It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

vatican bans " gluten free communion wafers " - just why ?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 03:47 AM
link   
hi - my latest poke into the soft underbelly of cult insanity

according to the latest vatican annoncement the eucharist bread CANNOT be gluten free

just WTF ?

if you actually read the cult " explaination " on taking the communion - why the hell should it matter what the ingredient list is - they claim its a magical transubstansiation - i will let that sink in

yup the " power " of gawds " magic " to change things - cannot work unless the precursor substance contains gluten - so much for omnipotence [ gawd also cannot handle enemies with iron chariots - but thats a seperate dig ]

also - gawds " powers " require quality wine - not plonk of " unknown provenace "

FFS - you really could not make this crap up - unless you run a cult with millions of sheep

read the source

edit on 10-7-2017 by ignorant_ape because: stupic BB code errors

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 04:02 AM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

Everyone knows gluten contains Midichlorians...

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 04:15 AM
link   
Hold on . Isnt it supposed to be unleavened bread only ? Do they buy it from a Wal-Mart shelf now ?

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 04:16 AM
link   

I'm MORE shocked that the Vatican OK's the use of GMO in the wafers!!!
That's insanity!

I mean just how traditional or authentic is it to go "The body of Christ" place it on the devoted's tongue and you're all YIPPEEE! My church sanctioned daily dose of Round-up!!

As a permanently lapsed Catholic I can honestly say no one knew what those things were made out of. Altho as kids we always suspected it was paper. The Wine issue is totally separate tho. The Church historically has always skimmed off the best from the market since basically forever. The party line has always been that's necessary, but no one in their right mind believes it. Priests just like a glass of good wine, and I'm sure by now the Vatican has the most impressive wine cellar in the world.

+2 more 
posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 04:38 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 04:59 AM
link   

So, they have food standards. What's the beef?

+1 more 
posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 05:04 AM
link   

I am no Catholic and no respecter of their religion but seriously

Do you just search this stuff out to whine and bitch about it at every chance you get
It's mind numbingly arrogant and self righteous, you are an atheist fundamentalist, sooky la la -ing about so much that is totally irrelevant to you

Why, what's wrong with you

Just tell me why you have to parade around like a hero, poo pooing others in relation to stuff that doesn't cause you any personal issues at all

So they don't like gluten, big deal, really
edit on 10-7-2017 by Raggedyman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 05:11 AM
link   
They believe in a giant invisible sky fairy, biology is well beneath them.

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 05:18 AM
link   
Why does Judaism have laws about Kosher food?
Why don't Muslim eat pork?

Seriously, this is a non-issue. So, Catholic doctrine requires unleavened bread in the Sacrament of the Eucharist. Why is this a big deal?

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 05:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

So, they have food standards. What's the beef?

I would imagine it would be organic, grain fed wagyu

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 07:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

I'm not religious either, but what if someone is, and they're highly allergic to gluten? I don't know the ritual, but are they allowed to pass , to not take the gluten laden little biscuit, without being thought less of?

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Personally, I figure it's the ritual cannibalism that is the elephant in the room. (Are elephants kosher?)

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 08:35 AM
link   
I never understood all those people,drinking out of the same wine cup ...and yeah the preacher wipes the cup....well...sort of....nice way to spread the flu .

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 09:00 AM
link   
a reply to: JohnnyCanuck

Yeah because it really turns into a persons body
I really hope you are not a representation of all Canadians

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Well, I can see most of you have little understanding about the Eucharist. It's a bit offensive, but hey, it is my understanding that atheists sit alone in assisted living apartments smoking cigarette butts they pull out of ashtrays from the bar across the street. Ignorance is bliss.

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 09:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: snowspirit
a reply to: Raggedyman

I'm not religious either, but what if someone is, and they're highly allergic to gluten? I don't know the ritual, but are they allowed to pass , to not take the gluten laden little biscuit, without being thought less of?

I am not a Catholic so I am unsure of what they believe.
Christianity teaches that communion is not a prerequisite to be a christian, it's a free choice and just a sign that Christians do to remember

If you were a believer and your salvation required you take a wafer, then you would have to question the god that made you rely on a little piece of bread to get into its good books, surely

Irrespective it's a persons choice and sookie la las should respect others choices instead of acting all smug, arrogant and fundamental. Especialy if it doesn't effect them in any way, in my opinion
Some atheists are the new religion, the religion of forcing others to do what they think is right.
edit on 10-7-2017 by Raggedyman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 09:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: apydomis
Well, I can see most of you have little understanding about the Eucharist. It's a bit offensive, but hey, it is my understanding that atheists sit alone in assisted living apartments smoking cigarette butts they pull out of ashtrays from the bar across the street. Ignorance is bliss.

That's a little judgemental....how is it offensive if we have not studied about certain religions, we cannot know everything.
What's offensive is your "understanding" of atheists.
At least those of us that do not know, are asking questions in order to learn.
Also, there are people that aren't religious, that are not atheists either.

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 09:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman

Best google Transubstantiation, because that is what the Church teaches. And sorry...all of us Canadians are just that clever!

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 10:54 AM
link   

according to the latest vatican annoncement the eucharist bread CANNOT be gluten free

just WTF ?

It's all about the Viscoelasticity

is the property of materials that exhibit both viscous and elastic characteristics when undergoing deformation. Viscous materials, like honey, resist shear flow and strain linearly with time when a stress is applied. Elastic materials strain when stretched and quickly return to their original state once the stress is removed. Viscoelastic materials have elements of both of these properties and, as such, exhibit time-dependent strain. Whereas elasticity is usually the result of bond stretching along crystallographic planes in an ordered solid, viscosity is the result of the diffusion of atoms or molecules inside an amorphous material.

And what element of wheat has the necessary Viscoelasticity?

Global demand for wheat is increasing due to the unique viscoelastic and adhesive properties of gluten proteins, which facilitate the production of processed foods
wiki-Wheat

“Hosts that are completely gluten-free are invalid matter for the celebration of the Eucharist. Low-gluten hosts (partially gluten-free) are valid matter, provided they contain a sufficient amount of gluten to obtain the confection of bread without the addition of foreign materials and without the use of procedures that would alter the nature of bread” (A. 1-2).
Letter to Bishops

As a physical reality, the gluten contains the tie that binds.
edit on 10-7-2017 by pthena because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 11:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: JohnnyCanuck

originally posted by: Raggedyman

Best google Transubstantiation, because that is what the Church teaches. And sorry...all of us Canadians are just that clever!

So I can only assume you believe that because someone else does
Oh dear, Canada

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join