It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Tornado Passed My House Today. (Pic)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+9 more 
posted on Jul, 15 2017 @ 12:02 PM
link   
My wife, kids, and I were eating at the local IHOP just down the road from our house, when everyone in the restaurant phones started going off with a shrill alarm.

I checked my phone and "tornado warning find shelter immediately" was the alert. Sure enough the sky turned grey and rain started to pour.

No one panicked everyone kept on enjoying their flap jacks. We very rarely have tornadoes around here. There hasn't been any damage or injuries reported, thankfully.

It's not am F5 or anything but like I said, rare for these parts so it was cool to see. We are right on the Chesapeake bay in Maryland. It started as a water spout before hitting land.

The picture was taken from a walking trail close to my house. Where the tornado is in this picture is right in my neighborhood.

WTOP local link
edit on 15-7-2017 by FauxMulder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2017 @ 12:31 PM
link   
a reply to: FauxMulder

It started as a water spout before hitting land.

Tornado Warning! (keeps eating flapjacks)

Out here on the west coast we don't even get water spouts. All we get is earthquakes, there is no warning alert for those. When it happens you know it, and before you know it, its over.

posted on Jul, 15 2017 @ 12:33 PM
link   
That is a great picture and I am not just referring to the subject matter. It is very nicely centred and the detail and colour contrast is striking. My compliments.

edit on 15-7-2017 by CulturalResilience because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-7-2017 by CulturalResilience because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
posted on Jul, 15 2017 @ 12:37 PM
link   

I zoomed in on your photo and I'm pretty sure I saw Hillary riding a bicycle.

posted on Jul, 15 2017 @ 12:38 PM
link   
a reply to: CulturalResilience

Thanks! Samsung galaxy S7 haha

posted on Jul, 15 2017 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Great picture!
La Plata was hit by a nasty one in '02. I think it was a F4?

posted on Jul, 15 2017 @ 12:41 PM
link   
A you sure it was a bicycle?
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

+1 more 
posted on Jul, 15 2017 @ 12:42 PM
link   

I'm actually retracting my observation because I don't want to kill myself.

posted on Jul, 15 2017 @ 12:43 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

So the question is ... do you continue eating your flapjacks once an earthquake begins?

posted on Jul, 15 2017 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Whatever it was I'm glad it wasn't me.

posted on Jul, 15 2017 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Too bad my house didn't land on her.

posted on Jul, 15 2017 @ 12:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

I zoomed in on your photo and I'm pretty sure I saw Hillary riding a bicycle.

Ummm...Well seeing as it's Chesapeake Bay...she's definitely not in Kansas anymore...

YouSir

posted on Jul, 15 2017 @ 12:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: FauxMulder
Too bad my house didn't land on her.

Goodbye my friend, nice knowing you.

posted on Jul, 15 2017 @ 12:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueJacket
a reply to: intrptr

So the question is ... do you continue eating your flapjacks once an earthquake begins?

No, everyone freezes, like-- "did you feel that?"

Usually because the initial tremor is at first almost indistinguishable, giving one just enough time to notice it, then BANG! You see that in a lot of earthquake footage, people hugging the ground and riding it out, there simply isn't time to do much else.

From a life time of experience riding west coast temblors anyway.

I prefer them to tornados personally. People further east seem to dismiss it, I can't imagine getting a house, town, whatever, turned to flying splinters.

posted on Jul, 15 2017 @ 01:05 PM
link   

I'm actually retracting my observation because I don't want to kill myself.

edit on 15-7-2017 by Trueman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2017 @ 01:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Trueman

That's how it would happen. Three to the back of the head and your favorite Masonic CIA Shill would have been reportedly found dead from an apparent suicide.

posted on Jul, 15 2017 @ 01:12 PM
link   

a reply to: Trueman

That's how it would happen. Three to the back of the head and your favorite Masonic CIA Shill would have been reportedly found dead from an apparent suicide.

Promise me to come back like a zombie and eat them all.

posted on Jul, 15 2017 @ 02:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: FauxMulder
My wife, kids, and I were eating at the local IHOP just down the road from our house, when everyone in the restaurant phones started going off with a shrill alarm.

I checked my phone and "tornado warning find shelter immediately" was the alert. Sure enough the sky turned grey and rain started to pour.

No one panicked everyone kept on enjoying their flap jacks. We very rarely have tornadoes around here. There hasn't been any damage or injuries reported, thankfully.

It's not am F5 or anything but like I said, rare for these parts so it was cool to see. We are right on the Chesapeake bay in Maryland. It started as a water spout before hitting land.

The picture was taken from a walking trail close to my house. Where the tornado is in this picture is right in my neighborhood.

WTOP local link

I was going to say how did you get home so fast to take the picture. Then realized you never said you took the photo. I was like that is a dam nice photo after a fast rush home lmao.

posted on Jul, 15 2017 @ 02:55 PM
link   
A friend of mine had one go through her back yard.
It didn't damage the house, but it chunked the AC unit through the fence.

posted on Jul, 15 2017 @ 03:44 PM
link   
So you live in the forest with elves???

I saw a water spout in Florida more than 25 years ago. We got out of the hotel and everybody on the boardwalk and the beach were standing still, looking towards the ocean. We looked and saw it.

It was slowly getting bigger, than get smaller and grow again. We saw it for 7 minutes and locals said it lasted about 10 minutes.
It must have been a little over a hundred feet high, and didn't connect with the clouds. There was a sail boat near it, and the spout seemed to tease it. It was getting closer and the people on the boat would quickly bring the sails down, but then the spout turned around only to come back once the people had put up the sails again in hope of leaving. It danced like that with the boat 4 to 5 times.
It was better than tv, haha.

I still see it in my mind's eye like it was yesterday. Glad to have seen one at least once.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join