It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS In Decline?

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 02:57 PM
link   
a reply to: eriktheawful

Different in some ways, the same in others.

Partisanship hasn't changed, because human nature hasn't changed. It will always feel more comfortable to join a group and blame others for our problems than seek the truth and go it alone.

As for the "supernatural", enough photographic orbs, CGI UFOs and doomsday dates have come and gone that the general level of skepticism regarding such phenomena has naturally increased. With that, interest tends to decrease -- though I still think it's wise to keep an open mind and avoid falling into the intellectual pit of cynicism.

Politics have long been considered the bane of ATS by some, but political topics are also a natural subject of suspicion and concern, because as bad as it is when we know what The Powers That Be are up to, it's far worse when we don't.

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 02:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Go to Twittery in charge and check the latest covfefe in case of doubt.

Republican Senators are working very hard to get there, with no help from the Democrats. Not easy! Perhaps just let OCare crash & burn!

twitter.com...

That's presidential in your book? Well. But still... he isn't President of the people depending on Medicaid, is he? How can someone take note of this problem without being labled a leftie, is that even possible?
edit on 26-6-2017 by PublicOpinion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 03:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

Johnny, that is the problem... people like you and so many on the left here in America can not accept something that they disagree with. The lowering of standards is being fed by the left wing media and protests from the masses of not getting their way.

You seem to have added the word left in order to qualify two statements in this post; problem is, in doing so, you're ignoring the fact that the right do the same thing.

America's loudest voices have split it down the middle, and no one side is inherently the problem - the vitriol seemingly taking over this site is due in part to this, one side constantly accusing the other of everything they're also guilty of, and few if any of those voices have any ability to be introspective enough to see this, or purposely ignore it.

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 03:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Majic

Agreed.

Of course, a lot of people that created many of the doom pron flavored threads have left since then too. Most when the world didn't end, the poles didn't shift, Nibiru didn't show up, and the comets didn't explode......

I really miss those threads though. There were a few that had very high quality thought put into them, and even gave me pause, heh.

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 03:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler
Just like this thread; you start off insulting the right wing people on this cite, and then cry the victim when they respond. I think you need to take a step back and look at your own posts before you criticize others.

The purpose of this thread was not to insult the right. But that doesn't mean that I can't make an observation that is pertinent to the central thesis of this thread. Criticism does not equate insult. I'm talking about the tenor of the discourse. You call me rude...yah, I can get irritated at the onslaught. But I figure I'm being pretty restrained in my responses as a rule. It's a Canadian thing, eh?

Frankly, this thread is not directed at the corrosive element at ATS...you can't get a pig to whistle, right? It's a message to the ownership that their experiment is failing. And it's a message to others that feel the way that I do.

Now, I'm not a flag-whore...well, at least as long as I can't cash them in for valuable premiums. But at this count there are 47 flags on this thread and I leave it to you to decide how many flagged it because they think I'm talking through me wazoo. And how many flags have been provided by people who agree with me.

That's why having a mod invite me to hit the trail if I don't like it does not bode well for anybody.

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 03:06 PM
link   

I've often wondered where they went, too.

I think they went into politics.

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 03:09 PM
link   
I don't live here. I just drop in looking for some fun, and after many years I think I've found a good balance between fighting and getting wound up or just being amused.

There have been waves and trends for years. If I don't like those trends, I don't drop in as much, or I become more selective about the posts I respond to.

That's what I do on my end. If TPTB on this site want to do something on their end to make me participate more, that's up to them. I have no control over it. I really don't.

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Decline? From what? From what "standard"? ATS has always been a forum of ignorance and the "ignorant", trying to sound "educated and intelligent,. "denying ignorance". How has that changed? I personally don't/haven't seen any decline.

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 03:13 PM
link   
I used to come here for some great reading but all I see now is political posts about Trump, Clinton and others. I loved hearing about strange occurrences and phenomenon but I really get sick of the politics... it's ALL political now... it's disappointing to say the least.

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 03:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: JohnnyCanuck

originally posted by: Grambler
Just like this thread; you start off insulting the right wing people on this cite, and then cry the victim when they respond. I think you need to take a step back and look at your own posts before you criticize others.

The purpose of this thread was not to insult the right. But that doesn't mean that I can't make an observation that is pertinent to the central thesis of this thread. Criticism does not equate insult. I'm talking about the tenor of the discourse. You call me rude...yah, I can get irritated at the onslaught. But I figure I'm being pretty restrained in my responses as a rule. It's a Canadian thing, eh?

I've got to agree, OPs original post wasn't insulting to anybody was it?

Which parts of it exactly were 'insulting the right wing' and then 'crying victim'?

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 03:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Majic

I've often wondered where they went, too.

I think they went into politics.

come the summer of 2018, 2020 they'll come back in force, and it will get ugly...again

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Here a slight modification to OP: That's changed. Simply stated, there is far too much trolling and hate-mongering going on, from BOTH SIDES

^^That I could have respected.

edit on 26-6-2017 by ker2010 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 03:18 PM
link   
a reply to: murphy22

After reading this, one has to wonder, what on earth are you still doing here then?

link   
a reply to: Painterz

Anything that isn't praising them or pushing a narrative about what a wonderful job they're doing is considered an insult.

link   

originally posted by: [post=22394545]JohnnyCanuck
It's a message to the ownership that their experiment is failing. And it's a message to others that feel the way that I do.

I wholeheartedly agree with you JohnnyCanuck. All experiments have a control. ATS was an experiment without one. As it stands today ATS is >85% necrotic. All self-inflicted of course.

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 03:19 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

The ARCHIVE is useful. It clearly does INDEED show "mini-cycles"

What are seeing now isn't typical...

OH..Just a heads up... The ((___)) thing. It's a KNOWN anti-semetic thing.

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 03:22 PM
link   
a reply to: JohnnyCanuck

Right wing left wing, same old game. I dont like that ATS has become more about partisan politics than conspiracy and other topics, but thats really a reflection of where we are as a society, and ATS is not immune to whats happening around us. We are not immune to it.

It would be nice if there were a way to reduce partisan politics, but im not sure how that would work.

link   

originally posted by: DoubleDNH
I used to come here for some great reading but all I see now is political posts about Trump, Clinton and others. I loved hearing about strange occurrences and phenomenon but I really get sick of the politics... it's ALL political now... it's disappointing to say the least.

you might try to stay out of the political forums, if it is making you sick. your curiosity is what might be leading to your "illness"....

link   
a reply to: DanteGaland

What? ((___))

Never seen one in my life. ((___))

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 03:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Majic

Nah, most of them just stopped posting on here.

Used to be a lot more UFO threads too. My favorites were those who would bring images for us to look at and try to figure out what it was. Those were always fun.

You still get a gem or two of a thread that's way out there and fun to read. Always loved Slayer's threads.

Secret Space Navy threads are always great too. I don't believe a word of them, but still, they do get that old imagination fired up, and even if you don't believe in it, it's always fun to speculate: well....what would it take to have that?

I'll admit, threads like the above are much more fun than arguing over whether POTUS should have two scoops of ice cream or not.

But it is, what it is. I keep an eye out for the things I like, and ignore the things I can't stand.....except for when someone alerts something in the things I can't stand and have to go take a look.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join