It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mitch McConnell Says That If Repeal Fails - TaxPayers Will Need To RESCUE ObamaCare.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 11:51 PM
link   
July 6, 2017

Things must be pretty bleak within the Republican party. After promising for SEVEN YEARS to REPEAL the Affordable Care Act (aka ObamaCare), Senate Majority "Leader", Mitch McConnell, is now saying that Republican control of the HOUSE, the SENATE, and the WHITE HOUSE, is not as "sweet" as he thought it would be.

McConnell is now suggesting that Republicans work with Democrats to "shore up" ObamaCare, as it's looking less likely that ObamaCare Repeal-Replace, or straight Repeal, is going to happen...EVER.

www.reuters.com...

"Shoring Up" ObamaCare is politically-correct slang for throwing Billions of ADDITIONAL Taxpayer Dollars to the Insurance Industry, year after year, in order to entice them back into the ObamaCare exchanges nationwide.

It's hard to believe that Mitch McConnell said this! (But he did.) Also, Democrat leaders say that they want to bail-out and prop-up the ObamaCare private insurance industry...the "EVIL and GREEDY" insurance industry. What's up with that? They hate the insurance industry!

ATS, if the Senate is unable to Repeal-Replace ObamaCare, are you for Congress directing billions of additional taxpayer dollars (YOUR dollars) to RESCUING the private health-insurance side of ObamaCare? (Medicaid is the government/public side. It's doing fine.)

As "wimpy" as Republicans are turning out to be this year, Senator Chuck Schumer might even compel them to enact a hybrid "Single Payer/Private Payer" model. There's no doubt that President Trump would be on-board with this, because, he has consistently spoken highly of these healthcare models in other countries. This hybrid system is what I prefer for America as well. (Republican impotence could be a good thing in this instance!)

-CareWeMust

edit on 7/6/2017 by carewemust because: Title Adjustment

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 11:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
July 6, 2017

Things must be pretty bleak within the Republican party. After promising for SEVEN YEARS to REPEAL the Affordable Care Act (aka ObamaCare), Senate Majority "Leader", Mitch McConnell, is now saying that Republican control of the HOUSE, the SENATE, and the WHITE HOUSE, is not as "sweet" as he thought it would be.

McConnell is now suggesting that Republicans work with Democrats to "shore up" ObamaCare, as it's looking less likely that ObamaCare Repeal-Replace, or straight Repeal, is going to happen...EVER.

www.reuters.com...

"Shoring Up" ObamaCare is politically-correct slang for throwing Billions of ADDITIONAL Taxpayer Dollars to the Insurance Industry, year after year, in order to entice them back into the ObamaCare exchanges nationwide.

It's hard to believe that Mitch McConnell said this! (But he did.) Also, Democrat leaders say that they want to bail-out and prop-up the ObamaCare private insurance industry...the "EVIL and GREEDY" insurance industry. What's up with that? They hate the insurance industry!

ATS, if the Senate is unable to Repeal-Replace ObamaCare, are you for Congress directing billions of additional taxpayer dollars (YOUR dollars) to RESCUING the private health-insurance side of ObamaCare? (Medicaid is the government/public side. It's doing fine.)

As "wimpy" as Republicans are turning out to be this year, Senator Chuck Schumer might even compel them to enact a hybrid "Single Payer/Private Payer" model. There's no doubt that President Trump would be on-board with this, because, he has consistently spoken highly of these healthcare models in other countries. This hybrid system is what I prefer for America as well. (Republican impotence could be a good thing in this instance!)

-CareWeMust

As long as it isn't mandatory to have the insurance then they can do whatever they want, but I don't want to be forced to pay penalties on something I can't afford to begin with.

If this means a move towards what they have in the UK or Canada then that's a horse of a different color.
edit on 6-7-2017 by AkontaDarkpaw because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 11:54 PM
link   
Wonder how much the insurance companies paying him ?

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 11:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: VengefulGhost

Good question! But i very much doubt its the insurance companies providing the bribes as its a losing venture for them.

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 12:01 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust
Absolutely nothing will change until the costs of medical treatment are reigned upon.

When you need a new hip, and the cost in the USA is MORE than taking an extravagant 2 month vacation to Europe AND getting the hip replaced while on vacation....you do the math.

Insurance is the problem, NOT the solution.

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 12:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Vector99

That's the core of it all.

Politicians promise healthcare and deliver nothing but taxes and insurance regulations.

Mitch McConnell is a criminal pos.

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 12:11 AM
link   
a reply to: abe froman
Yea, but we must focus on the absolute fact millions will drop dead instantly when ACA gets repealed. And it will be Trumps fault.

The media is also guilty tbh, the lobbyists buy the media to push the agenda, and the politicians to make it so.

Quite the clusterfudge if you ask me.

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 12:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: AkontaDarkpaw

July 6, 2017

www.reuters.com...

-CareWeMust

As long as it isn't mandatory to have the insurance then they can do whatever they want, but I don't want to be forced to pay penalties on something I can't afford to begin with.

If this means a move towards what they have in the UK or Canada then that's a horse of a different color.

It's almost certain that the mandate to BUY health insurance will not be in place next year. Actually, it's never been enforced to begin with, because the software tie-in between insurance companies and the ObamaCare system (Healthcare.gov) was only completed a few months ago. You check the "Yes, I have health insurance" box on the IRS Form 1040, and you're all good.

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 12:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: AkontaDarkpaw

originally posted by: VengefulGhost

Good question! But i very much doubt its the insurance companies providing the bribes as its a losing venture for them.

Correct. They're just standing at the station waiting for the taxpayer gravy-train to arrive.

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 12:30 AM
link   
If I was a republican voter i would be furious. There is no excuse for not having a repeal / replace bill ready to go. They have had 6+ years to figure this out. They have been running on "repeal obamacare" for years and this is what they have to show for it?

Its pathetic.

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 12:30 AM
link   
I'm personally opted out of my coverage for now. Might change but for now..

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 12:31 AM
link   
a reply to: entermemo

Why does it matter if it's a Republican voter?

Every American should be pissed about what is happening without for profit healthcare system.

link   

originally posted by: Vector99
Absolutely nothing will change until the costs of medical treatment are reigned upon.

When you need a new hip, and the cost in the USA is MORE than taking an extravagant 2 month vacation to Europe AND getting the hip replaced while on vacation....you do the math.

Write your House/Senate representatives. Make your feelings known to them.

link   
I voted for REPEAL.

I did not vote for REPEAL and REPLACE.

The RINOs need to be named and replaced in the next elections. They LIED and they are balking at carrying out the will of the people.

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Republicans are dirtbag cowards.

Sure, democrats are freedom-hating Marxists, but the republicans are truly yellow-bellied cowards.

At this point, not sure who is worse.

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 12:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: entermemo
If I was a republican voter i would be furious. There is no excuse for not having a repeal / replace bill ready to go. They have had 6+ years to figure this out. They have been running on "repeal obamacare" for years and this is what they have to show for it?

Its pathetic.

I agree 110%, Entermemo. "PATHETIC" is an understatement. Senators in the most conservative states are getting an ear-full in their town halls during this 4th of July holiday recess. "Fulfill your promise to repeal-replace, or you'll be out of a job after 2018!", is what they're hearing.

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 12:41 AM
link   
We could cut our military spending in half,and while still outspending every other country on defense, have

$300,000,000,000.00 to spend on education and healthcare.

Every one of our elected officials is a crook.

America is in the killing business not the healing business.

Any healthcare law that the politicians are exempt from is a load of horsehockey.

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 12:45 AM
link   
They are playing you out against eachother so they can screw ALL OF YOU
Trump is in it, Hillary is in it, Democrats and Republicans are in it
They are screwing you over while you are buisy calling eachother names and picking sides.
Dumb Americans

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 12:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Republicans are dirtbag cowards.

Sure, democrats are freedom-hating Marxists, but the republicans are truly yellow-bellied cowards.

At this point, not sure who is worse.

My 2017 Republican party reminds me of this neighbor where I grew up. When there was a Thunderstorm, he'd hide in his basement. When there was a car wreck at the intersection, and power lines came down, he feared that the gas lines in the neighborhood would catch fire and kill everyone.

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 12:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vector99

Write your House/Senate representatives. Make your feelings known to them.

Not sure if sarcasm

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join