It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Australian Justine Damond shot dead by US police in Minneapolis

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2017 @ 11:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: 2Baaka

originally posted by: GusMcDangerthing
a reply to: 2Baaka

He feared for his life because he was just so, so terrified of the kind-looking, well-spoken Australian women in her dressing gown outside her own house in what he knew to be at last a reasonably safe neighborhood? That would mean he should never have been in his role and I'd guess that the only reason he even got close to having the role is because of his ethnic/cultural/religious/minority background and his useless tokenship has backfired now rather spectacularly and resulted in not merely multiple cases of other incidents against him towards the public but now his murdering of one of them.

There is literally no defending this man's position, not in any way and it cannot be supported. This is a case of missteps throughout and on his part it is glaringly obvious that he has a lot of hide and answer for. He was identified because that is what happens pretty much always and in case you hadn't noticed this is 2017 and it wouldn't be that easy to hide.

Basically you're saying to us that police officers shoot when they're spooked by loud noises and frankly I'm shocked that you think they ought to behave like labradors. I guess it's lucky that labradors don't know how to use guns, eh?

The only way we could accurately determine if this guy was a AA hire is if he's otherwise unqualified. Have you heard anything stating he's unqualified?

Well, golly gee does he seem qualified to you?

posted on Jul, 21 2017 @ 11:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: justagod

Kind of sad it took a white woman shot by black officer for some conservatives to open their eyes.

Kind of sad it took a white woman shot by a black officer for some liberals to open their eyes, too.

Apparently all lives do matter after all.

Actually they have been telling you about bad police officers for years, you just decided to ignore.

posted on Jul, 21 2017 @ 11:51 PM
link   
It's not just the issue of "Race" when such shootings took place, ppl have been saying there is something wrong with cop's training.

it's also the reactions and empathy, most agree the cop was in the wrong, no added proofs needed, gone are hand wringing talks of waiting for the
facts and not jumping to conclusions,
Michelle Bachman had an awful lot to say on the issue at some kind of town hall.

Racist stuffings, such as Dindu nuffin, or thug culture or why can't "they" just behave , or hoodie he was wearing a hoodie is absent, ppl just rightfully feel the pain of that poor visitor to our nation a tragic loss.
But AAs and others some how seem more deserving of such treatment.

This mirrors the attitude of the crack coc aine in the 80ts - 90ts epidemic among Black and Latino communities vs the heroin epidemic among largely White folks so afflicted today.

Am I my brother's keeper..no matter what my brother happened to look like??
edit on 22-7-2017 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2017 @ 11:52 PM
link   

The only way we could accurately determine if this guy was a AA hire is if he's otherwise unqualified. Have you heard anything stating he's unqualified?

Well, golly gee does he seem qualified to you?

Would it make your world view better if he was hired only because he was AA and not the fact that law enforcement agencies hire a lot of unqualified people who are patrolling the streets right now.

Black or white, there are LEO's out there who should not be on the streets. That does not take way from the good guys out there.
edit on 21-7-2017 by justagod because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2017 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Kind of sad it took a white woman shot by black officer for some conservatives to open their eyes.

Kind of sad it took a white woman shot by a black officer for some liberals to open their eyes, too.

Actually they have been telling you about bad police officers for years, you just decided to ignore.

I don't know why you think I didn't believe that myself and they would have people believe it was only white police officers and killing only black people.

Again, apparently all lives matter after all

posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 12:03 AM
link   

BLM first mistake was using the phrase "BLACK LIVES MATTER" which polarized the movement making it seem like they only cared about one race, when the fact is BAD police officers affect all people.

ALL LIVES DO MATTER but it was kind of hard to ignore the fact that some conservatives only cared when it was a person of a certain race.

edit on 22-7-2017 by justagod because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 12:11 AM
link   

BLM first mistake was using the phrase "BLACK LIVES MATTER" which polarized the movement making it seem like they only cared about one race, when the fact is BAD police officers affect all people.

ALL LIVES DO MATTER but it was kind of hard to ignore the fact that some conservatives only cared when it was a person of a certain race.

That is an understatement and not to sound too partisan but if those idiots only ever listened for once in their lives instead of screeching and hollering they might have learned that early on and not damaged the movement trying to bring attention to trigger happy police.

It isn't so much that conservatives care only if it's white people getting shot, it's that if you look at what the black people were doing right before they were # they were overwhelmingly shown to have been committing crimes, so naturally conservatives showed less sympathy.

posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 12:21 AM
link   

That is an understatement and not to sound too partisan but if those idiots only ever listened for once in their lives instead of screeching and hollering they might have learned that early on and not damaged the movement trying to bring attention to trigger happy police.

It isn't so much that conservatives care only if it's white people getting shot, it's that if you look at what the black people were doing right before they were # they were overwhelmingly shown to have been committing crimes, so naturally conservatives showed less sympathy.

Yes but a lot of the shootings were not justified, just trigger happy cops shooting. A lot of the so called crimes were not death sentences in court but somehow, some of the conservatives found it justified on the street. To be fair a lot of the Liberals do not find any reason to justify shootings.

There is a middle ground that both sides should agree on. That bad cops make good cops look bad.

posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 12:25 AM
link   
a reply to: justagod

I agree but I think the bad cops make the good cops look... pointless.

posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 12:30 AM
link   
I have to disagree with you slightly here, the negative encounter with LEOs have been decades deep in AA communities, again what bought about the term Black lives matter, was the shock of a wannabe be cop hunting down and shooting a blk teen wearing a hoodie, ultimately the shooter walked,

Remember he was just a wannabe it seemed that any random ass could shoot any blk without fear of consequence and while I can't say all white folks but a lot applauded not only the death of this teen but the exoneration of that murder, many non blks underestimate the pain and anguish felt by both the murder and the perp walk..it was like Blklives don't matter.

Yes they made some / many mistakes but the hash tag isn't one of them.
edit on 22-7-2017 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 12:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Spider879

Just to be clear are we using AA as acronym for African American, or Affirmative Action?

posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 12:35 AM
link   
a reply to: GusMcDangerthing

I prey you are trying to be cute..

posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 12:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Spider879
I have to disagree with you slightly here, the negative encounter with LEOs have been decades deep in AA communities, again what bought about the term Black lives matter, was the shock of a wannabe be cop hunting down and shooting a blk teen wearing a hoodie, ultimately the shooter walked,

Remember he was just a wannabe it seemed that any random ass could shoot any blk without fear of consequence and while I can't say all white folks but a lot applauded not only the death of this teen but the exoneration of that murder, many non blks underestimate the pain and anguish felt by both the murder and the perp walk..it was like Blklives don't matter.

Yes they made some / many mistakes but the hash tag isn't one of them.

No argument here but the fact still remains there have also been bad shoots that involved many races. By saying "BLACK LIVES MATTER", it makes them appear to only care about "BLACK LIVES" when the fact also remains that bad cop shootings happen everywhere. Maybe not as prevalent but they still happen.

You may disagree and that is OK, but I still feel like the term "BLACK LIVES MATTER" is a movement for one race only.
edit on 22-7-2017 by justagod because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 12:37 AM
link   

negative encounters in black communities???? No kidding.

what are the crime rates in these areas?

posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 12:39 AM
link   

I prey you are trying to be cute..

The correct word is 'pray' and no, I am asking because I genuinely would like to know. I have no idea why asking the question would mean I am somehow being cute.

posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 12:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: agenda51

negative encounters in black communities???? No kidding.

what are the crime rates in these areas?

So judge an entire race by the bunch? Should we also judge white people by the stats that say most serial killers, mass shooters or pedophiles are from white people?

posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Thanks for the correction, but yes AA in this context mean African Americans.

posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 12:45 AM
link   

Thanks for the correction, but yes AA in this context mean African Americans.

Thanks, I appreciate knowing. I replied to someone who used it thinking they meant the other so it's helpful to know in case I get things very wrong.

posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 12:46 AM
link   
a reply to: agenda51

What are the crime rates in some white communities.

posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 12:48 AM
link   

You mean like some liberals only cared when it was a certain race?

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join