It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Australian Justine Damond shot dead by US police in Minneapolis

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 10:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Spider879
a reply to: Xcathdra

You guys love to make it a right vs left thing, you are blind, dumb and deaf, to the in your face racist statements and sentiment of your beloved right or is it now Alt right, if I told you the nation's PD is crawling with supremacist would that affect your POV??.

Well we dont have a "nation's pd".
Its not right versus left but right versus wrong and in the case of the last administration its not relevant they are no longer in office. They need to be held accountable. Or in your narrow minded view does justice only apply to those you dont like?

Speaking of right versus left the same ignorant ass supremacists are in the Democratic party.

But whatever works for you. As I stated for this case we need to see the outcome of the investigations instead of relying on initial reactions by people who arent trained in law enforcement who base their position on their ignorance and somehow think its correct.

posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 11:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra
As I stated, for this case, we need to see the outcome of the investigations instead of relying on initial reactions by people who aren't trained in law enforcement who base their position on their ignorance and somehow think it's correct.

Who ... in the town of Minneapolis ... is qualified to 'investigate' this mess? There's no one I could possibly trust.

posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 11:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

Which is why the city police department is not handling the criminal investigation or civil rights investigation portions.

posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 11:26 AM
link   
a reply to: dreamingawake

Murder plain and simple. Other things to, looks like a hate crime of some sort.

posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 11:31 AM
link   

edit on 22-7-2017 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Well this thing doesn't even sound like bad police work or judgment. This reeks of personal issues. Have they presented the officers case in depth like they do say when a white officer kills a black person, in what looks like an unjustified shooting?

posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Which is why the city police department is not handling the criminal investigation or civil rights investigation portions.

You and I both know this thing isn't about the cop shooting an unarmed woman.

posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 11:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Logarock

Well this thing doesn't even sound like bad police work or judgment. This reeks of personal issues. Have they presented the officers case in depth like they do say when a white officer kills a black person, in what looks like an unjustified shooting?

the investigations just started... However the Chief (now former chief) and the mayor already decided to try this in the media to protect themselves. It didnt end to well for them.
edit on 22-7-2017 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 11:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl

You and I both know this thing isn't about the cop shooting an unarmed woman.

Of course not... It is about political correctness and then throwing people under the bus in order to save a political career because they held up the person who shot an unarmed lady.

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 11:44 AM
link   
a reply to: GusMcDangerthing

Justify our jobs, I think they are already justified in the eyes of EVERYONE because there would be anarchy and chaos without law and order.

I am in no way uncomfortable with the public, I actually enjoy interacting with the public and law abiding citizens every day, helping someone make their day better is one of the reasons I became a LEO, hey maybe you do have some life experiences but I highly doubt they compare to anything a police officer experiences every day.

Ive already stated numerous times here that I believe this shooting is a bad shooting, legally and morally speaking, I am in no way am defending Officer Noor or what he did.

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 11:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: 2Baaka

originally posted by: GusMcDangerthing
a reply to: 2Baaka

He feared for his life because he was just so, so terrified of the kind-looking, well-spoken Australian women in her dressing gown outside her own house in what he knew to be at last a reasonably safe neighborhood? That would mean he should never have been in his role and I'd guess that the only reason he even got close to having the role is because of his ethnic/cultural/religious/minority background and his useless tokenship has backfired now rather spectacularly and resulted in not merely multiple cases of other incidents against him towards the public but now his murdering of one of them.

There is literally no defending this man's position, not in any way and it cannot be supported. This is a case of missteps throughout and on his part it is glaringly obvious that he has a lot of hide and answer for. He was identified because that is what happens pretty much always and in case you hadn't noticed this is 2017 and it wouldn't be that easy to hide.

Basically you're saying to us that police officers shoot when they're spooked by loud noises and frankly I'm shocked that you think they ought to behave like labradors. I guess it's lucky that labradors don't know how to use guns, eh?

Hey, as many, maybe you included, state when it's an unarmed black male: Police have a tough, damgerous job. It's not as if someone kimd-looking and well spoken never killed anyone before. "When it's all said and done, every officer wants to make it home to their family".

The only way we could accurately determine if this guy was a AA hire is if he's otherwise unqualified. Have you heard anything stating he's unqualified? I haven't, on contrary he sounds very qualified seeing as he's a college graduate. Did he fail the cjbat or fitness test? Or did he fail the background check?

What gives you pause to him being unqualified?

Sure his position can be defended. Even without a loud noise. All he has to say is he feared for his or his partners life. Her hands weren't visible or she had what appeared to be a weapon in it.

This is the atmosphere people like MAYBE yourself created with the high-profile police killings of black men. You know where you all took whatever bs story the officer concocted and America society, white America went, "Ehhhh...maybe he did lower his head like a bull and run through bullets." "The officer didn't know whether Walter Scott had a gun or not as he ran from him. He's justified in shooting him". "Hey the 12 year old didn't look 12, and why did he have a bb gun".

When these events happened my community were furious, however I knew all we had to do is wait. And that soon it would be unarmed white people being shot too.

Now all of a sudden it's time to burn the country down? See this is what happens when you leave abuse unchecked. It was fine as long as it were the frightening black people being shot.

So I'm just going to sip my tea and eat popcorn as this plays out. As white America calls for this black officer to be lynched. Where's bluelivesmatter now?

!. A cop didn't die so your bluelivesmatter comment is totally invalid.
2. Where is blacklivesmatter defending the officer, how about that, if you want to race bait this and turn it into something we all agree it isn't. Nothing has been said in the news or the investigation that this had anything to do with race, but here you are insinuating just that.

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 12:00 PM
link   
a reply to: agenda51

I'm sorry but where did you come up with your baseless comment

Many are low educated formally and low skilled in terms of knowing law and executing duties.

Most officers I work with have a bachelors degree, and a good amount of even then that, most departments require their officers to hold degrees to receive promotion or be placed on special units. What makes them flawed people as you say.

But please continue with your baseless "facts"

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 02:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod
a reply to: InachMarbank

Ya a hit is extremely implausible, I also don't buy that it had anything to do with his heritage..he royally f'd up and when we as men f up..we should be men and own it, so why isn't he?

A hit may seem like a stretch in this instance because you have to, 1. Bait a person to call 911, and, 2. Make sure the hit man is assigned to dispatch at that time.

But still...

I have not read any plausible reason other than a hit for why this officer opened fire in these 19 pages of comments.

And...

There is quite a lengthy precedent for spiritual healers mysteriously winding up killed.

So...

The planned execution narrative I have spun in my head still hasn't been executed...
edit on 23-7-2017 by InachMarbank because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 05:48 PM
link   

The gist of it appears to be..he heard a noise and got scared and started blasting a woman in PJ's..obviously if that is the case he should of never been given a gun..maybe metermaid would of been more suited to his chickensh#t personality. He has had 3 complaints against him..1 dismissed but 2 ongoing. I suspect this guy should of not been an LEO period..he is a coward in his action, and also a coward in his inaction by not giving an accounting of the events.(all of what I state is opinion)
Anyway we will have to wait and see.

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 07:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: caf1550
a reply to: agenda51

I'm sorry but where did you come up with your baseless comment

Many are low educated formally and low skilled in terms of knowing law and executing duties.

Most officers I work with have a bachelors degree, and a good amount of even then that, most departments require their officers to hold degrees to receive promotion or be placed on special units. What makes them flawed people as you say.

But please continue with your baseless "facts"

Really? People go to university to become police now?

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 07:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: caf1550
a reply to: GusMcDangerthing

Justify our jobs, I think they are already justified in the eyes of EVERYONE because there would be anarchy and chaos without law and order.

You think murdering civilians is the opposite to anarchy and chaos? And since when did you forget that you were law enforcement and nothing to do with actually keeping the peace? You are less required than you think you are. What we need are detectives and vigilante posses monitored by sheriffs and that's about all.

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 10:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: GusMcDangerthing
Really? People go to university to become police now?

Sure. It almost guarantees they've got a person with a liberal slant carrying the badge and gun.

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 10:28 PM
link   
a reply to: caf1550

???? because we are all flawed people.

I already stated my solution.... more training less politics.

I dont blame the officer alone in this if it is a bad shoot. The whole department needs to be depoliticized and put the emphasis on proper training.

Most of these high profile shootings I see the LEO in the right but if the statement of what happened is true this guy should have been given a wood gun and the leadership should have never been in those positions.

This is what all of these garbage policies are producing. Officers who hesitate to act because of sensitivity training type BS instead of real world situational awareness enhancement .... idiots running around who should not be in LE and are put there due to some garbage political agenda.

In the end people get killed by accident or otherwise.

I am not going to get into a debate over the intelligence of patrolmen. I know what I have seen and i know what I have been around. I have no criminal record and dont ever have problems with LE myself because I dont live that life and am a nice guy. ....but there are some real pieces of work out there. Most of the veterans have it together through experience and learn better judgement.

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 10:30 PM
link   

thats pretty much where I am at.

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 10:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: auroraaus
a reply to: dreamingawake

I'm wondering because potentially there's another victim here. And that victim appears to be forgotten.

Followup update:

Sarah Blake @sarahblakemedia

Police were unable to find any evidence of the sexual assault #justinedamond reported on Saturday night

Source
As mentioned- If there really was a victim instead of another situation I really hope they are not forgotten/find justice for what happened.

new topics

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join