It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mitch McConnell Says That If Repeal Fails - TaxPayers Will Need To RESCUE ObamaCare.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 12:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: ErrorErrorError
They are playing you out against eachother so they can screw ALL OF YOU
Trump is in it, Hillary is in it, Democrats and Republicans are in it
They are screwing you over while you are buisy calling eachother names and picking sides.
Dumb Americans

So, Americans rise up, throw all of our elected officials out of office, and replace them with....WHAT?

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 12:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
ATS, if the Senate is unable to Repeal-Replace ObamaCare, are you for Congress directing billions of additional taxpayer dollars (YOUR dollars) to RESCUING the private health-insurance side of ObamaCare? (Medicaid is the government/public side. It's doing fine.)

Our military discretionary spending is over 50% of our budget at around 600 billion dollars. I consider American's not getting healthcare as one of our greatest national threats.

So yeah. I don't mind if my taxes go up a couple hundred bucks a month (or whatever it is for me) if it is to combat that.

As "wimpy" as Republicans are turning out to be this year, Senator Chuck Schumer might even compel them to enact a hybrid "Single Payer/Private Payer" model. There's no doubt that President Trump would be on-board with this, because, he has consistently spoken highly of these healthcare models in other countries. This hybrid system is what I prefer for America as well. (Republican impotence could be a good thing in this instance!)

Nationalizing healthcare is the end-game scenario, anyway. There's no way around it. If Trump does nothing good aside from enacting single payer, I'll eat crow and call him an amazing president in hindsight.

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 12:52 AM
link   

They are screwing you over while you are buisy calling eachother names and picking sides.
Dumb Americans

So, Americans rise up, throw all of our elected officials out of office, and replace them with....WHAT?

Puppies.

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 12:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Dumb Americans

Puppies.

Immigrant puppies.

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 01:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Abysha

ATS, if the Senate is unable to Repeal-Replace ObamaCare, are you for Congress directing billions of additional taxpayer dollars (YOUR dollars) to RESCUING the private health-insurance side of ObamaCare? (Medicaid is the government/public side. It's doing fine.)

Our military discretionary spending is over 50% of our budget at around 600 billion dollars. I consider American's not getting healthcare as one of our greatest national threats.

So yeah. I don't mind if my taxes go up a couple hundred bucks a month (or whatever it is for me) if it is to combat that.

As "wimpy" as Republicans are turning out to be this year, Senator Chuck Schumer might even compel them to enact a hybrid "Single Payer/Private Payer" model. There's no doubt that President Trump would be on-board with this, because, he has consistently spoken highly of these healthcare models in other countries. This hybrid system is what I prefer for America as well. (Republican impotence could be a good thing in this instance!)

Nationalizing healthcare is the end-game scenario, anyway. There's no way around it. If Trump does nothing good aside from enacting single payer, I'll eat crow and call him an amazing president in hindsight.

We need a strong military, but $600 Billion is a bit much indeed! Particularly when bloody wars can be avoided by covertly removing certain threats proactively.

When it comes to healthcare a Public-Private hybrid is best. The cost to any given consumer can range from FREE, to $1,000 a month, if he/she wants the best of the best.

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 01:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Abysha

We need a strong military, but $600 Billion is a bit much indeed! Particularly when bloody wars can be avoided by covertly removing certain threats proactively.

When it comes to healthcare a Public-Private hybrid is best. The cost to any given consumer can range from FREE, to $1,000 a month, if he/she wants the best of the best.

Agreed. Honestly, I think it should simply be a percentage of your income (*ahem* tax), with a minimum and a cap.

So if you make, say, less than 1,200 a year, it would be free. If you make over 150,000, you'd reach a cap. Or something similar.

Nationalized is the way to go but I'd take a hybrid over the ACA and everything we've had before it.

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 01:16 AM
link   

Dumb Americans

Well, the tech is here for everyone to represent themselves now. The internet.
We don't need represented by a few douche nozzles taking payoffs

Split it by electoral colleges and checksum each voter.

Or, we could just post our cat pictures on Facebook all day

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 02:16 AM
link   
McConnell probably doesn't want to deal with the political fallout from his own state. There's a lot of poor people in Kentucky who have insurance now that didn't before, and most of them vote Republican.

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 02:17 AM
link   
Mitch McConell says...
In other news , Chicken Little says the sky is falling
Film at 11:00

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 03:14 AM
link   
Everyone acts like it was a benefit taken from them,only ones it will be taken from is those who never paid for ,quit giving government control over your life,only the deadbeats will suffer,and rightly so,too many able bodied sitting at home in garages and basements,get an frickin job,pay your own way,it builds self esteem

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 04:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: carewemust

Republicans are dirtbag cowards.

Sure, democrats are freedom-hating Marxists, but the republicans are truly yellow-bellied cowards.

At this point, not sure who is worse.

Very clear at this point Marxists are leading the charge, you are getting soft.

You clearly have more confusion by the day, realize the enemies are off-worlders who are owning left the most right now , (pardon pun) but quickly adjust too them ALL being used.

Not a one of them is fit, not one of them worthy to stop anything, someone ELSE must expose everything, the things that no one will do.

True victory can be had, none can be had by ANY norm.

TRUTH the only way, or fade quickly, and now.

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 05:39 AM
link   
For the people going on about military spending, let me point out that you are making the same mistake that has been made countless times over the years.

You point at the big number and want it cut, you yell at congress to cut DoD's budget... and when they do they just dump people and cut benefits. Even though 90% of the funding goes to things like military contractors selling some new POS system that some congress critter wanted built in their district for votes. Or some system that is bought from an ally for political reasons not because we actually needed it.

I am kind of surprised that on a conspiracy site so many people fall into that trap on a regular basis, especially since we do have more than a few military veterans on this site.

So you want to cut the budget, that is fine really it does not bother me, but please make certain when you communicate that to congress that you do so in such a way as to identify where the waste is. Procurement, black book projects, and general officer levels (the military is like a decade behind on drawing down the number of generals it has) and go to town.

On that note, Mitch needs to go... just go be gone never heard from again.

I cannot stand the guy, he is the republican version of Pelosi, a walking talking example of everything wrong with congress.

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 05:44 AM
link   
If anyone is actually surprised the Mconnel said this at all, then they aren't very politically aware, he's been. RHINOS from day one....

No one wants to listen to Rand Paul who actually had some great ideas to fix this whole thing

But that's only because they aren't interested in actually fixing anything....

If you're surprised by his statements you probably voted for Trump...no offense intended just observations by the many many people I know

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 05:45 AM
link   

Dumb Americans

People like Rand Paul.

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 05:54 AM
link   
Instead of a bailout I say we hang every single politician and lobbyist involved.

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 06:48 AM
link   

This is nowhere near surprising. The Republicans tried to pull a fast one over America and sneak in a very toxic bill knowing that Trump wouldn't read it before signing it. They used even sneakier tactics than they accused the Democrats of doing when drafting they were drafting the ACA to write this abomination which has dismal approval rating. Thus they are ducking and dodging town halls where people are pissed that they are about to lose health insurance. Meanwhile, more Democrats are getting on board with universal health care, so if McConnell has to eat crow he only has that option to look forward to. Sounds like that crow will be nice and juicy

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 07:10 AM
link   
Step right up and get your fear here. That's right, the people that brought you the much sought-after 'death panels' have come up with another fear-and-loathing product that every God-fearing American needs: taxpayer bailouts of ACA. Don't you worry about the $54B in increased defense spending. Or the $25B Not-so-Great Wall project. You all can afford those. But this ObamaCare disaster... well my friends, this is the real deal. When our boy Donald promised you all better, less expensive healthcare for everyone he didn't really mean 'everyone'. Or 'better'. Or 'less expensive'. The media took all of that out-of-context and misquoted him. All those videos? They were all doctored by the liberal media... trust us. You know we always tell the truth. Now repeat after me: Make (some of) America Great Again!!!!

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Who are you going to call? Republicans are in control of legislature from state to feds and governors. The goal of gerrymandering has come to fruition, to destroy an entity labeled "THE LEFT" and take away the balance of power. I don't know who The Left is anymore, it changes each day.

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Cry, Whine, Bitch, Moan.

WAAAHHHHH

Face it y'all. It's OUR fault this is happening because we let it and we let it because we're just big pussies that think "someone else" will fix it.

I know..I'll sit down and write an angry letter to my congressman. Yeah...that''ll do it.

Like someone else wrote once, "Vote from the rooftops". No, I'm not advocating violence in any way, shape or form but face it - what's we've been doing ain't working. Time to make some changes.

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 10:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Throes

Dumb Americans

People like Rand Paul.

Rand Paul and Ted Cruz are right on target with wanting to unwind the ObamaCare tentacles, but the "safety-net" coverage in both their states (Kentucky/Texas) was virtually non-existent before ObamaCare.

We gotta have the hybrid system of Private/Government. America can certainly afford it!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join