It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS In Decline?

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 03:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: pirhanna
a reply to: JohnnyCanuck

Right wing left wing, same old game. I dont like that ATS has become more about partisan politics than conspiracy and other topics, but thats really a reflection of where we are as a society, and ATS is not immune to whats happening around us. We are not immune to it.

It would be nice if there were a way to reduce partisan politics, but im not sure how that would work.

We could reduce partisan politics if people in general were more willing to be honest. That is something I have observed. More and more people are less willing to admit when they are wrong or admit that their "side" is wrong.

They tend to ignore it, deflect or move on.

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 03:25 PM
link   
a reply to: DoubleDNH

The non-political forums are still here.

Their popularity, however, is up to us as members to decide, and we decide every time we choose a thread to read. Politics continue to suck the air out of the room, because they are the new opiate of the masses, as it were.

But for those of us interested in other things, the world hasn't ended just yet.

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 03:27 PM
link   

As you might recall I also feel more or less like you do. It's not the discussion about politics that really bugs me - it's where and how its done.

If I start a thread on say - leprechauns. Say, my OP title reads "I saw a leprechaun (with pictures)". So, my OP tells the story of me having a new smartphone and testing its camera making pictures of flowers and insects in my garden. Than a leprechaun ran across my premises and I managed to snap a video and a lot of picturs of it.

Interesting, you say? Well, I bet that roughly the 2nd or 3rd response wouldl contain some comment like "probably a democrat on his way out" or "long hair and a beard? Must be one of those danged liberals!" etc.

Currently, TEN out of FIFTEEN headlines on the main page are political tripe. And that's a good day, actually: I've visited here on days that ALL headlines were political tripe. Bah.

I have said this before: this reeks of infiltration by a cohort of folks that aren't here to make this an enjoyable site - no, they are here to chase the real ATS population away. Either that, or the entire right wing is suffering from amnesia - might I remember yall that you WON the election, not LOOSE it?

Can we just have ATS back please?

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 03:28 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

Can't help but laugh at this, since it's coming from you. But, hey, if you're really serious about this proposition, then don't you think it's up to you to take the first step?

How many more years need to pass, in order for you to admit that the mainstream media is waging a whole out war against Donald Trump, for their own hidden agenda?

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 03:29 PM
link   
a reply to: jimmyx

The thing is, it's not just here at ATS. If that was the case it would be easily ignored. But the fact is, is that it's everywhere. It's all over the internet from youtube comments to twitter and all social media. I even see it in comments within sites that have nothing to do with politics. Some of the strangest places online will have the random political troll doing his thing just because.

But it's in the news as well and other forms of entertainment television. Even when you completely ignore all such digital forms of communication it's even in the wild. It's infected families causing divorce, family gathers at holiday's to be broken I mean when you have couples, friends and family actually separating and not speaking you realize that the whole of American society has been effected, or perhaps infected, with a partisan division that doesn't seem to have a remedy that we know about.

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Seems like THESE posts are a great way to finally engage the MODS and SEE where they stand.

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 03:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Nikola014

Can't help but laugh at this, since it's coming from you. But, hey, if you're really serious about this proposition, then don't you think it's up to you to take the first step?

I make it a point to be honest and admit my mistakes. In a thread a few days ago I make a mistake, made an ass out of myself and I owned it. I admitted it. The person I was conversing with was not as honest in their approach.

How many more years need to pass, in order for you to admit that the mainstream media is waging a whole out war against Donald Trump, for their own hidden agenda?

What does that have to do with honesty, except me being honest and openly saying I don't agree with that assertion?

Are you implying that since someone might not agree with you it indicates they are dishonest?

edit on 26-6-2017 by introvert because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 03:35 PM
link   
a reply to: DoubleDNH

Main reason why I left ATS several years ago. Who wants to waste time reading bs political banter? A lot of good people/sources/agents left ATS for the exact same reason. A once good thing turned bad in a span of 5 years.

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 03:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: DanteGaland
Seems like THESE posts are a great way to finally engage the MODS and SEE where they stand.

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 03:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: pirhanna

Right wing left wing, same old game. I dont like that ATS has become more about partisan politics than conspiracy and other topics, but thats really a reflection of where we are as a society, and ATS is not immune to whats happening around us. We are not immune to it.

It would be nice if there were a way to reduce partisan politics, but im not sure how that would work.

by physically sitting across a table from one another, and agreeing to NOT insult each other....this is what has happened in some bullying cases involving teens and pre-teens towards their peers....on line, they are brutal to one another, and the recipient does not have the coping skills of an adult, which has led to depression, self-inflicted physical wounds, and suicides. people restrain themselves when talking to each other in person, it can be called empathy, respect, or just being civil.......this is the ugly, s**t-stained downside of "social" media

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 03:38 PM
link   
a reply to: ForteanOrg

I would have to agree with this.

It's not as if the political discussions are the problem. It's the manner in which they're done that seems to be the problem.

Within the typical two sided debates there are many members who aren't honestly addressing the topic or that have any common ground possible. They are simply here to cause a disruption. They are just trolling. Baiting with unreasonable ideas and with biased opinions which normally would be considered too ridiculous to even entertain. But will be maintained and bumped by other trolls of the same agenda.

I've seen topics of the exact same source made multiple times and posting continues in all of them drowning out any opposing threads. Or threads made simply to counter another which is bumped over and over simply to push the other off of the page when what should have happened is that second thread been included as the counter argument in the first. These and similar tactics are in use here all the time.

There are some here who are here to discuss opposing ideas honestly. Then there are many here who are just here to attack the other side in any way possible and do everything possible to antagonize and belittle their opponents.

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 03:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx

originally posted by: Nikola014
You've got it all wrong.

ATS is one of the few forums online, refusing to accept the mainstream narrative that's being pushed so freaking hard. We're the only ones capable of calling out the BS when we see it. And, it is quite obvious to me that, the minority of members here, are offended, or better say angry, that they are not the majority here, as they are in literally any other online discussion board.

ATS is, and has always been a conspiracy site. We're here to question everything. We're here to question all the lies that we're being fed with. And if some of you have got a problem with that, you're more than welcome to just get the hell away from ATS. I assure you, ATS will not disappear without you.

We're the only place not dominated by the radical left. We should continue our efforts to remain objective and to debunk false narratives coming from the mainstream media. We must treasure ATS

"only place not dominated by the radical left"....are you kidding?....ok, here's how google works...type in "right-wing websites"......TADA!!.....all your fellow right-wingers on literally thousands of websites.....I know it is complicated to do that, but, you just seemed to need the help.

Are you guys deluded or what?

I see threads & posts of the white supremacist viewpoint get straight deleted, the users insta-banned with zero hesitation / tolerance. And I mean they dont even have to be aggressive in nature, not calling for race war or even hate, but you can still tell what the dudes appeal is and... Doesnt matter: ZERO TOLERANCE for 'True Far Right' viewpoints.

The SJW / Antifa / etc (which for all intensive purposes nowadays increasingly seems to the mainstream of modern America liberalismgoign by the liberal regulars in this very site), ZOMG the SJW viewpoint is as TRUE a SUPREMACIST viewpoint as the Neo-Nazi's at StormYouknowwhere, while for SJW's to get banned from this site they to have an entirely aggressive disposition + rude demeanor + constant race baiting & racist labeling pattern of posting behavior (not to mention it usually takes a while to even happen). I've only seen a couple SJW threads ever even get deleted the past year. One was dude had a hardcore eugenicist viewpoint, where was arguing it was basically genetics that had people turn out conservatives, oh yeah it was a real ripe one that OP, had videos of stooooopid conservatives... nothing too new there but had it all twisted with Nazi eugenics style 'science' from like 1907, ideas that each time they all breed they get dumber and dumber. Didnt use the word feebleminded (classical Eugenics phrase) but synonyms were abundant. Immediately I drew the parallel on that word. One mod immediately pointed out the gas chambers are what comes next. That thread actually made it maybe 5 or 7 pages. Honestly, I wish they would have left it up as an ultimate case study of SJW's reaching verbatim the precise same ideological endpoint as the Original Nazi's (especially ironic since it was American Progressive Eugenics that drove Hitler's racial theories and set that whole tide in motion).

The only ever time I've seen it was the night of the election. One of the SJW trolls that was particularly prickly the month prior, right after Trump won had chanced his whole avatar area into these fancy Nazi Swastikas, well it was some fancy design of trumps name "Trump" morphed into a Swastika (it was well done art I must say), and the thread had the imagery as the banner, and it was pure hate speech designed for no other cause but to just crap the place up. SO that one was gone by morning when I woke up.

So go ahead and play victim all you want, the truth around here is if anything they bend over backwards to let you guys try to express you're whole SJW / CRT / PC / BLM / etc viewpoints and as long as you aren't total dicks about it all the time you can get on with it. The flip side is anyone overtly of the white supremacist viewpoint they gone so fast no one ever remember they existed. And dont even try it: Black Power is the same evil as White Power. Gay Pride is the same stuff of White Pride. Liberals have ZERO TOLERANCE for White Pride while Gay Pride worn on their sleeve.

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 03:43 PM
link   
a reply to: [post=22394594]Nikola014[/post
Apparently, I'm trapped. Just like you! And just like you,.. I wonder why you ain't given a .45 cal. a BJ yet?.. Because you think you're right. I know I'm right, I have no questions about me/ or that. ..Yet!??!!
BEHOLD! There's your kind? Challenge, accepted! Just a note for you: Your "avatar" needs a haircut and a shave. The dude needs to stand a little closer to the razor. It's like "he's" heard of one, but never actually had to use it. Sounds like a "politician" to me. ..just saying. ..Why are you "still here"?

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 03:44 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

Most political threads on ATS are about supposed Trump-Russia collusion. And, when one side believes in what the mainstream media is saying(even though all the evidence is there to support my claim that they are owned by a few corporations with their own hidden agenda to push a false narrative), and the other side which refuses any news coming from them for reasons that I had already mentioned/

Honestly is not the problem here. In my opinion, people on ATS lack objectivity and perspective. Some people forget they are on a conspiracy site. and for unknown reason try to push a mainstream narrative on ATS, expecting people to believe in it, while failing to provide any substantial proof.

We will always have two sides. Always. Those who need very little proof to follow a mainstream narrative, and those who will question it, as there are always some hidden motive behind most of the things going on in the world.

There is no real discussion, as there is no proof. So, what we have instead is just a mutual mocking and insults flying around. It's sad really, as I would very much like to see and to study a proof the left has for their claim...which sadly, they don't have.

My point is, this will not end. As long as one side is completely destroyed with their main narrative, this will go on

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 03:44 PM
link   
For somebody like me that has been here long, long time, been on difference sides of debates, I don't find anything wrong with ATS, interestingly it goes both ways, both side of opposing views had complained the same way each time that things do not agree or go well with their point of view.

In other words, is nothing wrong with ATS now.

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 03:45 PM
link   
a reply to: DanteGaland
Well said.

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 03:48 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

That's correct.

I remember reporting so many posts during the heat of the elections, and it was mainly posts from Trump supporters getting deleted. I'm sure you, and a lot more people can confirm this.

It was a typical double standards, but you didn't see any one of us complain and whine about it.

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 03:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043
For somebody like me that has been here long, long time, been on difference sides of debates, I don't find anything wrong with ATS, interestingly it goes both ways, both side of opposing views had complained the same way each time that things do not agree or go well with their point of view.

In other words, is nothing wrong with ATS now.

I beg to differ. Were you on ATS prior to 2004? Looks like you joined in 2004 which is right around the arrival of the great global UGC format change and commerciali$m ruined ATS.

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 03:56 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm
There's never "two sides"! There's two sides of a fence. That side, or this side? ... How long you want to straddle/ride it? Only prolongs "your".. your "education".

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 03:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

I make it a point to be honest and admit my mistakes.

You make it a point to deny, derail, play apologist if not overtly support liberal facism (liberal terrorist ridden groups and their MSM influences especially) in seemingly every post you make.

Like more than even the duke.

But I will say you're real lets just say 'pro' about not being a total rude dick about it all (extremely tedious & irritating and a complete waste of time to debate because you never budge a millimeter on the far left groups & institutions you always habitually defend). Any time I notice you (do note I dont go and bother openeing every let/right trump/hillary thread).

I'm calling BS on your claim there.

For instance you flat out deny that Social Justice "Warriors" even exist, that 'it' is even or ever was an actual 'thing', that anyone who uses the term they are part of some paranoid delusional contingent that manufactured the whole concept isteld, and then the phrase "SJW" as some sort of insult against people that never existed in the first place, as if that even makes a lick of sense. And you've been insisting on this for about a year that I know of (you can be quoted in multiple threads of mine alone. As the Resident Far Left Defendor, denial is like the ultimate deflection, or at least I could see you thinking it is from my impression of how you operate (where assuming you're 'for real' how you must 'think').

Sure you do some sloppy ass jackery on occasion you might 'own up to it', but when for a year you're like a sort of Holocaust Denier in terms of SJW's, despite the fact that damn near every thread of mine that has SJW/BLM in the title or the main body you come storming in derailing and deflecting (while you're nowhere to be found in essentially none of the rest of my threads), you still argue for pages PC / SJ etc it doesnt even exist. Then I post a wall of links to threads covering all sorts of insane stories of the stuff people driven mad by "Social Justice" PC dogma are out doing and you'll still flat out deny that "SJW's" exist.

So seeing you here acting all honest, when I've seen 9/11 No Planer trolls back in their hayday (they practically shut the whole site down) more intellectually honest than you, it really is amazing I mean true professional integrity that you've managed to not get banned all these years. Have you ever even had a temporary posting ban?

edit on 26-6-2017 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join