It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wikileaks: CNN extorts/blackmails amateur satirist who made video tweeted by Trump.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 03:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Deny Arrogance
CNN IS ISIS.

Just when you thought their reputation couldn't sink any lower...

Oh my god! I love it!! That has to go viral!

Edit: the more I think about this, the deeper it sinks in. This very well could be the spark that ignites the next civil war. If nothing else it just started a war between the media and the people. It will polarize more indifferents into Trumps camp
edit on 5-7-2017 by Guiltyguitarist because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 03:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: Sublimecraft

Oh wait. I thought fighting back no matter how powerful you are is ok.
Or is it only ok if it's trump hitting the media.
Give me a break.
Hypocrisy reeks.

No hypocrisy at all. If an individual speaks against a corporation fine. If a corporation endangers the safety of an individual and his family, not fine.
When Ms Karen and her family's safety are compromised by a corporate identity you will understand.

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 03:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Guiltyguitarist

Give me a break.
Hypocrisy reeks.

No hypocrisy at all. If an individual speaks against a corporation fine. If a corporation endangers the safety of an individual and his family, not fine.
When Ms Karen and her family's safety are compromised by a corporate identity you will understand.

I'm not so sure he will. He seems to be contrary to anything factual.

defies logic...

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 03:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Dfairlite
I just want her to admit she's trolling for lulz. No one is that dense in real life

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 03:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: badw0lf

originally posted by: Guiltyguitarist

Give me a break.
Hypocrisy reeks.

I'm not so sure he will. He seems to be contrary to anything factual.

defies logic...

it's a she. Her name is Karen. I've been following her trolls for a while. One night she must've been drunk cuz she slipped up and said her name

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 04:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: MysticPearl
a reply to: Sillyolme

This is fascism.

Unbelievable that they could pull this crap - I won't be surprised if they force this guy to carry on his 'apologies' on air.

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 04:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6

Well damn CNN just when you think there is no way they can lose any more credibility, wham a new low.

I'd be willing to bet dollars to doughnuts it might not have been a strong arm ploy, but a payoff, a shhh be quiet and go away check, verbiage from the supposed blogger sounded like part of a non disclosure agreement payoff.

I can imagine Ted Turner just shaking his head....

He might get a payoff now, but I doubt this is how it started.. remember, it was just one of many meme's out there not even produced specifically for Trump to use. The motivation from CNN's side was almost certainly just plain old vindictiveness. It may now turn into a payoff as this has blown up in CNN's faces.

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 04:10 AM
link   
No surprise, Boston ANTIFA supporting corporate fascism.

edit on 5-7-2017 by Konduit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 04:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Konduit
No surprise, Boston ANTIFA supporting corporate fascism.

That antifa has to be satire

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 04:38 AM
link   

Got it: when the President of the United States tells the Director of the FBI that he "hopes" he will go easy on someone it is not a threat. When a cable news network says that it reserves the right to publish the name of someone who violated their copyright by making unauthorized use of their logo, that is somehow criminal extortion. The hypocrisy. It burns.

+5 more 
posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 04:42 AM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

You really don't see the difference between a party saying:

"I hope you'll xxxxxxxxx"

versus

"If you make fun of us again, we'll sick the hounds on you"

REALLY???

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 04:43 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

The motivation from CNN's side was almost certainly just plain old vindictiveness. It may now turn into a payoff as this has blown up in CNN's faces.

You are a master of inversion. That the President of the United States would post a violent video created by a self proclaimed troll shows just how petty and vindictive he is. It has backfired in his face. CNN has legal grounds to sue the troll but, unlike Trump. has taken higher ground.

+20 more 
posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 04:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

Got it: when the President of the United States tells the Director of the FBI that he "hopes" he will go easy on someone it is not a threat. When a cable news network says that it reserves the right to publish the name of someone who violated their copyright by making unauthorized use of their logo, that is somehow criminal extortion. The hypocrisy. It burns.

Your lateral thinking leaves a lot to be desired and in your attempt to draw comparisons between Trump/FBI Director and CNN/15 year old kid you have shown me that you still have a very long way to go as an objective journalist.

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 04:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Dfairlite

You don't see the difference between a powerful man locking the door, asking you if you like your job, then making it clear you must put loyalty over honesty and do something illegal for him, and a media outlet taking perfectly legal measures against someone who is trying to damage their credibility, thus potentially robbing them of income?

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 04:49 AM
link   

Your lateral thinking leaves a lot to be desired and in your attempt to draw comparisons between Trump/FBI Director and CNN/15 year old kid you have shown me that you still have a very long way to go as an objective journalist.

Donald Trump is not a fifteen year old kid. Why did he post this video? (Oh, and there is nothing wrong in expressing an opinion. That is what freedom of expression is about.)

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 04:51 AM
link   

...violated their copyright by making unauthorized use of their logo...

The Fair Use doctrine likely comes into play here, though there may be an interesting discussion to be had in relation to parody and satire.

+5 more 
posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 04:53 AM
link   

It has backfired in his face.

Oh, I really don't think it has. At least, not in the real world, I can't speak for what madness is going through the heads of the eejits over at CNN.

Edited to add: In fact, if anything, CNN have once again snatched defeat from the jaws of victory here. If they had left the kid alone, people would have been more willing to accept them as a victim here. Instead, they went on the attack against some random member of the public. THAT is the only thing people will remember or talk about in relation to this situation. CNN put their foot so far into their own mouths than they'll leave bootprints on the chair when they sit down.
edit on Ev56WednesdayWednesdayAmerica/ChicagoWed, 05 Jul 2017 04:56:13 -05004552017b by EvillerBob because: (no reason given)

+3 more 
posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 04:54 AM
link   

a reply to: UKTruth

The motivation from CNN's side was almost certainly just plain old vindictiveness. It may now turn into a payoff as this has blown up in CNN's faces.

You are a master of inversion. That the President of the United States would post a violent video created by a self proclaimed troll shows just how petty and vindictive he is. It has backfired in his face. CNN has legal grounds to sue the troll but, unlike Trump. has taken higher ground.

So you see no wrong in a Corporate news organisation threatening a private citizen with exposure over a meme?
You need to brush up on your law - CNN has no grounds to sue.
Even most liberals are staying away from backing up CNN on this - only the crazies are trying to defend them.

+9 more 
posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 04:56 AM
link   

Donald Trump is not a fifteen year old kid. Why did he post this video? (Oh, and there is nothing wrong in expressing an opinion. That is what freedom of expression is about.)

The thread is about CNN blackmailing and threatening a private citizen... stop deflecting onto Trump.

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 04:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

..must be a CNN journalist - objectivity is not required there.. only blackmailing skills.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join