It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wikileaks: CNN extorts/blackmails amateur satirist who made video tweeted by Trump.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 01:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: MysticPearl

Supposedly against a minor as well.

DAMMMN!

I've never seen that. That has serious implications for these SJW psychos.

edit on 5-7-2017 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

+13 more 
posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 01:07 AM
link   
Figured I'd make one of my own.

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 01:08 AM
link   
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

I don't see it as deflecting. He was simply suprised that since he is supposedly very easily doxxed he hasn't been identified since due to his apparently hateful posts. 4chan constantly doxx people.

edit on 7/5/2017 by Deaf Alien because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 01:09 AM
link   
CNN has hurt America internally, and on the world's stage, far more than ISIS ever could. Threatening a 15 year old kid is minor by comparison. But hey...if the cumulative effect is what's needed to terminate this domestic terrorist MSM, so be it!

I hope President Trump is dedicating legal resources to finish the bastards off.

+7 more 
posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 01:11 AM
link   
Seriously, what the hell was CNN even thinking? How does a multi billion dollar corporation lack both the insight and foresight to realize the repercussions of their actions?

+3 more 
posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 01:15 AM
link   
CNN is done. And may be done in completely . AT&T was talking about shedding some leaders @ CNN if the buyout of Time-Warner goes through. Now there is rumor of replacing CNN with another "news" show.
CNN has been bleeding off viewers like a punctured jugular for some time now . Even the house for sale shows are topping them in ratings. And yet , CNN doesnt realize why . And they continue the same failed company stance . Even defending it strongly . Looks as if the count is 0 and 2 with 2 outs and they are gonna take the next pitch . SO. End game
Stick a fork in em . Yep , they are done...

+8 more 
posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 01:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Deaf Alien

Nope, he was definitely deflecting. He even mentioned the kids posting history on anti semetics and all that. What relevance does that even have? Zero. He just wanted to take the focus away from CNN.

edit on 5-7-2017 by knowledgehunter0986 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 01:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Konduit

I'd like to see one of Donald Schwarzenegger jamming that spear into the alien Predator's chest with the "CNN" logo spitting out green blood, as Don Schwarz exclaims, "What an Ugly Mutha Forker."

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 01:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Konduit
Figured I'd make one of my own.

You inspired me......

+5 more 
posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 01:21 AM
link   
It's official, CNN is not a news outlet anymore, it's a terrorist organization. Time for Trump to end their "White House press briefings!" Time Warner should just give them up, now their just trash.

edit on 5-7-2017 by imitator because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 01:22 AM
link   
I've been reading comments about how CNN better "watch out" otherwise they'll be doxxed...

Well, the thing is, you can't really "doxx" a news outlet. The journalists put their names next to the headlines. I suppose annons could put out their phone numbers and home addresses, but that isn't hard to find if you know their name already.

The reason I suspect CNN is showing "restraint" (feigned or real) is due the kid's age. Knowing the person is 15 now makes a lot more things click.

Have you folks seen the "apology"?

At first the apology seemed so stiff, forced for an adult leading me to think that CNN had some kind scary lawyer contacting the guy -- but the dude's 15, his parents are probably making him apologize after learning it was their son who had all the racist/bigoted/anti-Semitic posts tied to that reddit account. I know at 15 my parents would have been pissed at me...

CNN could have done things a few different ways here.

1. They release the kids name, which IMO would have been the worst thing for CNN, you and me.

2. Not release the kids name, say nothing. The problem with that is it doesn't prevent another journalist with another outlet from releasing the kids name.

They took option #3:

There really isn't an good way to say "we know who made the .gif and we're not saying who it is -- and neither should you." By saying, "We know who the individual is, and we're not saying who it is out of respect for the privacy" -- they're essentially putting other journalists on notice that they shouldn't release the person's name either.

It isn't what I would have advised CNN to do, knowing how the people of the internet would take it.

Let me again repeat that statement: It isn't what I would have advised CNN to do.

Look, the kid apparently made it pretty easy to discover who is is from his posts all on his own. That's an entirely other topic for another thread (on how millenials and younger generations are to trusting online).

Anyway, it's not like CNN spent thousands of hours and resources to track this kid down, which means it's highly likely other news agencies (both MSM and independent bloggers) also have this kids identity right now, already.

I think what CNN should have done was confirm they had an identity but not contact the person. CNN should have made a statement saying that yeah, sure, they know who made the meme, but in the interest of self-expression and free speech they're "not going to investigate or push the matter".

That would have served two purposes:

1. Put other outfits on notice that they shouldn't either, putting CNN out in front of any possible release of personal information dropped by a blog or other MSM outlet.

2. Kept CNN from looking petty and/or menacing.

I honestly don't think they're blackmailing the kid or his family. I really don't. I think the entire thing was bungled, and to be honest -- handled quite irresponsibly. Why even bother contacting the kid? To confirm he's the person? Who cares, CNN?

CNN should have stayed the hell away and not made contact. Period. What's surprising is how many young people work for CNN. The "culture" of the internet has it's own social rules and these types of things aren't "cool" or "OK" to netizens. God I'm showing my age, we used to call people of the internet 'netizens' back in the 90s.

Anyway. That's how I feel. Not condoning, but I'm also not jumping on this hive-mind blind rage train either.

Damn CNN, you screwed this one up.
edit on 5-7-2017 by Kettu because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 01:23 AM
link   
a reply to: imitator

Oh my:

+5 more 
posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 01:23 AM
link   
4chan is going to war folks. Weaponized autism incoming.

CNN GIF THREAD

DID cnn DECLARE WAR ON US?

WARNING! EXTRA EXTRA SPICY.

edit on 5-7-2017 by Konduit because: (no reason given)

+15 more 
posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 01:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Kettu

CNN could have done things a few different ways here.

Yea, like not be triggered to the point where they felt the need to search, find and blackmail the kid.

When you put this into perspective, the rest of your post is moot.

+7 more 
posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 01:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

Mike Cernovich congrats CNNs @KFILE for attacking a 15 year old kid....

Also, never get on Steve Millers bad side - he can unleash the kracken, and it's ugly...

+5 more 
posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 01:35 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 01:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien

OK - so that is now my favorite one. (god damn it, I must have changed my mind about ten times since seeker63 sent me to another website to sus-out the meme-fest).

LOL

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 01:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Kettu

CNN should have just moved on. What does the kid who originated a meme, which then was shared thousands of times have to do with Trump sharing that meme? Does CNN have evidence that this kid is where trump got it from?

IMO CNN tracked the kid down to sue him for trademark infringement. Found out it was a minor, not David Duke, and realized how bad that would look. So instead they decided to coerce the kid into saying he was sorry.

If they were truly virtue signaling to others that they shouldn't dox this kid, why did they reserve the right to dox him later if he went back on his apology?

+14 more 
posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 01:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

How about this one? I had to resize due to 2mb limitation.

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 01:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Deaf Alien

Now that's more like it... CNN beheaded!

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join