It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mitch McConnell Says That If Repeal Fails - TaxPayers Will Need To RESCUE ObamaCare.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 10:53 AM
link   
a reply to: AkontaDarkpaw

You will be paying with taxes either way.

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 11:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
July 6, 2017

Things must be pretty bleak within the Republican party. After promising for SEVEN YEARS to REPEAL the Affordable Care Act (aka ObamaCare), Senate Majority "Leader", Mitch McConnell, is now saying that Republican control of the HOUSE, the SENATE, and the WHITE HOUSE, is not as "sweet" as he thought it would be.

McConnell is now suggesting that Republicans work with Democrats to "shore up" ObamaCare, as it's looking less likely that ObamaCare Repeal-Replace, or straight Repeal, is going to happen...EVER.

www.reuters.com...

"Shoring Up" ObamaCare is politically-correct slang for throwing Billions of ADDITIONAL Taxpayer Dollars to the Insurance Industry, year after year, in order to entice them back into the ObamaCare exchanges nationwide.

It's hard to believe that Mitch McConnell said this! (But he did.) Also, Democrat leaders say that they want to bail-out and prop-up the ObamaCare private insurance industry...the "EVIL and GREEDY" insurance industry. What's up with that? They hate the insurance industry!

ATS, if the Senate is unable to Repeal-Replace ObamaCare, are you for Congress directing billions of additional taxpayer dollars (YOUR dollars) to RESCUING the private health-insurance side of ObamaCare? (Medicaid is the government/public side. It's doing fine.)

As "wimpy" as Republicans are turning out to be this year, Senator Chuck Schumer might even compel them to enact a hybrid "Single Payer/Private Payer" model. There's no doubt that President Trump would be on-board with this, because, he has consistently spoken highly of these healthcare models in other countries. This hybrid system is what I prefer for America as well. (Republican impotence could be a good thing in this instance!)

-CareWeMust

Drudge linked to an article which was quoting Jason Chaffetz complaining about Republican leadership and stating that Congress has not done anything. He basically was saying leadership made all these promises and aren't delivering.

This is something a lot of us on the right have been complaining about and one of the reasons Trump won. The Republican leadership is SPINELESS. McConnell, Ryan, and the rest of their lackys. They voted to repeal Obamacare dozens of times but now that they have control, they can't repeal it? GTFOH. Vote on the same bills you voted on before.

The reality is that the Republican leadership doesn't want to get rid of O'care.

If the Republican leadership really believed their platforms they would be passing major tax reform (i.e., pretty much abolishing IRS and moving to fair tax type system) and repealing O'care. They have control of exec branch and congress. they can pass whatever they want at this point, but won't.

It is clear the RINOs and Democrats are the Uniparty.

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 11:59 AM
link   
The ACA was always a conservative-inspired plan to begin with.

Consider that, maybe, just maybe, they decided to Join the criticism launched by the Tea Party not because the ACA was a bad idea in general, but because of political expediency.

Perhaps they know that at the end of the day, th ACA is better for them ideologically than single payer.

I don't know really - just throwing this out there.
edit on 7-7-2017 by AboveBoard because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 08:18 PM
link   
a reply to: AboveBoard

You may be right. There's at least one ATS thread describing how Republicans were really for the PPACA in 2008-2009, even though not a one of them voted for passing it.

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 08:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vector99
a reply to: abe froman
Yea, but we must focus on the absolute fact millions will drop dead instantly when ACA gets repealed.

I honestly can't tell anymore if people are being sarcastic or not.

I don't see this comment being anything more than sarcasm because who in their right mind would believe fear mongering to this level?

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 08:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

It looks like President Trump is going to re-enter the fray and try to get Mitch McConnell to "grow a pair", after this G-20 summit is over.

Today, the White House took McConnell to the wood shed for saying that Republicans might need to work with Democrats, and "shore up" the ObamaCare health insurance market this Summer...

""The White House was caught off-guard by Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell's suggestion Thursday that Republicans might need to work with Democrats to prop up Obamacare if they fail to pass repeal and replace legislation.

Two White House officials said Friday they were taken aback by McConnell's comments, which clashed with President Donald Trump's statement a week earlier expressing support for a backup proposal favored by hardline conservatives to pass a standalone repeal bill, with a replacement to come later.

One senior White House official said they were "surprised" by McConnell's comments and said the White House sought assurances from McConnell's office that the top Senate Republican wasn't breaking with the current strategy.""

Source: (Banned URL) Reason: Terrorist MSM.

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 08:59 PM
link   
A One Sentence Heathcare Law

"Notwithstanding any other provision in state or federal law, a person who presents themselves while uninsured to any provider of a medical good or service shall not be charged a price greater than that which Medicare pays for the same drug, device, service or combination thereof."

The author goes on to explain this would stop in its tracks being charged excessive amounts for medical care.

He offers a simple penalty for violating "OSHL"

"Any bill rendered to a person in excess of said amounts shall (1) be deemed void, with all services and goods provided as a gift without charge or taxable consequence to said consumer but not deductible by said physician or facility from any income or occupational tax and (2) is immediately due to the customer in the exact amount presented as liquidated damages for the fraud so-attempted."

Repeal PPACA and in interim put "OSHL" in place until congress can agree on more extensive bill.

It'd at least tamp down on the financial rape that's now occuring.

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 10:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults
a reply to: entermemo

Why does it matter if it's a Republican voter?

Every American should be pissed about what is happening without for profit healthcare system.

We curently have a for profit system.

Additionally, single payer which we're eventually going to get around to implementing is also for profit.

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 10:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Abysha
Immigrant puppies.

John Oliver already replaced the Supreme Court with dogs and things seem to be going well.

Maybe we should replace the Senate too.

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 10:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mandroid7
Well, the tech is here for everyone to represent themselves now. The internet.
We don't need represented by a few douche nozzles taking payoffs

Split it by electoral colleges and checksum each voter.

Or, we could just post our cat pictures on Facebook all day

In theory, we could democratize a system like this... but what would we really gain from it? The average person has an average understanding of every idea and policy position, which is to say a very low understanding as any of us are really only experts on one field, at best.

At least when a small group of people vote, experts can target them and teach them. The typical voter has limited time to spend on these issues, and shouldn't have to spend time on them in the first place. Pure democracy has many pitfalls.

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 11:03 PM
link   
I think the solution is very simple. They can either Repeal and Replace or we will Recall and Replace.

Now I could be sassy about it and say the deadline is Oct 31...just so I can say Trick or Treat, suckers (or a more appropriate rhyming word there) but I think the point is already made.

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 11:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Phoenix

If you look at the prices associated with the services on this Medicare physician reimbursement schedule, www.covidien.com.../pdf , it would be a challenge for many uninsured people to pay their bill...even at the lower Medicare rate.

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 11:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Ahabstar

I don't have a problem with a nice, clean repeal. But the "replace" should only apply to people who can't get, or can't afford health insurance in the free market. They should be "replaced" to Medicare or Medicaid, depending on their income.

Government intrusion and mandates drives up the premiums significantly. Government should NOT mandate what a private insurer MUST cover. Consumers are smart enough to decide that for ourselves, at health insurance shopping time.

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 12:03 AM
link   

If you look at the prices associated with the services on this Medicare physician reimbursement schedule, www.covidien.com.../pdf , it would be a challenge for many uninsured people to pay their bill...even at the lower Medicare rate.

Oh I agree it's still nowhere near enough on cost reduction but in the interim it'd put a leash on worst of the abuse the public receives from providers billing practices as it now stands.

From many other threads on healthcare you know I'm for full unbridled application of anti-trust laws on the entire industry so that true cost discovery may occur in a free market which we haven't had for long time.

Were that done few would require insurance except for catastrophic events.

The taxpaying public could easily afford to provide care for the poor.

The federal budget would end deficits and balance.

The downside is for hospital administrative employment, non-healthcare providing personell, Insurance companies and many beauracrat types that depend on continuing financial rape of the public at an exponentially growing rate.

The upside is 2-4 years out we'd have economic boom likes of which would be like nothing seen before as dollars redeployed to productive uses.

Single payer or hybrids just allow for institutionalized financial rape to continue on as before with cost structures fully intact.

What do you think lobbyists have spent gazillion bucks on over the years?

I believe you know the answer as well as what's going to occur as a result - sooner or later, but not much later if no meaningful and drastic action taken on cost side.

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 01:35 AM
link   

There are now so many people earning less than $20,000, putting them on a taxpayer funded healthcare system would be very expensive. It stunned me to see that 40% of WORKING AMERICANS make less than $20,000 a year! Add in those who are NOT working, and you're probably up to 50%-60% of Americans being eligible for Taxpayer funded healthcare?

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 01:46 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

After reading: "Drain the Swamp. Repeal McConnell, then Repeal ObamaCare!"
townhall.com...

It occurred to me that Mitch McConnell is part of the problem.

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 03:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: xstealth

originally posted by: Vector99
a reply to: abe froman
Yea, but we must focus on the absolute fact millions will drop dead instantly when ACA gets repealed.

I honestly can't tell anymore if people are being sarcastic or not.

I don't see this comment being anything more than sarcasm because who in their right mind would believe fear mongering to this level?

Twas indeed sarcasm. Someone should invent a sarcasm font.

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Government intrusion and mandates drives up the premiums significantly. Government should NOT mandate what a private insurer MUST cover. Consumers are smart enough to decide that for ourselves, at health insurance shopping time.

Are they though? Look at all the people right now who say they don't want x, y, or z covered on their premium. What if someone doesn't cover cancer and then they get it? Do we just let them go bankrupt? The whole point of the ACA is that people shouldn't be losing their life savings and home because they get sick. That's going to happen with a la carte coverage.

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Very hard to repeal Obama Care when most politicians family and friends have jobs running it and are on the government payroll. a reply to: carewemust

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 06:06 PM
link   
a reply to: AkontaDarkpaw

I've got no problem with opt-outs, so long as forever after, you pay cash or you die. No take backs, the more the merrier.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join