of being implicated and IF so, with good reason.

SkyBridge Capital was founded in 2005 with a focus on hedge fund seeding. Anthony Scaramucci was previously the co-founder of Oscar Capital Management, which was sold to Neuberger Berman in 2001. Upon Neuberger Berman's sale to Lehman Brothers in 2003, Scaramucci served as managing director in their Investment Management division. Scaramucci also served as a vice president in Goldman Sachs Private Wealth Management group.
In May 2008, SkyBridge formed a strategic partnership with Challenger Financial Services Group Limited, forming the first global institutional emerging manager seeding platform. Additionally, Challenger supports SkyBridge in the Australasia region to source new capital and managers. In April 2010, the firm announced it opened an office in Zürich, Switzerland.
In June 2010, SkyBridge acquired Citigroup Alternative Investments Hedge Fund Management Group and Ray Nolte, joined as co-managing partner and chief investment officer. Nolte was previously the chief executive officer and chief investment officer of the Citigroup Alternative Investments Hedge Fund Management Group. Earlier, he held positions at Deutsche Bank and Bankers Trust Company.

Yep, the same bank that paid out over $600 million due to their Russian money laundering.

Source
edit on 21-7-2017 by alphabetaone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2017 @ 12:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Arnie123

Well, thats one hell of a way to protest, he must feel very compassionate about it.

Compassionate about what now???

posted on Jul, 21 2017 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Wow, made 3 pages without deflection, excuses, apologists, or "But Hillary's"!!

Its a record!

posted on Jul, 21 2017 @ 12:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Speedtek
Wow, made 3 pages without deflection, excuses, apologists, or "But Hillary's"!!

Its a record!

HAHA I must have got through to a few people!

posted on Jul, 21 2017 @ 12:36 PM
link   
GOOD FOR HIM

It's about time. Now he won't have to lie for him any more.

Hopefully his reputation hasn't been ruined.
I think a lot of people saw him as a victim.

He should definitely go on SNL with Melissa McCarthy.
OMG that would be a hoot.

posted on Jul, 21 2017 @ 12:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

He should definitely go on SNL with Melissa McCarthy.

That would epic!!!

posted on Jul, 21 2017 @ 12:39 PM
link   
a reply to: alphabetaone

Wikipedia also has this gem about Scaramucci:

On January 12, 2017, President Donald Trump announced his intent to appoint Scaramucci Director of the White House Office of Public Liaison and Intergovernmental Affairs.[4] Scaramucci's swearing-in was reportedly delayed by an extended review of his finances by the Office of Government Ethics,[5][6] although the ethics office denied that clearance was necessary before making White House appointments.[7] Ultimately, George Sifakis was appointed instead.

I had forgotten the kerfuffle over his finances (I've slept since then) - I wonder if Scaramucci has divested himself of those interests by now or if something else is going on. Since the White House Communications Director position doesn't need Senate approval, he may still be involved in whatever it was that made the Senate uneasy.

posted on Jul, 21 2017 @ 12:42 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

Yeah, it's definitely not enough money to do that job. Sure, you get access to the Presidential Box at Kennedy Center and some trips on Air Force One and some good health benefits and I'm sure there are a few other fringe benefits that I'm probably forgetting but yeah, It's not worth it and you could make considerably more doing something. Far less stressful and embarrassing in the private sector.

posted on Jul, 21 2017 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Three pages in and none of you has said the White House is in "meltdown mode"? You guys are slacking.

posted on Jul, 21 2017 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin
No, you haven't.

Spicer is still there, up through August.

lol, yes it must of been THAT BAD that it didn't require an immediate resignation and withdrawal.

Nothing to see here, the usual liberal circlejerk, move along unless you plan to get infected.
edit on 21-7-2017 by Arnie123 because: heh

posted on Jul, 21 2017 @ 12:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: underpass61
Three pages in and none of you has said the White House is in "meltdown mode"? You guys are slacking.
Oh, some have, the rabid responses are hillarious.

posted on Jul, 21 2017 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Hopefully Sessions is next.

Of all Trumps little posse, Sessions scares me the most.

posted on Jul, 21 2017 @ 12:54 PM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

but Trump turning on Sessions made it blantantly obvious Trump will THROW ANYONE under the bus..

Oh haven't you heard ? ..TODAY Mr trump has complete confidence in Jeff Sessions.

No really...you can't make this stuff up.

posted on Jul, 21 2017 @ 12:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: SteamyJeans

Hopefully Sessions is next.

Of all Trumps little posse, Sessions scares me the most.

And right now, he should scare Pres Trump the most!

posted on Jul, 21 2017 @ 12:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Byrd
a reply to: alphabetaone

Wikipedia also has this gem about Scaramucci:

On January 12, 2017, President Donald Trump announced his intent to appoint Scaramucci Director of the White House Office of Public Liaison and Intergovernmental Affairs.[4] Scaramucci's swearing-in was reportedly delayed by an extended review of his finances by the Office of Government Ethics,[5][6] although the ethics office denied that clearance was necessary before making White House appointments.[7] Ultimately, George Sifakis was appointed instead.

I had forgotten the kerfuffle over his finances (I've slept since then) - I wonder if Scaramucci has divested himself of those interests by now or if something else is going on. Since the White House Communications Director position doesn't need Senate approval, he may still be involved in whatever it was that made the Senate uneasy.

Ahhh yes. The same OGE that Walter Straub just vacated for....reasons.....Gee, I wonder why they were delaying their approval?

I doubt very highly that he has completely divested himself....he has no guidance by which to do so. Maybe he rented some "kids" to run the business for him as his divestiture.

All in all, I honestly never had bad feelings towards Sean Spicer, I ALWAYS thought he was getting a bad rap, the only thing I took exception with was in his not standing up sooner and saying F off to Donald Trump.

posted on Jul, 21 2017 @ 12:59 PM
link   
"It's been an honor & a privilege to serve @POTUS @realDonaldTrump & this amazing country. I will continue my service through August"

Spicer's most recent tweet

posted on Jul, 21 2017 @ 01:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
"It's been an honor & a privilege to serve @POTUS @realDonaldTrump & this amazing country. I will continue my service through August"

Spicer's most recent tweet

And.....what is he supposed to say, "I cant stand that scumbag anymore"? Of course this is the public face of the resignation.

posted on Jul, 21 2017 @ 01:01 PM
link   
This is my opinion.

Since President Trump assumed office, there have been some really questionable appointments by him. Spicer, Sessions, Haley, ad nauseum. I believe that these people were foisted upon President Trump - they were not his first choices. But, you may ask, what changed? I think that it was McCain's diagnosis of a brain tumor which emasculated the senior senator and Trump may believe McCain is quickly on his way out. That being said, the next two weeks will show us that if this was the case, Trump will fire or "resign" the ones he didn't want and install the ones that will, as Trump so succinctly said, "Make America Great Again". His tweets may taper off to more proper and substantial substance. Hopefully, this will happen, anyway.

Specifically with Sean Spicer, I wondered sometimes that the tweets that Trump wrote weren't designed to get under Spicer's skin and the appointment of Scarramucci was the straw that broke Spicer's back.

posted on Jul, 21 2017 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Seen this coming for a long time. He's been doing as much as he can to stay out of the limelight, I don't think he realized how much pressure comes with the job.

Poor guy can't even get a coffee.

posted on Jul, 21 2017 @ 01:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox
a reply to: windword

Yea..

I don't think anyone in Washington trusted trump a whole lot to have their backs.. but Trump turning on Sessions made it blantantly obvious Trump will THROW ANYONE under the bus..

They are all tired of agreeing on X media strategy, then trump goes out there and says exactly the opposite.. usually to the detriment of his campaign ..

I think they get him for obstruction soon and then it's a whole new fiasco with pence.

Trump still might be the death of the GOP after all lol.

Trump is most definitely the death of the GOP.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join