It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An Israeli Christian killed his daughter because of her love for a Muslim, police say

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 10:18 AM
link   
a reply to: theultimatebelgianjoke

Well here's the thing. The girl didn't even get a chance to approach the legal complexities of trying to get married in Israel as a Christian or a Muslim. Her father murdered her first. I'm not trying to say that Israel's government is the picture of integrate tolerance. I know they aren't. But the problem I'm trying to point out here runs deeper than that. It is a problem that flows through all of us; it also goes to fuel the religious bias you are pointing out to me too.

Religion is only as bad as the people who make it up. If we all acted with more tolerance then maybe religion in general wouldn't get the bad rap that it does. All the hatred between the different sides and none of them can see that their own hatred is fueling the hatred they are seeing from the other religions.

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 10:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman
a reply to: InhaleExhale

dont stress it, it's the love in thing between me and Ks
we disagree, often, it's the same theme always, I just like to point it out, as often as he likes to go off
Yes ther is a lot of hate there

Speak for yourself. I think nothing of you from thread to thread. This rivalry you think exists between you and I, well the feeling isn't mutual. I really don't care about your beliefs or what you think about me.
edit on 18-7-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 10:21 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 10:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

dont stress it, it's the love in thing between me and Ks we disagree, often

No Raggadyman.

Like you said, anyone can look up whats posted by anyone.

You have a habit of misinterpreting things to suit your agenda, maybe its a purposeful tactic which works well to cause grief on internet boards or simply a mental issue you cannot recognize even after it being pointed out numerous times by different individuals.

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 10:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

How naive are you? Religions don't get along because everyone needs their own f#cking god to worship. My god is better than yours mentality still exists since the dawn of time.

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 10:23 AM
link   
There baiting you, just pretend there not here, sorry for being off topic.

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 10:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Perfectenemy

Indeed, this is a very good point, although there are some elements in common, without a doubt, this young lady did not self terminate.

I feel so heartbroken for her boyfriend. Imagine being imprisoned, and exiting confinement only to find that your love is dead at the hands of her own family, purely because she intended to engage fully as your life partner... Although no pact may have existed between the two, and although I would never agree with a person self terminating except in the most extreme circumstances, I could understand the lad feeling like giving up. I hope his family rally round him, give him the love and support it will take to get him through the initial stages of the grief he will no doubt experience as a result of this act.

So appallingly sad.

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 10:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Perfectenemy

How naive are you? Religions don't get along because everyone needs their own f#cking god to worship. My god is better than yours mentality still exists since the dawn of time.

So you are saying that we should just continue to hate each other and make no attempt to understand the other group and minimize the hatred because hatred has existed since the dawn of man?

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 10:32 AM
link   

I think you kinda went out of your way to avoid being accused of the anti christian blah blah blah, at least in this thread.

Murder is murder, it doesn't matter what organization the scum belongs too. This story would be just as bad if religion had completely been left out of it. "Man kills daughter because he didn't like her fiance".

Imagine if people weren't always lumped together in groups when the news is reported. It's a big part of the division. How different would things be if headlines didn't read "white man kills black man" or "black man robs white woman". These things are done on purpose.

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 10:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

Indeed, this is a very good point, although there are some elements in common, without a doubt, this young lady did not self terminate.

I feel so heartbroken for her boyfriend. Imagine being imprisoned, and exiting confinement only to find that your love is dead at the hands of her own family, purely because she intended to engage fully as your life partner... Although no pact may have existed between the two, and although I would never agree with a person self terminating except in the most extreme circumstances, I could understand the lad feeling like giving up. I hope his family rally round him, give him the love and support it will take to get him through the initial stages of the grief he will no doubt experience as a result of this act.

So appallingly sad.

Sorry that i have to play the devils advocat here but i assume the other family disagreed aswell. These tragedies are often accompanied by hatred for eachothers families. LIke you said it's sad and in this day and age completely unnecessary.

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 10:35 AM
link   
a reply to: FauxMulder

True. The murder itself is reprehensible even without religion being involved. No father should ever murder his daughter for any reason whatsoever, but in this case religion played a key role in the motive. Ignoring it would just paint an incomplete picture of the crime.

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 10:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

I believe in Jesus...

Krazysh0t does not, has never come across to me in such a fashion as to make me believe that he hates me, or anything that I am. We do not always agree on matters, because no two people an agree on everything, but Krazysh0t is not a hater of Christianity, not a fascist apologist.

I think you need to take yourself aside Raggedyman. Have a word with yourself.

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 10:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

originally posted by: Perfectenemy

So you are saying that we should just continue to hate each other and make no attempt to understand the other group and minimize the hatred because hatred has existed since the dawn of man?

Well i'm all up for it but in reality most religions tend to try to assimiliate followers of other religions to grow their influence. Islam is also the only religion that still refuses to get with the times. They still stone gays to death and oppress their women in most parts of the middle east. I have no sympathies for such backwards religious mentality. Islam needs to reform but i bet my life on it that's never going to happen.

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 10:40 AM
link   

This was NOT Xenophobia, no one know's better than this guy and for over eight century's since Saladin seized control of the land the Christian's of Palestine have been a persecuted people, forced to pay a tax simply because they were not Muslim, second class in the country of there birth and ancestry, this was a common suffering throughout the formerly christian country's of the middle east as FOREIGN Arab army's invaded and subjugated them.

But Christian's have often fought back, too late but not without spirit and even in Lebanon war was raging between the Christian militia's and the Islamic Militia's, often the Christian sects would form an alliance of sort's with the new power in the middle east the Israeli's.

This man live's in a predominantly Muslim area, ruled by Muslim jihadists and equally under the danger of bombardment by Israel should the ceasefire be ignored or break down as is almost always the case.

He has the right NOT to like Muslim's that is his choice especially since he is likely the SAME EXACT RACE as the guy his daughter was unfortunate enough to fall in love with.

That said while I would argue it was NOT xenophobia but tribal enmity which is something different and far more local then blind xenophobic behavior I do have to say this guy did NOT act as a Christian.

It is possible that in his stress at his daughter's love for this guy that he decided better she be dead than damn her soul and was willing to damn his own for the very purpose of killing the daughter he loved to save her soul swapping his own soul for hers as he saw it but I can not begin to know what was going on in that man's mind except it was NOT a christian act and his action will not be favorable in the sight of God almighty whom probably put that love there in the first place to try to mend this schism in there society.

In other word's his action was misguided, served the Devil and was most certainly an act of total and utter evil as well as selfishness and it most certainly did not serve God almighty in any way form or shape.

There is nothing that can be done to bring this young woman back and maybe little that can be done to save his soul after such an awful and bitter act born of tribal hatred but it must be noted that this behavior is common among tribal group's the world over were family and personal honor as well as tribal feud's often lead to tragedy's that are most often called simply honor killing's, into this group Honor Killing's this actually fall's neatly into every category associated with that type of crime and in fact this guy does not have the right to claim to be a christian after this act either.
edit on 18-7-2017 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 10:42 AM
link   

No that is the culture of the Middle East. Muslims literally EVERYWHERE else in the world don't behave that way. This is the point I'm trying to make. Instead of trying to rise above the hatred here you are promoting it by blanket labeling Muslims. And you are doing it in a thread where you accused me of blanket labeling Christians. That's called hypocrisy.

If you have a problem with how gays are treated, why aren't you speaking out against Russia? Did you know that Iran, in their misguided way, has tried to get around their dogma to make it so transgenders aren't blasphemous? So that means that as long as one person in a gay couple gets a sex change, the government is ok with it. Still not where we should be as a government shouldn't be forcing surgeries like that due to religious bias, but it is progress nonetheless.

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 10:44 AM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

Everything you just wrote there screams xenophobia to me even if the xenophobia's origins come from cultural oppression. But if you don't want to call it that, that's fine. As long as you recognize that this isn't the way people should behave and we all need to speak out against it.

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 10:46 AM
link   

xenophobic Christian

With Licy's world against all true Christians, they have every right to be xenophobic and trust no one but their own kind. Let me guess, an insult involving 'in-breeding' is already on someones tongue. Well, elitists in-breed and look at the hell they give to the peasants.

God records every thought and feeling from a persons heart. If your heart was full of hate in the initial post, well, I think we know how Judgment Day will turn out for you.

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 10:48 AM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

since Saladin seized control of the land the Christian's of Palestine have been a persecuted people

christians stole it from the jews first, you know the original abrahamic faith.

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 10:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
He murdered her because he is an intolerant, xenophobic Christian

Nah. By their acts they are known. [Matthew 7:16]

Many will come to me claiming they are Christians, and I will say "I never knew ye." [Matthew 7:23]

And he stretched forth his hand toward his disciples, and said, Behold my mother and my brethren! -- Matthew 12:49

For whosoever shall do the will of my Father which is in heaven, the same is my brother, and sister, and mother. -- Matthew 12:50

be ye therefore wise as serpents, and harmless as doves. -- Matthew 10:16

No true Christian does "harm".

edit on 18-7-2017 by AMPTAH because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Now if you are asking if I like Islam the answer is simply NO and I have some in my family so probably know them better than you may think.
Actually though what I wrote is NOT xenophobic, I actually may be but that remain's my own problem not yours, what I wrote was to give you a possible basis for his TRIBAL hatred of the dominant Islamic community around him, most of whom are his own people whom were once forced to covert or over time converted just to end there own persecution - you do know that is how Islam operates don't you it is NOT tolerant of other culture's and religion's even those they name people of the Book i.e. Christian's and Jew's and so they Tax them with a religious tax to force them to convert, they keep them as second class in there society and force them to abide by there own law's even when those law's infringe there belief's and they often refuse to allow them to build places of worship or when they do tax those heavily too.

So this guy was not Xenophobic, let's get that correct for you Xenophobia - fear of the Alien, this guy grew up around them in this land, his people often persecuted and his people's daughters raped - is it alien to him or tribal and does he have a right to dislike them for there crime's against his people or does he not?.

I think you need to get off your high horse pal and touch the ground for a moment, try to see both sides not as an external observer but from there emotional and personal vantage point, some bridges can never be mended only planked over and those plank's will always be weak and prone to break under stress.

edit on 18-7-2017 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join