It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An Israeli Christian killed his daughter because of her love for a Muslim, police say

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 12:05 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 12:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Is the backhanded compliment necessary? Or do you just always operate in full asshole mode?

Am I wrong? No mention of honor killings in other religions, their prevalence per religion, but you use this one as a platform to denounce "unchecked xenophobia against Muslims", while making the specious claim that neither religion is better.

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Murder is wrong. It's a sin in Christianity and it's illegal in most places.

Christianity does not promote or allow murder. It's in the old testament as history, but followers of Christ agree to the new covenant.

Does the Quran permit murder? Does it allow the subjugation of women? Does it give direction as to how to treat non-Muslims?

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 12:33 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

if we could just accept that certain personality types, not religions or other such notions, are what threatens the species, and act to mitigate for the threat, BEFORE acts are undertaken which cannot be healed or corrected afterward.

People can only attempt to educate themselves. Here are a couple of articles that may interest you:
Confidant of Pope Francis condemns US religious right
which references this article:
EVANGELICAL FUNDAMENTALISM AND CATHOLIC INTEGRALISM IN THE USA: A SURPRISING ECUMENISM

Religion, political Manichaeism and a cult of the apocalypse

Religion has had a more incisive role in electoral processes and government decisions over recent decades, especially in some US governments. It offers a moral role for identifying what is good and what is bad.

At times this mingling of politics, morals and religion has taken on a Manichaean language that divides reality between absolute Good and absolute Evil. In fact, after President George W. Bush spoke in his day about challenging the “axis of evil” and stated it was the USA’s duty to “free the world from evil” following the events of September 11, 2001. Today President Trump steers the fight against a wider, generic collective entity of the “bad” or even the “very bad.” Sometimes the tones used by his supporters in some campaigns take on meanings that we could define as “epic.”

see also:

Dominion Theology (also known as Dominionism) is a group of Christian political ideologies that seek to institute a nation governed by Christians based on their personal understandings of biblical law. Extents of rule and ways of achieving governing authority are varied. For example, Dominion Theology can include theonomy, but does not necessarily involve advocating Mosaic law as the basis of government. The label is applied primarily toward groups of Protestants in the United States.

Prominent adherents of these ideologies are otherwise theologically diverse, including Calvinist Christian Reconstructionism, Charismatic/Pentecostal Kingdom Now theology, New Apostolic Reformation and others. Most of the contemporary movements labeled Dominion Theology arose in the 1970s from religious movements reasserting aspects of Christian nationalism.

I compared the U.S. Constitution with the Constitution of the Russian Federation. The Russian Constitution specifically states that the federation is secular. Chapter 1" Article 14 1. The Russian Federation is a secular state. No religion may be established as a state or obligatory one. 2. Religious associations shall be separated from the State and shall be equal before the law." The U.S. constitution does not provide any such protection.

It is perfectly legal in the U.S. for a political party to only run candidates that are exclusively Theocratic minded.

Short a constitutional amendment, we're pretty much stuck under the mercy of the voting habits of easily swayed people. The rabid power hungry will always preach to the rabidly self-identified righteous who see it as their duty to legislate morality for their neihbors.
edit on 18-7-2017 by pthena because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-7-2017 by pthena because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Another sad ending that the Mullah Mouse predicted

or:

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 01:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

Is the backhanded compliment necessary? Or do you just always operate in full asshole mode?

Am I wrong? No mention of honor killings in other religions, their prevalence per religion, but you use this one as a platform to denounce "unchecked xenophobia against Muslims", while making the specious claim that neither religion is better.

There was no mention of honor killings in this OP either.

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 01:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

originally posted by: seasonal

How wide spread is the Christian killing Muslim situation like this?

Does it matter? Does it happening less somehow justify these actions? Should we not speak out against them?

How often do you speak out against the Chicago killings? These happen every day-so yes, I would be more likely to address the worst (most in number) cases first.

Not to say, if this murder is true, it's bad too.
edit on 18-7-2017 by seasonal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 01:57 PM
link   

How wide spread is the Christian killing Muslim situation like this?

Does it matter? Does it happening less somehow justify these actions? Should we not speak out against them?

How often do you speak out against the Chicago killings? These happen every day-so yes, I would be more likely to address the worst (most in number) cases first.

Not to say if this murder is true, it is bad as well, it is.

I highlighted this case because of its unusual nature. How many times do you hear about fathers murdering their daughters in this day-and-age? Gangbanger murders are a dime-a-dozen. Sure they need to be curtailed, but that is a TOTALLY different issue than what I'm trying to highlight in this thread.

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 02:07 PM
link   

I am sure glad his religious book doesn't condone what he did.

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Agreed, the situation is sort of unique.

I would rather concentrate on volume and solve that. I think in the US you are safe from Christian fathers killing their daughters for dating a certain religion.

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Killing a child because of who she loved what a disgusting vile human being. At least he has been arrested hopefully his death will be long slow and extremely painful.

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Agreed, the situation is sort of unique.

I would rather concentrate on volume and solve that. I think in the US you are safe from Christian fathers killing their daughters for dating a certain religion.

I'm not really trying to point out a danger to myself either...

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 02:50 PM
link   

You still didn't answer my question on if you condemn this father or not for his actions.

He has condemned himself because he will have blood on his hands on Judgment Day.

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 02:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010
Killing a child because of who she loved what a disgusting vile human being. At least he has been arrested hopefully his death will be long slow and extremely painful.

Look at it from the parent's point of view. He raised his kid to be "saved" by Jesus, and now the "Devil"'s got her.

He could have tried an "exorcism".

I mean, Lady Diana had the same problem, being a Royal and Protestant Christian in love with a Muslim man. She too, was forced to leave this earth, before her time. The "Angels" arranged her untimely exit (or was it MI5 ?), to save the purity of the Religion.

And if thy right eye offend thee, pluck it out, and cast it from thee: for it is profitable for thee that one of thy members should perish, and not that thy whole body should be cast into hell. -- KJV, Matthew 5:29

Rather than let the whole body of the Church perish, cast out that member that becomes corrupted. The church did this with witches, and excommunicated wayward members, and defrocked faulty Priests etc..

So, all the poor dad was doing, was trying to save the rest of his family, by "plucking out" the member that offended the team.

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 02:54 PM
link   
a reply to: AMPTAH

That doesn't excuse his behavior. We all know he justified it with his religion. That doesn't need to be explained. He is still a # stain of a human being.

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 03:06 PM
link   

This is NOT the Mud Pit!!!

All rules for polite political debate will be enforced.
Reaffirming Our Desire For Productive Political Debate (REVISED)
Community Announcement re: Decorum

You are responsible for your own posts.....those who ignore that responsibility will face mod actions.

and, as always:

Do NOT reply to this post!!

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 03:11 PM
link   
you know who you never hear on the news killing their children? Atheists.

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 03:27 PM
link   

a reply to: AMPTAH

That doesn't excuse his behavior. We all know he justified it with his religion. That doesn't need to be explained. He is still a # stain of a human being.

But, who are we to judge? Did he think he was saving his daughter's soul, by killing her body?

And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell. -- KJV, Matthew 10:28

So, maybe the dad thought, better save her soul now, lest it become corrupt because of the lusts of the flesh.

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 04:06 PM
link   

So what should we do to correct or negate the danger from this seemly isolated motivation for murder?

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 04:55 AM
link   

But THIS. This is the # that happens when you let unchecked xenophobia against Muslims run rampant.

Maybe in future report on the other side of the coin where Muslims commit more Honor killings than Christians.

ISLAMABAD: At least 943 Pakistani women and girls were murdered last year for allegedly defaming their family’s honour, the country’s leading human rights group said Thursday. The statistics highlight the growing scale of violence suffered by many women in Pakistan. Around 595 of the women killed in 2011 were accused of having “illicit relations” and 219 of marrying without permission.

943 : 1 is slightly biased is it not unless of course there is an agenda at play ?

Matthew 24:9
Jesus stated 'Then they will hand you over to be persecuted and killed, and you will be hated by all nations on account of My name.'

Targeting 1 Christian and ignoring the other 943 from a single Muslim country, is proving that many people are now targeting Christians.

Thankyou for proving that Jesus really did know the future as He is the Son of God.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join