It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mandela Effect - Lynard Skynard Is Now Lynyrd Skynyrd

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 09:59 PM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

The spelling variations appear to be the most common ones, I've noticed.It's easy to see how flexible such a change could be.

You have brought up a reason for the band's name. Please TheConstruKctionofLight, I'm curious to hear how this post came to you.

Lol, it's an odd kind of question.I'm wondering if the info is new to you, or if you were aware of the way they decided to name themselves before reading the thread....
edit on 17-7-2017 by dffrntkndfnml because: grammar

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 10:26 PM
link   
I actually remember thinking about this one in school. I was under the impression a guy named Lenard Skinard had an album called Lenyrd Skynyrd, kind of a play on self titled albums, or that it changed every album. I dont listen to much rock..

But it was probably the poorly educated rock fan sitting next to me in study hall who was at fault. He drew a picture of a "CHONIC" leaf once, so. Not a bad artist but not so great with letters n such

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Very , very incorrect.
From someone in the old days that remembers the start and where the name comes from...
Over with

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 11:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: BigBangWasAnEcho
I actually remember thinking about this one in school. I was under the impression a guy named Lenard Skinard had an album called Lenyrd Skynyrd, kind of a play on self titled albums, or that it changed every album. I dont listen to much rock..

But it was probably the poorly educated rock fan sitting next to me in study hall who was at fault. He drew a picture of a "CHONIC" leaf once, so. Not a bad artist but not so great with letters n such

The name comes from their gym teacher....Leonard Skinner
Told em their hair was too long
They named the band "in his honor"

He was a PE teacher at Robert E. Lee High School in Jacksonville in the late 1960s when he sent a group of students to the principal's office because their hair was too long. they were suspended and told to get their hair cut.

Lynyrd Skynyrd teacher who inspired band name dies

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 12:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: dffrntkndfnml
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

The spelling variations appear to be the most common ones, I've noticed.It's easy to see how flexible such a change could be.

You have brought up a reason for the band's name. Please TheConstruKctionofLight, I'm curious to hear how this post came to you.

Lol, it's an odd kind of question.I'm wondering if the info is new to you, or if you were aware of the way they decided to name themselves before reading the thread....

you wrote the word dilemna in another thread.

you do realize thats not a word right?

Well it is for me..

so yea.. Color me confused.

what a dilemma...

edit on 18-7-2017 by Reverbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 01:06 AM
link   
Le-Nerd Ski-Nerd has changed???? Great horny toads!

Well: at least it hasn't affected some of the great band names, like:

Strolling Bones; Pudas Jreist; Miorn Aiden; Zed Freppelin; Peep Durple; Tethro Jull; No; Runny 'n Grosses;
Ded Rot Dhilly Peckers; Calice Pooper; The Whatnowthen; Dick Rasstly; and of course, who could ever forget that great Canadian band: Rash!

Well: as they say: Rick-on dude!

Le-Nerd
edit on 18-7-2017 by Nothin because: sp

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 01:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Pearj
I get where you're coming from - but it doesn't change what's happening with reality right now; for myself and many others -

Nothing is happening with your reality apart from you living in it. Your faulty memory is convincing you of an untruth. Nothing more.

ETA: Someone said these threads are "un needed". I disagree.

I disagree with your disagreement -- this sort of thread is exactly like the Flat Earth threads - wrong and a waste of human effort when we have all the scientific evidence to the contrary position.

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 01:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Reverbs
Lol, left is the other right!

I learned it dilemna, so I'll stick to that depending on who's marking!

a reply to: Gothmog
Thanks for the input.The inspiration for the story came across artistic, in the earlier posts.

Why as y or I, an artist can have fun with it...

This thread has me wondering if hypnosis has been used to research the ME.Specifically, if hypnotic regression could be used to double check what someone specifically remembers.This is probably covered by other studies on memory, idk what the limits of hypnosis are as far as recalling what was literally seen by someone.

I recall various MEs.The spelling of Oscar Meyer or Berenstein Bears seemed irrelevant until the whole ME came on my radar.I understand that the way someone remembers something, their honesty expressing that impression, and what actually happened could all vary depending on various factors.
edit on 18-7-2017 by dffrntkndfnml because: misc editing,clarity, :facepalm: lol, A&E are not I, I need to practice paying more attention!

edit on 18-7-2017 by dffrntkndfnml because: x2

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 05:55 AM
link   
FFS. Their eponymous debut album cover even has how to pronounce the band's name under the title on the cover.

This ME nonsense is well past tedious.

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 06:13 AM
link   
It's always been Lynyrd Skynyrd since the 70s - the gimmick about the spelling is that the entire name intentionally contains no vowels (and isn't Polish either
Accurate spelling has been in serious decline for a long time now and a recovery is beyond doubtful.
edit on 18/7/2017 by Pilgrum because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 07:21 AM
link   
a reply to: dffrntkndfnml

I love Madella threads, I think there may be something to it. I first heard Lynyrd Skynyrd in the 70's and was struck how it was spelled as it was in the news when their plane went down and it was newsworthy even in Australia. Started listening to them then.

I never knew why they named themselves as such until I googled them today
"Leonard Skinner, the school basketball coach who inspired the name"

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 07:24 AM
link   
Spelling errors are not the basis for a scientific phenomenon.
It has always been Lynyrd Skynyrd.

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 07:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Pearj

If you could humor me for a bit.
Let's suppose that magic isn't real and it was always Lynyrd.

Do you think it's possible that you just corrected the spelling in your head?

Much like very few names end in "...stain" even fewer end in "...yrd".

It's an interesting one, and it seems to follow the pattern of what people remember being easier to process than what it actually was.

Good find.

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 08:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Asktheanimals
Spelling errors are not the basis for a scientific phenomenon.
It has always been Lynyrd Skynyrd.

I have to disagree with that.
This is clearly a real phenomenon and spelling errors are the easiest examples of it to explain.

People just "remember" what is easier to process, sometimes it's 2 rows of seats in a car instead of the extremely rare 3 rows like with the JFK car and sometimes it's spelling errors.

It's definitely a real scientific phenomenon, but science is boring and hard.
Magic is exciting and fun.

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Wait is it Led Zepplin Led Zeppelin or ?

I Kid, its Zeppelin....

But was it?

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 08:57 AM
link   
a reply to: ChrisM101

Hold on, let me call Jimmy Paige and ask him.

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 08:59 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

What? It's now Jimmy PAIGE?!!!!!!!

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 09:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight
a reply to: dffrntkndfnml

I never knew why they named themselves as such until I googled them today
"Leonard Skinner, the school basketball coach who inspired the name"

What the? I always heard that it was the "School Janitor"

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 09:01 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Jon Paul Jones said No

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 09:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Nothin

You forgot the Beetles with the fake Paul....!!!

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join