It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS In Decline?

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 05:16 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Whats more disturbing is the trend tl shutdown the voice of opposition rather than engage it.

Thats what thjs thread is about, shutting down the voice of opposition.

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 05:20 PM
link   
a reply to: JohnnyCanuck

It has been declining ever since it turned political. I'm so tired of seeing right wing left wing crap here. Does anyone remember what ATS even means?? ABOVE TOP SECRET. Now it's just another site about politics. They need to change the name of the site to ASFPG.com (another site for political garbage) because it doesn't have much to do with ATS anymore.

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 05:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Nikola014

Most political threads on ATS are about supposed Trump-Russia collusion.

That is incorrect and pure hyperbole.

Honestly is not the problem here. In my opinion, people on ATS lack objectivity and perspective. Some people forget they are on a conspiracy site. and for unknown reason try to push a mainstream narrative on ATS, expecting people to believe in it, while failing to provide any substantial proof.

Honesty is a huge problem. Here you are bashing people for pushing a narrative without proof, yet you are pushing a narrative without proof.

That is dishonest.

We will always have two sides. Always. Those who need very little proof to follow a mainstream narrative, and those who will question it, as there are always some hidden motive behind most of the things going on in the world.

There are always more than two sides. We will never gain any traction with people having such myopic views.

There is no real discussion, as there is no proof. So, what we have instead is just a mutual mocking and insults flying around. It's sad really, as I would very much like to see and to study a proof the left has for their claim...which sadly, they don't have.

Odd request, considering the investigations are still ongoing. Be patient before and don't knock people's opinions as being wrong because you think it fits in to some conspiratorial narrative. In the end, they may be right.

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 05:22 PM
link   
I'm from the UK and this site hit the skids when you had the election in the US, far too much politics. Ops used to be well thought out and researched, now people just post any old crap to get a rise.

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 05:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

I'm a Kraut and I will mock my way through all the rallies to come, plus I have my own issues with authority over here. So there's that as well.

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 05:23 PM
link   
a reply to: WilsonWilson

Funny I don't remember your last OP.

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 05:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: knowledgehunter0986
a reply to: angeldoll

Wow angel. Just wow..

Oh Honey! It was just a little play on the movie Idiocracy! I thought it was funny?

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 05:24 PM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

True. You could be talking about #ing horny toads evolving and conquering the world, and they'd find a way to make it about the right-left ONLY lick ass paradigm. It's sickening really. I am being facetious, but, it's a fact... It has even filtered into the paranormal forum.

edit on 26-6-2017 by SpeakerofTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 05:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

Until you've been in our shoes.............

Our job description: Facilitate discussion.

Not: Rule With An Iron Fist.

Again, until you've been in our shoes (and I mean here at ATS...not some other forum or online site).

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 05:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: eriktheawful
a reply to: Nyiah

Until you've been in our shoes.............

Our job description: Facilitate discussion.

Not: Rule With An Iron Fist.

Again, until you've been in our shoes (and I mean here at ATS...not some other forum or online site).

I'd like to say thanks to all of you mods that do what you do.

I wouldn't want to bear that burden of dealing with all of us.

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 05:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert
I'd like to say thanks to all of you mods that do what you do.

I wouldn't want to bear that burden of dealing with all of us.

That deserves an 'applause'.

link   

originally posted by: toysforadults
a reply to: WilsonWilson

Funny I don't remember your last OP.

Because I used to be intimidated, id read something and be impressed. I could post this stuff but I use facebook for that.

link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

originally posted by: PublicOpinion

Go to Twittery in charge and check the latest covfefe in case of doubt.

That's presidential in your book? Well. But still... he isn't President of the people depending on Medicaid, is he? How can someone take note of this problem without being labled a leftie, is that even possible?

Well first you do realize Trump is not a politician, don't you? He was elected as an anti-Washington, an outsider. People just want to get things fixed that are broken that professional politicians just seem to talk about with little actions.

Obama was my President when he came up with the crappy unsustainable ACA, Trump is their President... plain and simple...voted into office plain and simple...Trump wasn't even in office yet when the up roars started, so saying people have the right to complain about what he has done with Medicaid is just making excuses since he has done nothing with it.... lol

As Obamacare fails what do we do?

we'll have the same system as before the ACA, but with 800 billion dollars (over 10 years) less for Medicaid and Medicare that will go mostly to the wealthiest in the form of tax breaks. people that own their homes outright, without expensive health insurance will lose their homes if they become too ill. 60% of those currently in nursing homes are funded by Medicaid, so they will be put into ?....and 20% of all children getting help through Medicaid will get help from ?....

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 05:33 PM
link   
how about if we post about politics
its got to contain some supernatural themes and elements

Trumps right wing attitude may be caused by acute vampirism ?
Democrats are haunted at night by the disembodied policies
of previous administrations ?
There's a Zombie Lincoln that Gerry Ford reanimated trying to pass a bill about gun control ?

edit on 26-6-2017 by kibric because: boo

edit on 26-6-2017 by kibric because: boo

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 05:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: spacemanjupiter

It has been declining ever since it turned political. I'm so tired of seeing right wing left wing crap here. Does anyone remember what ATS even means?? ABOVE TOP SECRET. Now it's just another site about politics. They need to change the name of the site to ASFPG.com (another site for political garbage) because it doesn't have much to do with ATS anymore.

As someone who holds TS/SCI clearance - yes I do. As someone who has seen the advent of this once great site I am appalled by these bird part fights going on here at ATS of all places. Most sections are garbage filled wastelands occupied by hapless distractors.

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 05:34 PM
link   
The most critical voices here are the least likely to contribute.

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 05:37 PM
link   
I am reminded of that Droopy cartoon where he was a sheep herder moving into cattle country and the one steer comes running saying "Moo, moo, moo, baa, baa, baa" and the cattle herder says "What do y'all mean baa, baa, baa?" And the steer responds "Sheep ya durned fool."

Not long after the 2014 midterms, I said the pendulum was going to swing the other way and it was going to hit like a wrecking ball. Then Trump announced his candidacy and I said that I hope he wins just to watch heads explode. Both things have come to pass.

So here we are today with political brinkmanship being the game and hot topic on ATS. Good or bad, it is what people want to discuss. But let's look at other topics:

Chemtrails. I personally think it is bunk and all threads once went to Skunk Works. Now it has its own forum. And I don't have a problem with that although I do have opinions on other needed forums.

9/11. Just try to write a thread promoting the Official Story in there if you think the left/right wing politics are polarized. Although interestingly enough 9/11 Conspiricy Theories tend to border on politics.

Middle East forum. Political? See how many times "Bush lied. People died." appears in that forum.

Survival forum. My absolute favorite topic and I haven't wrote a thread there in years. I remember when it wasn't a forum, just a collection of threads. Fun fact: It only has about 12,000 more posts than the 2012 forum.

The Political Mud-Pit....has about half the posts as the religion, faith, and theology forum in BTS (and I never even posted in the religion, faith and theology forum despite having many real life discussions on the matter)

I could go on but suffice it to say that there a world of forums less frequented and put forth the challenge of creating a thread in one if you are tired of the political banter. PM me a link and I will read it.

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 05:41 PM
link   

geez.....go to the top and click on "forums" for Christ sake, and stay out of the political forums if you are so intellectually insulted, or, simply leave.

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 05:44 PM
link   
I actually wonder how many people who are here now actually came for the conspiracies vs. coming here more recently for the political craziness (not saying there aren't some conspiracies to be had in politics, but you all know what I mean).

I lurked for years before even registering because I was pulled in by a fascination with the outlier (non-pedestrian) conspiracy theories. Spaceship moon. Hollow earth. All the stuff that made me appreciate the human thought process/imagination/etc. The indulgence and dedication that people have/had to dig deep, theorize, tread into the rabbit hole. The cinema of life playing out in real time. It's all still magical, but yes, the top threads would make us all believe otherwise.

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 05:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: MaestroMind

As someone who holds TS/SCI clearance - yes I do. As someone who has seen the advent of this once great site I am appalled by these bird part fights going on here at ATS of all places. Most sections are garbage filled wastelands occupied by hapless distractors.

so tell us, "master of deep thoughts" what you would like to discuss?

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join