It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mandela Effect - Lynard Skynard Is Now Lynyrd Skynyrd

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 07:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Pearj
You might change your mind when something you're absolutely sure of changes - and you'll probably learn of it from a thread like this.

I think everyone understands where this is coming from and why. The problem is thinking our own memory is reliable, when in fact nobody's memories are.

Unreliable Memory - Psychology Today

We tend to think that memories are stored in our brains just as they are in computers. Once registered, the data are put away for safe-keeping and eventual recall. The facts don’t change.

But neuroscientists have shown that each time we remember something, we are reconstructing the event, reassembling it from traces throughout the brain. Psychologists have pointed out that we also suppress memories that are painful or damaging to self-esteem. We could say that, as a result, memory is unreliable. We could also say it is adaptive, reshaping itself to accommodate the new situations we find ourselves facing. Either way, we have to face the fact that it is “flexible.”

The Human Truth Foundation on Memory

Our memories change over time and frequently they are simply wrong1,2. But most of us tend to think of memories as accurate accounts2. Extensive studies have shown that our memories of events are active interpretations of the past rather than picture-perfect records of it

Sometimes we just have to accept that our memory is flawed and it's perfectly normal to misremember even important events in our lives. It's normal, it's natural and it happens to every one of us.

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 07:58 PM
link   
The Beetles with Pawl, Reengo, Jon, and Jorge.

And then of course there's:

Pink Floyed
Creme
Aysee Deesee
Bob Seagar
Deaf Leopard
Fleatwood Mack

and last but not least:

Steppingwolf

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 07:59 PM
link   
I think some of you have a misunderstanding about the Mandela Effect..

Your original records should say Lynyrd.

It should always have been Lynard.

If I had that ticket stub, it would say Lynyrd.

There are a lot of resources online to get more information about the Mandela Effect. (I have a feeling you know about the ME though, and for some reason are using tangibles to let me know you disagree, which is a little weird given the definition of the ME.)

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 08:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Pearj

There are a lot of resources online to get more information about the Mandela Effect.

Credible ones?

No, because it's just not a real thing.

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 08:06 PM
link   
It has always. ALWAYS. Always been "Lynyrd Skynyrd." They even gave you a pronunciation guide on their first album.

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 08:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Pearj

Was always Lynyrd Skynyrd.. Sorry yet again you mandela people just have a crappy memory.

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Mandela Effect is getting olde.

edit on b000000312017-07-17T20:24:28-05:0008America/ChicagoMon, 17 Jul 2017 20:24:28 -0500800000017 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 08:13 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

Did you mean 'olde'? Cause that's the way I remember it being spelled.

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 08:20 PM
link   
a reply to: CranialSponge

You forgot some. Like:

The Clush
B G's
The Rolling Rocks
The Who? (They used to have the ?)
The Mummies and Daddies
The Birds
The Beach Men

And, last but not least,

Creedence Clearliquid Revival.

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 08:27 PM
link   
All of you sad saps just have bad memories or bad spelling or both.

With the exception of one.....

It's Berenstein dammit !!

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 08:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Pearj
I think some of you have a misunderstanding about the Mandela Effect..

Your original records should say Lynyrd.

It should always have been Lynard.

If I had that ticket stub, it would say Lynyrd.

There are a lot of resources online to get more information about the Mandela Effect. (I have a feeling you know about the ME though, and for some reason are using tangibles to let me know you disagree, which is a little weird given the definition of the ME.)

3 easy steps:
1.Google "Lynyrd Skynyrd ticket stubs".
2.Click on images.
3. Drop jaw.

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 08:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: CranialSponge

I remember it as Bearstain.

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 08:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryDon79

I remember it as Bearing Stains. Like sheet.

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 08:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

I remember it as Bearing Stains. Like sheet.

I recall it as Beer Stains.

:/

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 08:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

I remember when Lynard Skynard opened for Lead Zeppulin.

Must have been a great show.

Pynk Floids the wahl concert i hear was amazing.

Personally i like Dark Side of the Poon. Especially how it matches up with the Wizzerd of Claus. Or was it klaus?

Oh #, the ME has got me.

"Witch is witch, and hoo is hoo?"

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 09:08 PM
link   

We're not talking about your toilet habits, man....

Start your own thread if you want to talk about how you wipe back to front.

Pfft.

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 09:19 PM
link   
This brings to light the thing that really gets me about the mandela effect. If it's supposed to be reality being rewritten, or an alternate reality etc... Why are there left overs that don't get changed? Are the misspellings online supposed to be proof that others remember it the "correct" way? Does reality pick and choose how alternate realities manifest? Does cause and effect skip some internet users?

And why is it only useless name misspellings, bags of chips, candy etc.. It's almost as if everything that's incorrect or changed is directly related to early memories. Everyone seems to use old memories as proof without being willing to address the issue that our memories change over time and we remember what we commit to memory not everything that is. There's never a "I went to bed in South British Columbia and woke up in some new US state called Washington", it's always seems to be I grew up with Choco Puffs and now reality has phased and its called choco poofs! I'm not remembering things wrong, it's the world that's crazy!

I really think this is a direct result of victim hood culture and snowflake society. Everyone can be wrong. Which is way more plausible than CERN changed the name of a children's book. Being Obstinate with beliefs and change plus believing the world is out to ruin your good time seems way more mental then temporal.

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 09:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa
These threads are un needed. why you ask? BEcause both of you are right and wrong at the same time.

How is that possible? BECAUSE soem people will not be effected by the change and their memory will not reflect the changes to the time line.

Others will be of the opinion that all of us who remember the name the other way are mis remembering. Thats the way it is set up so that Time will be un effected.

It also effects older people and children harder than most. Still the effect happens but theres nothing you can do about it short of being john titor.

exactly..

it is funny to watch peopke prove "it always was the way it is now." lol of course it is niw and always the way it is.... but then again its now different all the way back for others.. either way it never changed.

Think peeps..

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Flat Earth is more credible than Mandela Effect.

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 09:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Perfectenemy
Good find. I theorized that as long you don't look up any of the things that could be attributed to the ME they stay the same for you. As soon you try to investigate it they suddenly change and slowly attempt to alter your memories. It's kinda creepy if you think about it.

Reminds me of the thought experiment with Schrödinger's cat.

Idk, about this band's name, having interests in other genres of music.The mind can be a delicate thing, I get the impression that perhaps the rise of the ME is a byproduct in the collective subconscious as science continues to investigate quantum physics.

The nature of time is paradox of sorts. Living in the present, yet able to perceive the past and future.

In dreams, often it's described that appearances can vary with what one focuses on.Going so far as using staring at items, and looking for changes to help figure out if one is dreaming or not.

A lot of the ME style changes individuals report are minor, so it's challenging trying to connect the dots into viable theories.

That being said, I've had some really unusual experiences with others in the past. I've brought them up years later to them, to see if they remember it the way I do.When getting feedback a "No," or "Yes," is much more comforting then silence.It feels uncomfortable learning to recognize memory can be much more fluid the most think.That's natural.

The MEs that interest me the most are the more dramatic ones, images, photos, and greater changes of context.I have enjoyed the discussion surrounding the ME.I don't see the harm in it, most of the ones I've noticed aren't exactly hills I'm willing to die on.Unless one take's their perspective on this personally, I find the ME makes for a more fascinating topic to discuss compared to some of others topics floating around...
edit on 17-7-2017 by dffrntkndfnml because: grammar

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join