It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS In Decline?

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 03:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Martin75
a reply to: JohnnyCanuck
So you are fine with the left wing propaganda? Gotcha

Left wing propaganda is at about 10-20% of the right wing propaganda on here. I don't see how anyone can dispute this.

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 04:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: yeahright
Sometimes I go back in the archives and reread some of those old threads. *Hint*- pick a year and month in the archive and sort it by number of replies. Or pick a forum (like maybe... Aliens and UFOs) and sort by replies. It won't take long to find some pretty interesting stuff.

Me too. It's always amazing to see what happened to folks whose posts I enjoyed reading so much. Mostly conservative thinkers we're not allowed to talk about anymore.

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 04:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm
a reply to: jimmyx

The thing is, it's not just here at ATS. If that was the case it would be easily ignored. But the fact is, is that it's everywhere. It's all over the internet from youtube comments to twitter and all social media. I even see it in comments within sites that have nothing to do with politics. Some of the strangest places online will have the random political troll doing his thing just because.

But it's in the news as well and other forms of entertainment television. Even when you completely ignore all such digital forms of communication it's even in the wild. It's infected families causing divorce, family gathers at holiday's to be broken I mean when you have couples, friends and family actually separating and not speaking you realize that the whole of American society has been effected, or perhaps infected, with a partisan division that doesn't seem to have a remedy that we know about.

there was a recent study where the brain waves of young people were monitored as they were holding their "devices" and they asked them to set them down for periods of time, first 15 minutes, then 30 minutes, and then an hour, all the while being able to see the device on a table in front of them. they found that the longer the interval was, the more anxious the device owner became....the brain waves themselves mimicked drug users brainwaves when they were trying to kick the habit. after the devices (smartphones, tablets) were turned back over to the owner, there was a increase in the dopamine level of the brain.....I have seen this myself, example...a woman in a grocery store holding her small child in one arm and a cell phone in the other, she put the child down on it's feet to stand beside her, but continued to hold the phone, when she reached for a grocery item.....also I've seen people engaged in a discussion with another person, at the same time they are constantly glancing at their phone.

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 04:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: murphy22
a reply to: mOjOm
There's never "two sides"! There's two sides of a fence. That side, or this side? ... How long you want to straddle/ride it? Only prolongs "your".. your "education".

Huh??? There's never two sides??? WTF does that mean??? Everything has at least two sides. Straddling something requires two sides as well for you to straddle it.

I have no idea WTF "your" point is in that comment. Care to explain???

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 04:06 PM
link   
a reply to: JohnnyCanuck

So you have made a post about the poor lefties being trolled, and you are basically trolling the right wing in the post. Nice. I see how you guys work.

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 04:08 PM
link   
a reply to: jimmyx

Somehow, given observed behaviour, that doesn't surprise me in the least.

Not a good thing, imho.

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 04:13 PM
link   
ATS mirrors the world outside of ATS and the tenor here is the same as the tenor in the news and all over the social media. ATS is just a reflection of what is going on around us.

We all chose to be here or not be here and we all have the freedom to read or not read, to join in or not join in conversations or debates.

ATS is what we each make of it and what it is like for us is of our own making as members here.

This is very large place, with forums of interest to many tastes. Which topics we read and participate in is entirely of our own doing. If politics hits our buttons and we keep posting and reading the political threads, it is our own damn fault. To blame it on the site is absurd.

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 04:14 PM
link   
You KNOW it's bad when OTHER sites discuss how far right-wing the conspiracy community has become.

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 04:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nikola014
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

That's correct.

I remember reporting so many posts during the heat of the elections, and it was mainly posts from Trump supporters getting deleted. I'm sure you, and a lot more people can confirm this.

It was a typical double standards, but you didn't see any one of us complain and whine about it.
Please demonstrate where I have been whining.

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 04:17 PM
link   
a reply to: NoJack

I wanted to post in the other thread that had more like minded people as myself, but it got removed. I can guess why, but it only re enforces the PC filter on what was otherwise an intelligent conversation laying out grievances with the left.

I guess only one for today.

Shows its pretty balanced here though. If ATS were a right wing bastion or whatever is being argued by the victims of it, that wouldn't happen. OR it would to this thread as well.

edit on 6 26 2017 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 04:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: DanteGaland
You KNOW it's bad when OTHER sites discuss how far right-wing the conspiracy community has become.

Funnier still when spokesmen from the right look down their noses and ridicule the conspiracy community as a whole.

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 04:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: JohnnyCanuck

originally posted by: Grambler
Just like this thread; you start off insulting the right wing people on this cite, and then cry the victim when they respond. I think you need to take a step back and look at your own posts before you criticize others.

The purpose of this thread was not to insult the right. But that doesn't mean that I can't make an observation that is pertinent to the central thesis of this thread. Criticism does not equate insult. I'm talking about the tenor of the discourse. You call me rude...yah, I can get irritated at the onslaught. But I figure I'm being pretty restrained in my responses as a rule. It's a Canadian thing, eh?

Frankly, this thread is not directed at the corrosive element at ATS...you can't get a pig to whistle, right? It's a message to the ownership that their experiment is failing. And it's a message to others that feel the way that I do.

Now, I'm not a flag-whore...well, at least as long as I can't cash them in for valuable premiums. But at this count there are 47 flags on this thread and I leave it to you to decide how many flagged it because they think I'm talking through me wazoo. And how many flags have been provided by people who agree with me.

That's why having a mod invite me to hit the trail if I don't like it does not bode well for anybody.

Saying the right is hurling feces is not a criticism. You are being disingenuous. You intended to use inflammatory language.

So big deal your post has a lot of flags. The cognitive dissonance for some posters to say this is an alt right echo chamber, but every week we have posts complaining about it getting tons of flags is hysterical.

Oh, and my thread making fun of threads like this in Feb. got 40 something flags, so I guess that shows a lot of people think threads like this are silly.

You are just another in a long line of people threatening the mods and owners that they are doing a bad job, and it will cost them. You are someone who engages in the same vitriolic rhetoric you are criticizing, and you desire the censorship of those who disagree with you.

Sorry, this isn't a campus; you don't get to censor those you don't like. ATS has seen your type come and go before, and we will be just fine if you decide to leave.

If you would like to stay and continue to offer your unique take on things, that would be great too.

But I find the veiled insinuations of the owners and mods in this cite failing on this thread to have an incredible hubris, and to be misplaced.

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 04:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nikola014

That's correct.

I remember reporting so many posts during the heat of the elections, and it was mainly posts from Trump supporters getting deleted. I'm sure you, and a lot more people can confirm this.

It was a typical double standards, but you didn't see any one of us complain and whine about it.

Did you man to say "I remember THEM reporting so many posts".

If so yeah I can confirm that. I had threads for the first time ever frozen, and worse, same with posts, where I was certain it was because the SJW's whom were piling all over me had been hitting ALERT. My impression so many times it was specifically because they were doing that.

I think that's the most I might get away with saying about 'policy' of stuff.

But it certainly jived with the resident SJW's openly & overtly calling for all manner of censorship of their critics around here. Which lets not forget no matter how independent your posting history, no matter how many times you've had conservative types label you a liberal in the past, nowadays to the resident leftists, if you speak out against the atrocities and censorship ambitions of the SJW horde then they flat out slander you as being a Far Right White Nationalist. And then they wonder why everyone but then grow to hate them, and then they make threads like this one here.

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 04:27 PM
link   
a reply to: IShotMyLastMuse

You found out about it just as the downward spiral began. I have been a member since 2006. I noticed a distinct change in the atmosphere and quality of posts here around late 2010 early 2011. I went on hiatus for several years. Matter of fact, I have posted here more in the past two months than I have in the last 3 or 4 years combined.

I used to love the site, but frankly, it has turned into a partisan pissing match. Both rightists and leftists say the "center has seemingly disappeared." WRONG. We're alive and well... We just get ignored because we state things neither side wants to hear.
edit on 26-6-2017 by SpeakerofTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Boo hoo, have a tissue.

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Do you really want to argue about politics ?

I guess all these different threads are trying to say
is when did we all start to become Democrat or Republican Labour or Tory
instead of Conspiracy Theorists ?

why not focus on what you have in common ?
Conspiracies
I don't like everything my friends like
I don't agree with them on some topics
but it doesn't mean we cant get on

I don't want to spend my time here in this great community
arguing about politics and I don't think many of you do either
this thread could go on forever
we should all go back to wearing our tin foil hats

edit on 26-6-2017 by kibric because: boo

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 04:34 PM
link   
a reply to: kibric

we should all go back to wearing our tin foil hats

Funny I happen to be wearing mine right now! Nothing like tinfoil and sunshine, have to be careful no one thinks I have a ufo on my head, nosy neighbors.

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 04:40 PM
link   
This site has been going downhill since 2008 and every mouthbreather has gotten access to the internet. You can't even talk about aliens or conspiracies anymore which this site was built upon. Ban politics on this site and all will be well again.

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 04:40 PM
link   

deluded by what???.....I simply replied that there are thousands of websites NOT DOMINATED by the left, as ATS has been in RECENT history. so what did I say that caused you to say that I'm delusional?....what I said is easily provable by anyone that does a little research

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 04:42 PM
link   
a reply to: MaestroMind

wow it's been around since 1999? I thought it was founded in 2002? I did a look around and saw the difference from then till now, it's certainly changed a lot.

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join