It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Australian Justine Damond shot dead by US police in Minneapolis

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 08:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

See, the thing is people like you think that it is nothing but talk and you never spare a single thought that the people you're interacting with on the internet may actually have a sort of courage or a perspective in their lives that you simply do not have.

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 09:05 AM
link   
a reply to: GusMcDangerthing

and your blind anger towards law enforcement apparently allowed you to ignore the comment I made in that post that there was a small exception to the people who make the "this is what I would do comment".

Ironically all the people demanding revenge against police apparently found their "self control" and remained quiet when the NYPD officer was assassinated she sitting in her car.

Dont look now but your bias is showing.

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 09:18 AM
link   

If you aren't as angry as I am, that is your own business. I personally question why you aren't, though. I have refrained from telling anyone my nationality but apparently I'm going to have to in order to fully explain why I feel this way and why I know how angry people are here and why you don't. Clearly, I'm Australian. My personal position as a late 30's male with no children allows me a certain manner of thinking. I'm not afraid of my own death and I would be happy for it to happen in the defense of myself or someone worthy. What I am afraid of is that there are so many people who are too scared to go down with nothing but a whimper. I understand if they have children or obligations or different thought patterns but don't be in any doubt that I am not one of them. Some people do talk a lot of sht because why wouldn't they. I simply don't care anymore and I honestly think we need armies of people who don't care because what the hell - they're going to die at some point anyway, aren't they. Let's fix the mess we've allowed ourselves to get into and the only way to do it is to actually be willing to stand up for yourself.

We interact with all sorts of weird and wacky people on the internet daily and they could be on the toilet, movie stars, dying, 13 years old, lying or telling the truth. Just be wary that not everyone you want to believe is full of it actually is.

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Your point has been reached, really because of this situation, imagine being in my shoes, prior to working my new duties for my department I patrolled some of the worst most dangerous streets in Boston MA for over 5 years, how about seeing the same thing over and over again almost every night. Tell me how you like going to calls that a young man has been murdered ruthlessly in the streets over a gang feud, having good peoples lives changed forever because they get robbed at gun point or have their houses burglarized because of were they live. Tell me this job wouldn't affect you, you think you are the only one, how about knowing that even though you put your life on the line for good hard working citizens and low lifes a like that you really aren't making a difference, every gang banger and gun you take off the streets there are always more to take there places and you could easily be killed any day any time. How about going to overdose after overdose, sometimes seeing the same person 2,3,4 times a day except on that 4th time they are dead

You think you are the only one effected and pissed off by this, well I have to break it to you you're not, every hard working police officer is effected by this because people like you lump us all together, yet you have no clue what it really means to be a police officer.

As for Officer Noor being found innocent, I don't think anyone in this thread has stated that once, including myself. Personally and professionally I think he is beyond guilty, probably a reason why his lawyer has told him to keep his mouth shut.

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 11:24 AM
link   

You want to know the difference between you and I and every other police officer I know.

I'm not afraid of my own death and I would be happy for it to happen in the defense of myself or someone worthy.

That qoute is coming from you, you would lay down your life for someone "worthy", what makes them worthy for you to lay down your life, would you jump in front of a car to save someone crossing the street, would you risk your life in a gunfight to get a kid out of the path of bullets, would you put your life on the line to save some hood rat in the street, I doubt it, you will only save someone YOU deem worthy.

We would lay down my life for any citizen of the US any random person, whether they are rich, poor, white, black, blue, green, yellow. I know most would not do the same for me, you can talk tough all day long but when push comes to shove I personally don't believe a word you say
edit on 20-7-2017 by caf1550 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 12:02 PM
link   

and if this were the other way around, where the officers were killed, people in this thread would be making the same comments about the shooter not having to provide information

Some would sure, true enough but would anyone else other than LEO be getting time off with pay in the meantime..probably not, that is what gets me..right wrong or indifferent.
I might feel different, or at least not bothered to comment if a weapon was found or bullets were hitting the squad car.
edit on 20-7-2017 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 12:40 PM
link   
a reply to: dougie6665

EX LEO..... yeah sure you were.

every concievable situation...... no kidding.

Bad things happen.... never thought of that

cowards like you are one of the reasons I carry so much firepower. You a victim without even being attacked. Your a victim to your own defeatist mindset. You dont seem to understand I WILL not just be a defensless victim nor will my kids.

as far as cops are concerned I am not concerned. I wont own a cell phone so i am not calling them until my kids are out of arms way. Obvioussly every LE has to treat everyone they encounter as being armed reguardless. If they did not teach you that you were not paying attention. Situational aweness is crucial.

You have a juvinile outlook on LE. You walk on eggshells around LE because you dont know what your dealing with. Do I trust LE blindly...no. Do I respect them... you bet your ass I do. I get along just fine with LE. Never had a problem. First thing you do when you interact with one is hand over your CCW permit and keep your hands in the open. Personally I just stay away from them and let them do their job. I also chose to stay away from the criminal element and soft target areas as much as possible.

You cannot be prepared for every situation but you sure as hell can increase your odds. I carry many different types of weapons. Even one that can penetrate light body armor. This modern day scum are more organized and better equiped than they used to be. Many work in teams and wear kevlar.

You want to have an opinion I am some crazy yahoo running around looking for a fight thats fine. Whatever. I am just an your average american father/husband who takes my families safety serioussly.

so you can take your defeatist victim attitude a stick it. Its selfish and irresponsible IMO. Hope you dont have kids some day.

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Maybe he was triggered by her blond hair and blue eyes.

Maybe he suddenly radicalized in a split instant.

Maybe she suddenly recognized him. Had she ever filed a complaint before?
edit on 20-7-2017 by queenofswords because: grammar correction

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 01:13 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

the whole thing just stinks. i dont think they can spin their way out of this. We will never know the real reason.

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Finally some outrage about police shootings from the right but of course it took an innocent white woman to be killed by a black cop for them to say anything. No digging into her background to demonize her and no suggestions that the officer might have felt his life was in danger, better late than never I guess.

All cops are not bad and that is a fact but there are individuals out there that should not be in uniform and that means from any race, religion, sexuality or sex.

The issue the left had with a lot of the police shootings was that many of the minorities were unarmed and were happening on a regular basis, whereas the police have shown that they would would go out of their way to bring in a white armed person alive.

His mistake, being a black officer and the victim being white. If he had being a white police officer who shot a minority, jail time would not be in the cards for him/her. How much do you want to bet that this officer will see actual jail time for this shooting?

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 01:36 PM
link   
a reply to: IxAmxDarkness

yeah OK. Nice spin. Totally different situation in this case but whatever.

Yoga instructor.... criminal history? Unknown
Yoga instructor who calls 911 for help and is shot... check
Shot through a police cruiser door.... check

yeah, just like the other shootings. I can see the parallels.

skin color .... blah, blah nonsense.

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 03:54 PM
link   
a reply to: caf1550

Apparently you missed the root cause analysis part of determining the malfunction or damage to a camera. That being said, you have 2 officers and a vehicle in this situation, so the odds of all 3 being "damaged" are what now?

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Minneapolis police officers were startled by noise before fatal shooting of Australian woman

............The responding officers

Matthew Harrity, who has been with the Minneapolis Police Department for a year, and Mohamed Noor, who has been with the department for 21 months, were the responding officers to the scene after Justine Maia Ruszczyk called 911 to report a possible assault near her home on Saturday, the Minnesota Department of Public Safety (DPS) announced in a press release Tuesday night.

Harrity was driving the squad car, while Noor was in the passenger seat. As they neared Ruszczyk's home, Harrity indicated that he was startled by a loud sound near the car, after which Ruszczyk immediately approached the driver's side, according to the Minnesota DPS.

The deadly shooting

Noor then fired his weapon, striking Ruszczyk through the driver's side window, which was open, the Minnesota DPS said. The officers provided medical assistance to Ruszczyk until EMS arrived, but she was pronounced dead at the scene.

The Hennepin County Medical Examiner's Office confirmed Monday that Ruszczyk died of a single gunshot wound to her abdomen after she was shot.

Both officers have been placed on standard paid administrative leave pending the investigation. Ruszczyk's death has been ruled a homicide.

Investigators are seeking to interview a white male about 18 to 25 years old who was seen riding a bicycle in the area immediately before the shooting, according to the Minnesota DPS.

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Now it is she is shot as she approaches or as she reaches the car?

Earlier it was she was talking to one officer which seemed to be attributed to the officer's word.

Who knows what the truth is...
edit on 7/20/2017 by roadgravel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 06:05 PM
link   
a reply to: ElectricUniverse

I already clarified the subject of Noor being Somali, on the first page when someone brought up that up. I am including the fact about him being Muslim as well. Sorry. I am not drum beating the whole Somali/Muslim relation as a blame here, because it's not.

I also brought up the offenses he had more than once.

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 06:05 PM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

A few commenters are saying this was an execution, a hit.

If so, and both officers, or at least 1 officer, acted as corrupt hit men (or hit man) someone else had to spook her into calling 911 when both hit men, or 1 hit man, would have been on patrol duty.

And if so, what is motive to whack Justine Damond?

She was a spiritual healer.

That makes her an enemy to who?

Gods and pharmaceutical companies.
edit on 20-7-2017 by InachMarbank because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Hmmmm ...

More to the story?? I thought I smelled something fishy from the get-go.

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 06:13 PM
link   
a reply to: InachMarbank

Ya a hit is extremely implausible, I also don't buy that it had anything to do with his heritage..he royally f'd up and when we as men f up..we should be men and own it, so why isn't he?

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 06:40 PM
link   
a reply to: caf1550

I imagine being in your shoes to feel rather worrisome and there would be a decent amount of guilt and sadness at your position having been undermined. But you are not in your role for sympathy, you are in it to protect your community. Not everyone is able to do that, just as I have explain my own personal constitution I have to concede that it's not for me and that I wouldn't be able to do it myself.

It probably sounds harsh but if you're worth your salt it will be water off a duck's back for you.

However, if you think I am the only one affected and pissed off by this, as you put it, you are both not paying attention and are also willfully ignorant and that not really a good position to have at this stage, in your role.

I have attempted to explain that this has enraged a country and people like you seem like no amount of explanation will pop their little bubbles of things they can't see or hear. Fine, whatever.

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 06:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: caf1550

You want to know the difference between you and I and every other police officer I know.

I'm not afraid of my own death and I would be happy for it to happen in the defense of myself or someone worthy.

That qoute is coming from you, you would lay down your life for someone "worthy", what makes them worthy for you to lay down your life, would you jump in front of a car to save someone crossing the street, would you risk your life in a gunfight to get a kid out of the path of bullets, would you put your life on the line to save some hood rat in the street, I doubt it, you will only save someone YOU deem worthy.

We would lay down my life for any citizen of the US any random person, whether they are rich, poor, white, black, blue, green, yellow. I know most would not do the same for me, you can talk tough all day long but when push comes to shove I personally don't believe a word you say

My pwn personal values. You know, I can tell the cogs in your head are trying to trip me up and I simply don't give a sht. That's the real difference here - I just don't care what people think and when people like you are presented with what you likely consider to be a shocking position you are unable to fathom it. Try harder.

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join