It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sean Spicer Resigns

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2017 @ 11:43 AM
link   
a reply to: windword

RIP
"Shouty Spice"
2017 - 2017

posted on Jul, 21 2017 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Spicey needs to write a book. ASAP

posted on Jul, 21 2017 @ 11:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Kryties

You have to assume all of those who want to have a career after trump are reeling..

They lose all credibility the second he leaves office no matter the reason.

posted on Jul, 21 2017 @ 11:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: bknapple32
Spicey needs to write a book. ASAP

HEARD!!

I cannot wait for all the tell all books!!!

posted on Jul, 21 2017 @ 11:52 AM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

I smell a really "spicy" tell all coming

posted on Jul, 21 2017 @ 11:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox
a reply to: Kryties

You have to assume all of those who want to have a career after trump are reeling..

They lose all credibility the second he leaves office no matter the reason.

Oh I'm thinking that there is a lot of soul searching going on right now among many of Trumps staff. I reckon there will be a point where Trump will outdo himself and say or do something even more incredibly stupid than usual that will prompt a mass exodus of staff in one go. Spicer bailing may have started that ball rolling.....time will tell.

If I were one of Trumps staff, the earlier I could bail the better. The longer they stay the worse they will be perceived by the job market afterwards.

posted on Jul, 21 2017 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Its a good day....he sucked...

posted on Jul, 21 2017 @ 11:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kryties
Spicer bailing may have started that ball rolling.....time will tell.

If I were one of Trumps staff, the earlier I could bail the better. The longer they stay the worse they will be perceived by the job market afterwards.

You really think he quit, or did Trump give him a nice way out....

posted on Jul, 21 2017 @ 11:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: bknapple32
a reply to: JoshuaCox

I smell a really "spicy" tell all coming

Why am I getting mental images of a bottle of cinnamon writing a novel?

posted on Jul, 21 2017 @ 11:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

Spicer bailing may have started that ball rolling.....time will tell.

You really think he quit, or did Trump give him a nice way out....

I really do think Spicer seized on the opportunity to get the hell out of there. I believe he's been mulling a way out for months now.

posted on Jul, 21 2017 @ 11:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks
Life as a bullet shield sucks.

I'm surprised he made it this far. It can't be easy having to spin Donald Trumps lies in public to a room full of people who know for a fact you're lying.

He probably got paid well, though.

I suppose that depends on what one considers "well paid". I couldn't f No Spucers Salary but Jay Carney was making the top salary you can get workin in the WH of $176,500 and that figure was from 6 years ago so I don't know if Congress has allotted pay raises for WH Staffers since then or if Spicer was making the top salary. One would hope that he was getting the upper end of the spectrum for having to tuck his sack back and bite the bullet while trying to spin the narrative to reflect Trumps mood of the day on top of having to act as Director of Communications in addition to being Press Sec.

posted on Jul, 21 2017 @ 12:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword

WASHINGTON — Sean Spicer, the White House press secretary, resigned on Friday morning, telling President Trump he vehemently disagreed with the appointment of New York financier Anthony Scaramucci as communications director.
www.nytimes.com...

Well this has been a long time coming, and I don't blame Spicer one bit for taking this opportunity to bow out! Good for him!

Much as I dislike the man, I felt that he must have had one of the most hellish jobs on the planet. His earlier career shows he was effective as a strategist, but I doubt there's any good strategy to be had in the position of press secretary to 45. Before his appointment to the office, he was critical of Trump.

I think he's going to keep his mouth shut for a bit...but I also wonder if this means Trump has gained another enemy among the group of people who have left his administration for various reasons.

posted on Jul, 21 2017 @ 12:07 PM
link   

I really do think Spicer seized on the opportunity to get the hell out of there. I believe he's been mulling a way out for months now.

It does not help that he was not good from day one either... Public speaking on the fly really did not suit him....

posted on Jul, 21 2017 @ 12:08 PM
link   
a reply to: peter vlar

I had no idea they were paid that little. You could make that in a lucky year owning a fast food restaurant. For what he had to deal with, that isn't worth it.

I hope he got a stock option in Mar a Lago, or at least some free room vouchers.

posted on Jul, 21 2017 @ 12:09 PM
link   
A bit more is coming in. Apparently he resigned over the appointment of Scaramucci:

WASHINGTON — Sean Spicer, the White House press secretary, resigned on Friday morning, telling President Trump he vehemently disagreed with the appointment of the New York financier Anthony Scaramucci as communications director.

Mr. Trump offered Mr. Scaramucci the job at 10 a.m. The president requested that Mr. Spicer stay on, but Mr. Spicer told Mr. Trump that he believed the appointment was a major mistake, according to a person with direct knowledge of the exchange.

Source

... and now to check on Scaramucci's CV. I wonder what Spicer objected so strongly about.

...another tidbit from the article...

Mr. Trump made the appointment over the objection of Mr. Priebus, who thought Mr. Scaramucci lacked the requisite organizational or political experience. But the president believed Mr. Scaramucci, a ferocious defender of Mr. Trump’s on cable television, was best equipped to play the same role in-house, and he offered him a role with far-reaching powers independent of Mr. Priebus’s.

Mr. Spicer flatly rejected the president’s offer of a position subordinate to Mr. Scaramucci, according to two administration officials familiar with the exchange

It sounds like Scaramucci's only real asset is that he's a cheerleader. I wonder how long he'll last.

edit on 21-7-2017 by Byrd because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2017 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Too bad. I enjoyed his pugilistic approach to those idiot reporters who think they are so clever.

posted on Jul, 21 2017 @ 12:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Byrd

I wonder what Spicer objected so strongly about.

Apparently, Scaramucci is the brain child around the tactics of investigating the investigators, in order to impugn their credibility, as well as the tactic of finding dirt of reporters who report news that cast doubt on the Trump's integrity. And, stuff like this:

edit on 21-7-2017 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2017 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Well, thats one hell of a way to protest, he must feel very compassionate about it.

...and to the liberal left, calm down, lol, literally you all are foaming at the mouth, as if this was some sign thats its all "coming apart", lmfao chill out.

posted on Jul, 21 2017 @ 12:20 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

I hope he got a stock option in Mar a Lago, or at least some free room vouchers.

I think what really stuck in Spicer's craw was being excluding from the audience with the Pope. Spicer was really looking forward to that! SOURCE

posted on Jul, 21 2017 @ 12:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword
a reply to: Byrd

I wonder what Spicer objected so strongly about.

Apparently, Scaramucci is the brain child around the tactics of investigating the investigators, in order to impugn their credibility, as well as the tactic of finding dirt of reporters who report news that cast doubt on their integrity.

While that may be to Trump's tastes, I don't think it will work out well. I've worked with cops before and when someone had "blackmail" material on you, the advice was "tell them they can reveal it to the world and walk away." If the reporters shrug it off or go on the attack, Scaramucci's rather outnumbered.

His first move as Communications Director will have to be to appoint a new Press Secretary. This will be interesting.
edit on 21-7-2017 by Byrd because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join